This page includes the release notes for both client-installed products, whose releases are identified by version numbers:
as well as for Intuiface's cloud-hosted infrastructure, whose updates are identified by the month of availability:
- Share and Deploy console
- API Explorer
- Hosted services
- Intuiface licensing
- User and account management
We maintain a separate Known Limitations page for Composer and Player on Windows.
The technology used in Player on Windows is different from the technology used on all other Player-supported platforms. See our release notes for iPad, Android, ChromeOS, BrightSign, Samsung SSP, and LG webOS for details if there are platform-specific updates to Player.
Intuiface Cloud and Infrastructure - March 2022
Share and Deploy / Hosted Services / Intuiface Licensing
- We duplicated the server infrastructure supporting multiple cloud-hosted functionalities, enabling fail-over support and enhanced availability even during server updates.
- Intuiface Licensing
- Platform Enterprise accounts can now select which (if any) existing Player subscriptions they would like to extend when extending the Platform subscription. This scenario typically occurs when purchasing new Player subscriptions as this necessitates a Platform extension.
Composer and Player v7.0.4
In Composer and Player on Windows, we’ve updated the version of Chromium used in the Web Browser and HTML Frame Assets. Guess which version…. Nope…. No, not that one…. Ok, we’ll tell you. It’s now Version 97. That means a lot of enhancements and bug fixes inherited from the Chromium codebase.
Installer for Composer will no longer insist on the use of an account with Admin privileges. Why was it ever such a snob?
Player uses a local version of each referenced H-CMS base so you’d think network connectivity wouldn’t be necessary - but a bug was blocking local base use if the network was down. Fixed!
The Sort action for a collection in a base is no longer tripped up if some of the collection items had no values for the property being sorted
- Scroll Collection
- Multi-selecting items within a Scroll Collection and then turning them into a Group Collection now creates a well-organized group rather than the mess we’d been creating.
Fixed a bug impacting the resizing of assets within a Scroll Collection during Edit Mode
Intuiface Cloud and Infrastructure - February 2022
- We've removed the SQL/NoSQL option for data point storage. We'll be honest, nobody has requested that option in the 3+ years it's been available. There's just no demand so we're removing our commitment to deliver it.
Intuiface Cloud and Infrastructure - January 2022
- User and Account Management
- Now you can have one or more credit cards on file but choose to have none recognized as the Default. This prevents automated license renewal but is handy if you're not going to know which card to use until the last minute.
Composer and Player v7.0.3
Intuiface accounts with base usage rights now have the ability to reinstate base access for a revoked experience while in Composer. Previously, if an experience has its base access rights revoked, the base owner would have to log into Headless CMS in order to reinstate those rights.
- We’ve enhanced the error messages and logged information that can occur when downloading or pushing an experience to a remote device.
- Headless CMS
- Corrected base access error that occurred under certain rare circumstances. So rare you should feel lucky to have encountered the error!
- We were having some issues binding Action parameters to an H-CMS base. Not any more!
- Though it seemed like an intentional joke, we didn’t really want to say a data feed was named “missing property” instead of the actual name of a base collection. Fixed!
- You can now run 2+ instances of Composer on the same PC and then open/edit experiences using the same base.
- Want to “Save as” an experience using an H-CMS base? Now you can!
Intuiface Cloud - December 2021
- Secondary accounts can now create their own dashboards. Previously, only the Primary account could create dashboards for Secondary account data.
- Intuiface Licensing
Composer and Player v7.0.2
- Headless CMS
- New ‘ISO 8601 Date“ property for the Clock Interface asset. We all know what ISO 8601 is so additional explanation is not required. Even my kid knows ISO 8601.
- Superscript text is no longer ignored by the Excel Interface Asset when that text is retrieved via binding. (Is this really a bug fix? Who’s to say? And did we want to keep the Fixes section focused on the Headless CMS? Maybe, maybe not.)
- Headless CMS
- Launching Play Mode in Composer - which always initiates a local sync for all bases referenced by the experience - no longer forgets to include variant changes.
- Initial Swap Collection animation is no longer stopped by the unfinished loading of a base.
- Collection behavior “Autoplay video in focus” is no longer stopped by the unfinished loading of a base.
- Composer no longer displays an error message while opening an experience if a base was deleted from that experience before Composer was last closed.
- Data Source property of a data feed (located in the Scene Structure panel) no longer displays a reference to components deleted using the Headless CMS cloud-hosted editor.
- Conditional triggers bound to base values now work.
Composer and Player v7.0.1
- Headless CMS
- Filters and sorting for the Date/Time property now work in all cases. Except for 1-October at 15h GMT. Ok, just kidding, it works then too.
- Assigning a different base to a data feed no longer breaks bindings if the original and new base have the same data structure. For example, maybe you have a test base and a production base. Now you can actually switch between the two. How nice!
- Bindings to a base were being lost when used in conditional triggers. This was unconditionally not ok. Fixed.
- Base synchronization between the cloud and the local copy now starts with the smallest file size and works its way up to the largest. At the end of the day, sync won’t be faster, it’ll just feel better on the soul to see lots of progress as the sync starts.
- The Excel Interface Asset is now fine if a column title contains a comma - like “Product, Items”. Previously, you couldn’t filter or sort columns with a comma in their name.
- Corrected an Intuiface 7 installer issue that insisted on using Intuiface 6 icons. Hey, Intuiface 6, it’s time to let go…. Just let it go…. It’s ok…..
- We’ve eliminated a couple of Composer crash conditions.
Intuiface Cloud - September 2021
- Intuiface licensing
Composer and Player v7.0.0
Player Next Gen
We've used cutting-edge web techniques to create the most platform-diverse, highly scalable runtime in the industry. It frees your content from the venue, enabling it to be run in web pages or as native apps on personal mobile devices. And its performance - even on Player’s existing list of supported platforms, including BrightSign and Samsung Tizen - is the closest you'll get to writing native code.
For evaluation, we’re taking a managed roll-out approach. See our rules about how to evaluate Player Next Gen.
For a lot more feature detail: https://www.intuiface.com/player-next-gen
Our Headless CMS is a cloud-hosted repository enabling content managers to define, store, and manage the media and information consumed by Intuiface deployments anywhere in the world. It’s all about the content, making it possible to define complex data structures with an innovative approach to managing variance based on context. Users can add and manage content before a UI even exists, and Player devices host synchronized, local copies of the data to maximize content upload and to overcome unreliable networks.
For a lot more feature detail: https://intuiface.com/headless-cms
Check out our Help Center documentation:
License packaging overhaul
All account tiers have access to all features, including Analytics and the Headless CMS. The days of separately priced features are gone. We’ve also introduced two very sought-after features: unlimited subscription extensions and subscription renewal alignment, both critical for agencies and integrators managing their own clients.
(Yes, not so special in light of the big news, but it’s not their fault. And remember, some of your Intuiface-using colleagues asked for these things. Be respectful!)
Added “Greater or equal to” and “Lower or equal to” filters to the Excel Interface Asset.
Included direct links to the Analytics Dashboard and My Intuiface in the Composer menu.
Versions before 7.0
Releases notes of version before 7.0 are available at Releases Notes Archive: Intuiface Version 6.x