The Carousel collection presents content in a rotating sequence.
Like most collections, the Carousel collection can include any asset type, including buttons and even other collections. Buttons in a Carousel can be used to trigger any action, including navigation to other scenes. To do so:
- Create Simple or Image buttons in the same Scene as the Carousel.
- If Image buttons, select an image for each button, optionally using different images for Pressed and Released states.
- Define actions for each button using the Triggers and Actions panel.
- Drag these buttons into the Carousel either from the Scene Structure panel or from scene and pressing Alt.
- Using Player or Composer's Preview Mode, click on the front-and-center button in the Carousel to trigger its action(s).
See Common collection properties for details of common properties shared by different all collection types
- Style provides the list of currently available collection styles. Select another collection style to display your assets in a different way.
- Index in focus specifies which item in the collection should have focus
- Orientation defines whether the Carousel is horizontal or vertical
- View angle defines the initial angle of view of the carousel
- Diameter defines the width of the carousel
- Show carousel shadow toggles whether the overall carousel should cast a shadow
- Flat view displays the carousel as a collection of flat items
- Display loading images: shows the loading indicator set by the experience property
- Item width defines the width of the items displayed in the carousel
- Item height defines the height of the items displayed in the carousel
- Display back of items defines whether the back of the items is dosplayed when they are rotated into the background
- Show item shadows displays a shadow for each item displayed in the carousel
- Show icons displays "asset type" identification icons on the assets in the collection
For autoscrolling behavior, see the Common Collection Properties article.
- Scroll by defines the number of items scrolled when the scroll arrows are tapped
- Initial scroll effect reminds users that the collection is scrollable each time the Scene is displayed
- Recenter time defines the length of time it takes for a scrolled Carousel to snap to an item after rotation has slowed down to a low, predefined (and not configurable) rate.
- Soft move speed defines how quickly rotation caused by a swipe will come to a halt. The higher the number, the longer it will take a spun Carousel to stop spinning - i.e. the "softer" it will slow down.
- Allow interaction with item toggle whether or not an item can be interacted with. For example, if this property is turned on, touching a video in a collection can cause the video to play.
- Show usage animation toggles whether or not to display a graphic illustrating how to interact with this collection
- Tap item to open toggle whether or not a touch on an item will cause a copy of that item to open outside of its parent collection.
- Drag and drop item to open toggle whether or not a drag-and-drop action on an item will cause a copy of that item to open outside of its parent collection.
- Resize ratio for opened item identify the size multiple of an opened item in comparison to its size while inside the collection. A ratio of 1 means don't change the size, a ratio of 2 means double the size, a ratio of 0.5 means reduce the size in half, and so on.
Autoscroll is discussed in the article about common collection properties.
See Triggers Overview to get details of common triggers shared by all assets or collections
- Index is changed: Raised when the index has changed.
- Is moved to the next item: Raised when this collection is moved to the next item.
- Is moved to the previous item: Raised when this collection is moved to the previous item.
- Is scrolled: Raised when this collection has been scrolled.
- Last item is reached: Raised when the last item has been reached.
- Reaches index: Raised when the specified index is reached
- Index: the index to reach
- Autoscrolling is paused: Raised if autoscrolling is paused due to a user action
- Autoscroll is activated: Raised if autoscrolling has started
- Autoscroll is deactivated: Raised if autoscrolling has been stopped
- Is autoscrolled: Raised if the collection has autoscrolled
See Actions Overview to get details of common actions shared by all assets or collections
- Close all opened collection items: Close all opened collection items.
- Next: Go to the next item.
- Open item: Open a copy of the item outside its collection.
- Index: The index of the item to open.
- X: The X position to open the item at.
- Y: The Y position to open the item at.
- Orientation: The orientation to open the item with.
- Previous: Go to the previous item.
- Scroll to an index: Scroll to an item using its index.
- Index: The index of the item to scroll to.
- Scroll to an item: Scroll to an item using its Name property.
- Item name: the asset name to scroll to.
- Start autoscroll: Start autoscroll for this collection if it isn't already running
- Stop autoscroll: Stop autoscroll for this collection if it hasn't already stopped
- Toggle autoscroll: Start autoscroll if it's stopped, stop it if it's running
NOTE: The Open item action requires that the collection's Visible property be set to True and that the item to be opened is already scrolled into view. If the item is not yet scrolled into view, use the Scroll to or Scroll to an asset actions before calling Open item.
- Carousel will display degraded asset rendering with very big width/height items nested within. A small image in a very big (5k width/height) group will display degraded rendering.