This article explains how to install and run Intuiface Player on a Raspberry Pi device. Once Player is running, the user experience is similar to Player on all other supported platforms. If you are already familiar with how to use Player on those platforms, then you can go from a published Intuiface experience to running it on Raspberry Pi in seconds. If you are new to Intuiface, hang in there - it's easy!
- Before using Player on Raspberry Pi, be sure to acquaint yourself with known limitations. Player on Raspberry Pi is almost but not quite fully feature-equivalent to Player on Windows.
Player was tested on the following models:
- Raspberry Pi 4 B - 8GB RAM memory
- The more powerful the device, the more complex an Intuiface experience can be. For example, not all experiences will perform well on a Raspberry Pi device. No complexity measure exists, so do not assume a particular device will perform adequately for a given Intuiface experience. Be sure to test your experiences before committing to this platform.
Supported OS version
Intuiface Player requires the latest version of Raspberry Pi OS (64-bit)
- We highly recommend updating all OS packages after installation before running Intuiface Player.
Installing Intuiface Player on a Raspberry Pi device
- Download Intuiface Player from the following URL https://player.intuiface.com/raspberrypi
- Extract the archive (zip)
- Open Terminal inside the extracted folder
- Run Intuiface Player by executing the following command: ./intuiface-player
Player activation (aka assigning a license)
Assigning a license
Player activation is the process used to associate Player with an Intuiface account and - if available - a paid license. The activation mechanism has been designed to account for very large-scale and highly variable deployments.
Choose any of the multiple Player activation options available for use.
- When a license expires, it is released automatically. Player will then attempt to request a new license the next time it is run.
- If no active Platform plan/license is available, Player will not run.
License checkout order
If permitting Intuiface to automatically assign a license, such as when logging into Player, the oldest available license (based on the original purchase date) with the longest subscription duration will be selected.