The Random from list Interface Asset enables the random selection of an item from among a group of possible values. The group of possible values is represented by a text-based list using a predefined character as a separator.
Properties, Triggers & Actions
- Possible Values: the list of items divided by a separator of your choice
- Separator options: blank space, semicolon (;), comma (,), dash (-), underscore (_), pipe (|)
- Separator: the separator you used in the Possible Values property.
- Result: the randomly selected item
Random from list
- Select a new value: selects a new item among the list of possible values
- Add an item: enables you to dynamically add new items to the list of possible values
- Clear the list: empties the list entirely
Set Asset Properties
- Set possible values: create a list of possible values using the separator of your choice
- Set separator: specify which separator to use in your list of possible values
Imagine you want to display a random quote in your space.
- Add a Random from list Interface Asset.
- Enter all the quotes in the Possible values property, separated by a semi-colon. Set the Separator property to semi-colon.
- Add a Text asset and bind its text property to the Result property of the Random from list interface asset.
- Call the Select a new value action, either from a user action like a button or using a timer.
Article is closed for comments.