This page includes the release notes for Intuiface Player on all platforms other than Windows: iPad, Android, ChromeOS, Samsung SMART Signage and LG WebOS Smart Displays.
A separate Release Notes exists for Player on Windows because the underlying Player technology on Windows is uniquely different from the technology used on all other platforms.
This page covers release notes starting with Version 6.0.0. See also Release notes for Version 5.x.
All known limitations can be found here.
For Windows PCs, see our Release Notes for Intuiface Composer and Player on Windows.
ChromeOS, Tizen, LGWebOS: Player using None Interactive Licenses can now download an play experiences
- Open "_blank" URLs with the Web Browser Asset. To those not in the HTML club, this is about links specifying that a new tab should be opened. In the past, Intuiface didn't support these links at all. Now you have the option of opening these pages in the same Web Browser used to select the link. A new browser is not opened, we're replacing the currently loaded webpage with the page referenced by the "_blank" URL. Believe us, you don't want multiplying Web Browsers in your experience. It's a mess.
- Added support for the Linear Gauge Asset
- "Enter" key of a physical keyboard now adds a line feed in multi-line text fields when line wrap is enabled. The "Enter" key on the virtual keyboard always did this so we've now got parity.
- Configure whether controls should remain visible at all times in the Video Asset. The default has been to hide them while a video plays but that's not always the best idea.
- Enhanced error messages returned by our servers do a better job of explaining what the problem is and what to do about it.
- The "Scroll to index" action for the Asset Grid Collection needed a good once-over. The following items have been corrected. In all cases, the problems happened in edge cases, so many of you will be unaware of these problems:
- Inability to load images
- Failure to trigger after leaving and re-entering a scene
- Failure to end animation in the correct position. The scroll sometimes stopped halfway through an item or between items
- Fixed a bug preventing an experience to start (stuck at "Creating visuals") when a Swap Collection was nested within another Swap Collection
- Enforced the “Allow navigation” property of the Web Browser Asset.
- "Allow interaction" property is now respected if set to false for the 3D, YouTube, and Document Assets. The other assets were fine, implying they were somehow our favorites.
- Transparent buttons created for your own custom Experience style are now actually transparent. Before this fix, the Opacity property was not taken into account, letting the color shine through.
- Corrected issue with the "Visible to interactivity" property unique to static assets. If the property was disabled, changing the asset to Free or Pinnable didn't change its invisibility to interactivity. Now, regardless of the "Visible to interactivity" setting, Free and Pinnable assets will be interactive.
- Sitting down? Ok, here goes -> The Fill color of a Toggle Button, if bound to the Fill color of a rectangle/ellipse, is now correctly updated when updating the color of the rectangle/ellipse using triggers and actions. Got that?
- ChromeOS: Corrected the error message returned when the device has no storage available for downloading experiences.
- LG webOS: Corrected the error message returned when the date and time of the device are incorrect.
- iOS: The back of items in the Carousel weren't being rendered on iOS 12 and above. Fixed!
- New Autoscroll behavior for all ordered collections
- Now your Asset Grids, Carousels, and other ordered collections can automatically scroll through member items one at a time
- Timing can determined at the collection level or uniquely defined for each item
- Both content and timing can be specified in the cloud and accessed via interface assets - no need to define them at design time
- Use it to create automated playlists. A perfect fit for non-interactive signage
- Ordered collections now also have a new "Allow scroll" property. With it you can choose whether or not your audience should be able to manually scroll ordered collections using tap or swipe gestures.
- New transition options for the Swap collection
- It's more than flipping. In addition to the flip you can now slide, fade, zoom in, zoom out, or card stack your way from one item to another. It's your choice!
- With the new autoscroll feature mentioned earlier, the Swap Collection may be your first go-to for automated playlists.
- Added ability for all Asset types and other media-specific properties (like Experience Style icons) to directly reference media using URLs and network file paths without having to use an interface asset. Previously, only Image and Video Assets had this ability
- This is a bonus add-on for the previous feature. Using a URL to reference media? Now it can be HTTPS in addition to HTTP.
- Bonus bonus: All of you Airtable-as-CMS users may be aware that Airtable restricts media references to HTTPS. Guess what? With the above enhancement, you can now reference videos.
- A crowd pleaser: Virtual and physical keyboard interactions will now reset inactivity timers. “Typing is an activity!” said everyone.
- ChromeOS: Remotely rebooting a Chrome OS device using the Google Admin console will no longer cause the device to enter standby mode after 10 minutes of inactivity.
- Other minor bug fixes
- Corrected a z-index problem affecting experience layers. In some situations, elements were not rendered on the scene when using only foreground experience layers.
- iOS: Fixed a rendering issue impacting scene background images set with "Fit Behavior - Fill" property.
- Binding the "current url" of a web browser works again.
We've collected a number of time-saver triggers and actions in this release. Enjoy!
- Asset Grid collection: “First item reached” trigger
- Toggle Button: “Is pressed” and “Is released” triggers
- Web Browser asset – “Page loaded” trigger
- Video and YouTube assets – “Toggle play/pause” action
Major update to Player packaging. See intuiface.com/release-history for details
- The Rectangle asset and text in the Button control are no longer deformed when the container dimensions are changed during runtime
- LG webOS: Player can again be installed on webOS 4 devices. That's one lousy bug. Sorry about that, webOS users!
- Android: Beacon Detection interface asset works again.
- Corrected a z-index issue exclusively affecting experience layers. In certain situations, experience layers were not respecting the defined Z order. (That’s the order of content along the z-axis, the lesser known member of the x, y, z axis triplets. But don’t feel bad for z because it’s super famous vs. the fourth dimensional w-axis. We’re working on it.)
- Attempts to relaunch a downloaded experience in the Experiences Panel will no longer return the terribly mistaken Error 7060.
- Improved clarity of the message returned when there is not enough file memory on the local device.
- Fixed a rendering issue for buttons using Gradient Colors. Good for you who’s using gradients! They look awesome….
- Corrected an issue impacting the Memory Game sample experience. Oh, almost forgot, big thanks to Bobby K for reporting the bug!
- The “Total output size” property of the Share via E-mail – Hosted interface asset now returns the correct value.
- Android: The Webcam Asset works again on Android devices. Sheesh, sorry about that.
- ChromeOS: ChromeOS in Kiosk mode will no longer enter standby mode when the devices are being Administrated via Chrome Management Console.
iPad and Android:
- Fixed an issue preventing download of an updated experience
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Fixed an issue preventing playback on iPad devices of an experience shared using a public url .
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Bindings on an Asset name will now return the name, not the Asset’s file-path. That was an oddly specific mistake on our part.
- Fixed a bug preventing the loading of a Document Asset after using "Set content" actions with Excel as a data source.
- Fixed several issues preventing the correct functionality of our Drawing Tools.
- Fixed an issue causing the Slideshow Collection to disappear when the "Go to index" action was used.
- Use of parentheses in an Excel filename no longer prevents an experience from being loaded. NOTE: Try to stick with alphanumeric characters in file naming. Anyway, you're not as creative as you think.
- Corrected an issue preventing proper filtering of an Excel worksheet.
- Introduced new popup for Android 5.0 and above. The popup requires access to take snapshots of the screen. These snapshots are being used to monitor the device in the share and deploy console.
Preventing Intuiface Player from taking snapshots will prevent the Share and Deploy console from showing what is displayed on the device.
- Android Player is no longer blocked by a black screen when used for the very first time following installation. We called this the peek-a-boo feature but it proved unpopular.
- Fixed a bug preventing the correct functionality of an experience after leaving it for the Experiences panel. We told it not to take things so personal.
- Fixed a bug that prevented playback of a locally stored experience while being offline after updating the Player.
- Minor bug fixes
- Performance of the Experiences Panel has been dramatically improved
- The position identified by the “Drag away from" trigger has been dragged back to the correct value.
- Player got loopy after changing scenes hundreds of times in a single run if that scene navigation was triggered by an interface asset. Scene changes would occur with increasing frequency even if not called. It's more of a niche issue than it may sound but still, it's a no-no so we fixed it.
- Manually adding an Intuiface experience to an Android device had stopped working. We decided not to fix it….. Kidding! It’s fixed.
- The URL returned by TinyURL for the URL Shortener value converter generated the wrong URL. Considering that URL generation is the only reason this interface asset existed, this was a sad state of affairs. It's back to being accurate again.
- Bindings are now correctly managed for the Slideshow collection's "Display duration", Asset name and Experience name;
- 3D Model Asset controls are no longer displayed when the asset is nested in a group and hidden;
- Resources with encoded URLs are now correctly resolved;
- Sharing button is now displayed for static assets;
- HTML Frame Asset's inactivity timer is no longer raised if the asset is manipulated
Chrome OS :
- Fixed an issue preventing public url experiences from automatically launching;
- Fixed an issue in which a public url experience removed the license on ChromeOS devices.
- Various minor corrections
- iPad: Drag-and-drop works again on iOS 11 (a thumbnail is no longer created by the OS)
- We've changed the company name from IntuiLab to Intuiface. Yes, the whole company's name has changed. Our guess is some of you thought our name already was Intuiface with so there won't be much of an adjustment period. However, you may get a kick out of our new logo. What's the logo's most distinguishing characteristic? It says Intuiface!
- Minor fixes
- Corrected issue preventing Player from consistently communicating with the Share and Deploy Console
- A video can now be used for the background of a scene or the experience as a whole (using the "Background" property)
- Enhanced rendering of PDF documents accessed through an interface asset
- Improved error messages when an incorrect time zone is detected
- Cover of a Document Asset can now be hidden
- Document Assets set with a "Book" style now have a correct size after being detached from a collection.
Chrome OS :
- Fixed an issue preventing the loading of an experience that references an Excel spreadsheet containing specific Excel formulas.
- Dates loaded through th eExcel Interface Asset are now correctly displayed.
- Detached documents (Ex: tap to open) from within a DataFeed Collection are now correctly rendered
- Collection detached items no longer disappear from the scene when re-manipulating a scroll-able collection
- Fixed a bug preventing functionality of Call URL actions with parameters bound to Global Variables using Binding Converters
- Improved "Scroll direction" constraints management of Scroll Collection
- Other minor bug fixes
- Added support for Web Triggers API.
- Improved 3D Model support
- Enhanced REST Web API support
- Improved memory management of Excel Interface Assets
- Added "Delete all rows" function for Excel Interface Assets
- Expence Started" and "Experience Stopped" data points are now optional and thus can be disabled when using the data tracking feature. It's only two data points so this isn't a big deal in the scheme of things but a couple of you asked for this and, well, why not?
- Added support for touch point coordinates relative to all types of interaction.
- Several Bug fixes and improvements.
Chrome OS and Tizen: Fixed an issue preventing the update of an already downloaded experience.
- Fixed excel-update deployment problem. Excel files are now updated after performing a remote deployment of an experience on a Kiosk device.
- Other minor bug fixes
- Fixed Excel issue that appeared following the release of Microsoft Excel 16.10, Build 1802. This issue had prevented the display of content
- Android: Login on forced vertical (portrait-oriented) screens is now possible
- Other minor bug fixes
- If the device is offline, Share via E-mail Hosted will now cache emails and send them as soon as the device comes back online.
- User activity is now managed in the Web Browser. For example, the ":Link is clicked" trigger is now taken into consideration.
- iPAD: Corrected related issues impacting the Text Input Asset. The cursor will no longer automatically jump from one Text Input Asset to another.
- Samsung Tizen Fixed an issue preventing login on certain displays
- Renaming a device in the Share and Deploy console will also change the name of that device in Player itself. This name is visible by clicking the "About" button in Player's Experiences panel
- Visual effects - blur, sepia, grayscale, hue rotation, brightness - can now be applied to shapes
- A variety of minor bug corrections
- Enhanced 3D model support;
- New HTML Asset - Display CSS-enabled HTML content directly within Intuiface Player;
- Added Player Settings option in the Experiences Panel - Disable shake-to-quit behavior;
- Various bug fix.
- The Marketplace tab is no longer displayed in licensed Players.
- Font rendering is much improved and consistent across all supported operating systems.
- The memory footprint of large images is now reduced, improving experience stability without decreasing image quality.
- Samsung SSP The Player for Kiosks license on the Samsung SSP is now retained when Player is restarted (e.g. after device reboot or Player update). Now, when a licensed Player is restarted, the login panel no longer appears.
- iPad Eliminated cases in which Player freezes when loading an experience containing multiple interface assets.
- Webcam asset is functional again (Android only)
- Buttons and links are now functional in the Web Browser asset
- Fixed various excel formula and filtering related issues
- Video/YouTube-Video with “autoplay” behavior enabled will no longer play when hidden or if the containing collection is hidden;
- Fixed an issue preventing the manipulation of a Scroll Collection after a hide/show action;
- Fixed an issue that prevented Drag and Drop triggers from firing correctly after a scene to scene navigation.
- When a file is missing, Player will display the path used to located it
- Support download of content from FTP-based storage that does not support MLST
- Android: requires now at least Android 4.4
- iPad: Launching Player when iPad is oriented in portrait mode now works
- ChromeOS: Corrected experience loading issues when the experience uses Excel formulas and date data
- Tizen: Downloading experiences containing media files bigger than approximately 50MB now works.
- Player can now access to the camera (from within a HTML greybox)
- Better tiering definition for Kiosks/Tablets licenses
- Minor bug fixes
- Added support for Android 7
- Minor bug fixes
- Tizen Player correctly displays the Login screen on Portrait oriented displays
- Alternate Player for Kiosk/Tizen is now available for tizen display without touch layer. This Player enables the mouse on such display.
- Supports the introduction of experience layers and experience triggers
- Fixes a variety of minor issue