Configure any action – turn page, play video, maximize image, etc. - to be triggered when a predefined key or keyboard shortcut is detected. Combined with text-to-speech and a Braille keyboard, touch experiences become accessible for the physically and visually impaired.
This feature even makes it possible to use a clicker to remotely navigate through your experience as most clickers simply simulate keyboard presses (left/right arrow keys).
Open the experience properties by right-clicking the experience in the Scene Structure panel - always the topmost node - and selecting Show properties. If the Properties panel is already open, it is sufficient to left-click the experience in the Scene Structure panel.
Then activate/deactivate the Navigate using arrow keys property.
- the right and down arrow keys on your physical keyboard will call the Next action.
- the left and up arrow keys on your physical keyboard will call the Previous action.
If any of these key presses (e.g. left arrow key pressed) is redefined in scene (see below), the associated navigation action will be overridden thus not called.
The following triggers are associated with specific keys on the keyboard and can be associated with actions at either the experience or scene level.
- Backspace key pressed
- Down arrow key pressed
- End key pressed
- Enter key pressed
- Home key pressed
- Left arrow key pressed
- Page down key pressed
- Page up key pressed
- Right arrow key pressed
- Spacebar pressed
- Up arrow key pressed
The Keyboard key(s) pressed trigger enables Intuiface to detect any key or keyboard shortcut. When selecting this trigger, press the key or combination of keys before selecting the action(s) you will call.
A keyboard shortcut is two or more keys pressed at the same time. One of those keys is either Shift, Ctrl, or Alt.
To avoid exiting the experience when pressing the ESC key, you can use the ESC key in the sequence to trigger an action without effect (such as changing a property of a non visible asset).
- Use arrow keys for scene-to-scene navigation.
- From all scenes in the experience, press the Spacebar to navigate to a configuration / home scene
- In the configuration scene, use the left / right arrow keys to rotate a carousel and use the up / down arrow keys to make a choice among a list of options