This article explains how to install and run Intuiface Player on a BrightSign device. Once Player is running, the user experience is similar to Player on all other supported platforms. If you are already familiar with how to use Player on those platforms then you can go from a published Intuiface experience to running it on BrightSign in seconds. If you are new to Intuiface, hang in there - it's easy!
Intuiface Player on BrightSign supports the following devices:
Installing Intuiface Player on a BrightSign device
Installation using BSN.cloud Control Cloud
NOTE: Use of Intuiface on BrightSign Control Cloud requires BrightSign OS Version 8.0.146 or later. You can update player firmware via BSN.Cloud or use the URL below to access the latest firmware:
Installation of Intuiface Player using Control Cloud assumes:
- You have a BSN.cloud Control Cloud (or greater) account
- To create a Control Cloud account, visit https://control.bsn.cloud, click the "New User" button, and complete the form.
- When creating a Control Cloud account, you will be asked to specify a "network". Each network is a logical grouping of one or more BrightSign players. All of your BrightSign devices running Intuiface Player could be in the same network, or you could choose to separate them across multiple networks - that's up to you.
- You are logged into your BSN.cloud account
- Use the Control Cloud website or - if you installed it during previous BrightSign use - the BrightAuthor:connected application
- You have installed the appropriate version of the BrightSign OS (aka the firmware) on all your BrightSign devices.
- You have an Intuiface account (required for licensing and launching Intuiface Player);
For brand new, never used BrightSign players, we recommend that you do not boot them until after following the process described in the next section. This will simplify the Intuiface Player setup process. The firmware update process identified above does not result in a device boot so it can be done at any time.
The following assumes you have logged into your BSN.Cloud account using the Control Cloud website or - if you installed it during previous BrightSign use - the BrightAuthor:connected application. The following screenshots are from the Control Cloud website.
- Select the Admin tab, then select Device Setup
- Create the following setup package:
- Specify a Package Name. You can type whatever you want. In the screenshot below we use "IntuifacePlayer" as the package name.
- Leave the Device Name and Device Description fields blank
- In the "Device Type" section, select "Partner Application" and then "Intuiface" in the dropdown list
- Click on Add Setup File to Library
- Register each of your BrightSign devices with your BSN.cloud account
- Go to Admin > Device Provisioning > Add Device
- Enter the serial number of your device (mandatory) and other information (optional).
- Click on Add Device
- Once the device is added, you have to apply the setup package that was created in Step 2 above.
- Select one or more BrightSign players in the list you've created and click on the Apply Setup button located above and to the right of that list.
- In the "Apply Setup" pop-up window, choose the package you created in Step 2 above from the "Setup" drop-down list (in this example: "IntuifacePlayer")
- Click the Apply Setup button
- For brand new, never booted BrightSign players.
Insert a blank SD card into each BrightSign unit. The device will now start downloading and installing Intuiface Player. Once installed, log into Player. Skip Steps 6 and 7 below.
For previously used (and thus provisioned) BrightSign players
You need to use the Reprovision Device option. This process will wipe out all previously installed content on the BrightSIgn player's SD card. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 below for each of your BrightSplayers individually
- Go to the Network tab then click the gear button for one of your BrightSign devices.
- Select the Control tab then press the Update button in the Reprovision Device section.
NOTE: This action will irreversibly delete all content from your device's storage and then start the installation of Intuiface Player. The device will reboot several times during the installation phase. Please do not disconnect or reboot your device before setup has fully completed.
Manual Installation using the BrightSign SD card
This installation approach assumes you have direct, physical access to the BrightSign device.
- On a Windows PC, visit https://brightsign.intuiface.com to download the file autorun.zip.
- Unzip this file. The output is one folder and two files
- Copy the folder an two files to the root of the BrightSign SD card.
- Slide the SD card into BrightSign device and then boot the device. Intuiface Player will run.
NOTE: Although manual installation does not require an internet connection, Player license activation - see the next section - does require a live connection.
Player activation (aka assigning a license)
Assigning a license
Player activation is the process used to associate Player with an Intuiface account and - if available - a paid license. The activation mechanism has been designed to account for very large-scale and highly variable deployments.
Choose any of the multiple Player activation options available for use.
- When a license expires, it is released automatically. Player will then attempt to request a new license the next time it is run.
- If no active Platform plan/license is available, Player will run not run.
License checkout order
If permitting Intuiface to automatically assign a license, such as when logging into Player, the oldest available license (based on the original purchase date) with the longest subscription duration will be selected.