- For those using the legacy Player, experiences fail to download successfully on BrightSign devices running OS Version 8.5. We recommend you do not upgrade to Version 8.5, or - if you've already upgraded - downgrade to OS Version 8.4.14. This limitation does not apply when using Player Next Gen which requires minimum OS Version 8.5.
- To ensure you haven't accidentally incorporated unsupported features, make sure Play Mode in Composer is set as follows:
- For Player Next Gen: Set "Play Mode" to "Simulate Player Next Gen". To make this selection in Composer, click the Project menu and choose the appropriate option.
- For Legacy Player: Set "Play Mode" to "Simulate Player on other platforms (iPad/Android/...)". To make this selection in Composer, click the Project menu and choose the appropriate option.
Depending on the model you choose, the capacity of BrightSign devices to 1) manage a large number of graphics in a single Intuiface scene and 2) keep in memory large graphic media files and animation may be equivalent to that of a modestly powered Windows PC. As a result, depending on the complexity and size of an Intuiface experience that performs well on a nicely provisioned Windows PC, that same experience might act sluggishly on your chosen BrightSign model.
We highly recommend the following:
- Minimize the file size of graphic media. For example, a 4k Ultra HD video on a BrightSign device will consume an enormous amount of system RAM, risking performance issues.
- Endorse modularity. Choose a small number of images on multiple scenes rather than a large number of images on a small number of scenes.
- Test on the target device often. Even though Composer's Play Mode includes an option for simulating a BrightSign device, it does not reproduce the expected performance. You must run your experience on the target device to assess its true performance quality.
- Review the rest of this page to be sure you are acquainted with all limitations. This list will shorten over time, but at the moment, not every design option is available for use.
- Optimize Used Images. On BrightSign, there is no automatic image optimization; this means the size of used images will have their actual size even when displaying them within small containers.
Certain Intuiface capabilities available in Player on Windows will never be available in Player on BrightSign because the underlying technology is not supported by the BrightSign OS:
- Intuiface Headless CMS: Support for H-CMS on BrightSign will be introduced with Player Next Gen.
- (Microsoft) Deep Zoom asset
- Websites that require a same-origin policy.
The Web Browser Asset can only display websites that permit cross-origin resource sharing - i.e. that don't require a same-origin policy. If you attempt to load a website requiring a same-origin policy, the Web Browser asset will display an error message stating the connection was "refused" due to "X-Frame-Options". Most public websites (such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, ...) require the same-origin policy and cannot be displayed in Player on BrightSign. Sites like these may be accessed using embeddable code placed within the HTML Frame Asset instead.
- Launch Application and Call URL actions
The following capabilities are not yet part of Intuiface Player on BrightSign but may be added in future releases:
- Intuiface Player can only operate on SD Memory Cards. Player will not operate if you are trying to install it on any other type of storage device when using BrightSign units.
- Retaining deployed experiences after updating Intuiface Player software using BrightSign ControlCloud.
Provisioning via ControlCloud acts like a factory reset, erasing all previously downloaded experiences. Redeployment must occur after every Player provisioning event via ControlCloud.
As an alternative, use Intuiface's remote Player update capability, which does not erase downloaded experiences.
- Automatic screen orientation. For Portrait content, specific autorun.brs needs to be used in order to configure the device's display orientation. You will have to replace the existing autorun.brs on the device, then restart it for the changes to take effect, find the available configurations below:
- Nexmosphere Interface Asset : Auto-connect and the Connected/Disconnected status.
- Nexmosphere controllers must be connected to a BrightSign device before launching Player. Re-connection is not possible if the USB cable to the Nexmosphere controller is unplugged and then plugged back in.
- Share via Email - Configurable (i.e. using your own SMTP server)
- Share via filesystem
- Share via USB
- Helix collection
- Timeline collection
- Circular panel
- On-Screen Gestures
- Only supports Swipe Up/Down, Swipe Left/Right.
- Scratch Card
- Take snapshot action
- Video Speed property cannot be changed when running on BrightSign devices.
- Offline mode when running in-venue Player
- In venue Player running on BrightSign will not auto-connect to internet if the device is started on a network that does not have an internet connection.
- Share and Deploy Console
- Snapshot (live tracking of Player using the Share and Deploy Console)