NOTE: All Player and device management capabilities are exclusively to Enterprise-level Intuiface accounts. Essential and Premier-level accounts do not have access to the capabilities listed below.
After logging into My Intuiface, the Share and Deploy console provides visibility to every instance of an activated Intuiface Player licensed for the specified Intuiface account. The resulting list of devices - located in the "Manage My Players" view - includes Player on all supported platforms.
Device names (or nicknames - see below) are used to reference each instance of Player. If Player is running, the thumbnail image for a given device is a screen-grab that is updated every 30 seconds.
NOTE" The thumbnail image will only refresh for Player running on Windows, Android, iOS, ChromeOS, and BrightSign devices. It will not be automatically refreshed for Player running on Samsung SSP or LG webOS devices. On Samsung SSP and LG webOS devices, the thumbnail image will be a snapshot of the experience generated by Composer during the experience publishing process; it will not be refreshed unless the experience is assigned a new snapshot image by Composer.
Whether or not a device can be seen by the Share and Deploy console depends on the following factors:
- The device must have a live Internet connection, one that permits communication with the URL my.intuiface.com
- For Windows PCs, port 8000 must be open. To open it, run the Intuiface Configuration Tool as directed, making sure the Remote Actions option is selected.
- Player must be running on all platforms other than Windows.
- On Windows, there is a small Player process that runs in the background even when the Player runtime itself is inactive.
- In the "Manage My Players" view, select the device you wish to assign a nickname.
- Click on the edit button to enter editing mode in order to change the name of the device
- You can now enter a custom device name, cancel the rename, or revert the name of the device to its original name.
IMPORTANT NOTE: For this device nickname to be used when logging events with the Intuiface Analytics feature, you must use Player Version 6.1.2 or later.
Limitation for Player on all platforms but Windows: Device nicknames are lost when uninstalling and re-installing Player.
Using the Delist button on any offline device will remove the device from the offline list. This option makes it easy to dismiss devices no longer used. If a previously delisted device comes back online and has an Intuiface Player running on it, it will again appear in your devices list.
The list of monitored devices can be sorted using a variety of criteria, all located along the right-hand side of the Players view in the Share and Deploy console.
Sorting criteria include
- Platform choose any one or more operating systems
- Status specify whether you mean online devices, offline devices or both
- Sort by additional criteria that complement your Platform and Status selections above. Choose any one of the following:
- Device name alphabetizes by device name from A through Z
- Is online places online devices at the top of the list
- Last activity date places devices with the most recent activity date at the top
- Deployment in progress places devices in the process of experience deployment at the top of the list
- Running experience alphabetizes by running experience name from A through Z
Each device monitored by the Share and Deploy console can be assigned one or more tags. Use of these tags permits device filtering. For example, apply the tag "boston" to all Player-based kiosks running in the Boston area. In addition, Player tags will appear in every data point logged by the Data Tracking Interface Asset for Intuiface Analytics.
- In the "Manage My Players" view, select all the devices you wish to tag. To select more than one Player, filter by name/tab/platform/status, select the triangle in the lower-left corner of each Player you'll be targeting then click the "All selected devices" button.
- Type one or more tags, separated by commas, in the tags section.
- Enter one or more tags in the box labeled [Search by tags]
- The list of devices is filtered dynamically. The left-hand device represents all filtered devices.
Intuiface Player can be controlled in a variety of ways using the Share and Deploy Console. These capabilities are accessible in the information panel that appears whenever you select one or more devices in the "Manage My Players" view. To select more than one Player, filter by name/tag/platform/status, select the triangle in the lower-left corner of each Player you'll be targeting then click the "All selected devices" button.
Deploy newer versions of Player for Windows or BrightSign using the Share and Deploy console. Never visit a kiosk in the field again!
Force Player to restart. If Player was in Play Mode, it will return to Play Mode with the last run experience.
On any PC running Player, you can force a Windows reboot. And if you have configured Player to auto-restart - as described here - then after a reboot and Windows account login, Player will automatically restart.
For Windows PCs, you can configure Player so that if the PC is rebooted - either intentionally or by accident due to a crash - Player will automatically start itself (after Windows account login).
When starting Player - either manually or automatically - you can decide whether it should run the last opened experience or just display the Experiences panel. Select the checkbox for the option you prefer.
Touch and hold the highlighted area of the Splash-screen after launching Player to bypass the automatic launch of the last played experience. The Experiences panel will be displayed instead.
Experience Exit Preferences (all platforms other than Windows)
Player on all platforms but Windows can be assigned one of two behaviors when an experience is exited. Choose either from exiting Player entirely or returning to the Experiences Panel. Experience exits can occur when the "Exit" action is triggered or - for Android tablets and the iPad - shaking the device.
Event logs recording all actions performed by Player can help Intuiface Support troubleshoot issues should something with Player go wrong. These logs are accessible via the Event Logs tab. These logs can be filtered based on date range and event type, then downloaded to an Excel file for sharing with Support.
- Dates and times are specified using either UTC or local Player time.
- Logs are stored by Intuiface for one year, meaning they will be deleted 366 days after their capture.
Expired Player licenses can be renewed by selecting the "Resume subscription" option located next to the license key in the Player Details panel. This feature enables you to target the specific device(s) on which you'd like to reactivate a license. A subscription can be renewed even if the device is offline.
- Email-based Player status notification is available with Player on Windows, Chrome OS, Samsung Tizen, LG webOS, and BrightSign.
- Player on Android and the iPad do not support this feature.
Emails can be automatically sent to a specified email address when a Player goes offline or returns online. This email includes the timestamp in UTC, the version of Player, and - if going offline - the name of the experience that was running at the time (if any).
To toggle this feature - and to specify the email addresses that should be contacted - use the Player Status Notification section of the Preferences tab in the Player detail view. You can set this on a per-Player basis or for a group of Players.
You can have more than one email address on the same line. Separate these email addresses with a semicolon.