The Intuiface Configuration Tool ensures each device hosting Intuiface Player for Windows or Intuiface Composer is able to receive remote actions sent from other experiences, third party applications and IntuiPad, our remote control. Running this tool is also a prerequisite for use of Preview Mode for Player for iPad and Player for Android.
NOTE: If Intuiface Composer or Player are installed under an Admin account then there is no need to run the Configuration Tool as the installer performs all steps automatically. If Composer or Player were not installed under an Admin account then the Configuration Tool must be granted administrator rights and then run.
The Configuration Tool has three functions:
To install the Bonjour service to enable the network discovery of Player. It is quite common for software to install and use the Bonjour service. In addition, the Composer installer will attempt to install the Bonjour service itself. However, Composer can only install Bonjour if the Composer installer was run under an Administrator account. If Bonjour is not already installed, click the checkbox. (As noted below in the Notes, you must be logged in as an Administrator for this Configuration Tool to work successfully.)
To specify and open the port to be used for receiving remote actions. When you activate the specified port using this tool, that port is opened in your local machine's firewall. Be aware this may not work if you are using a firewall other than the Microsoft Windows Firewall. In this case, ask your IT team for help in opening a TCP port. NB: Unless you have a good reason, we recommend you use the default port, 8000.
To specify and open the port to be used by IntuiPad. When you activate port 3333 using this tool, that port is opened in your local machine's firewall. Be aware this may not work if you are using a firewall other than the Microsoft Windows Firewall. In this case, ask your IT team for help in opening UDP port 3333. NB: Unlike with the TCP port above, the UDP port can not be changed. It must be port 3333.
- You must be logged into your PC with Administrator rights in order for the Configuration Tool to work successfully. If you do not have Administrator rights, request the assistance of your IT team and point them to this article.
- If Composer or Player are not installed with Administrator rights, the Configuration Tool must be run each time either product is reinstalled or updated.
- If running, Composer and Player must be restarted after you run the Configuration Tool.
To find the Configuration Tool
- on PCs with Composer installed: Windows 7 Start menu / Windows 8 Start screen -> All Programs -> IntuiLab -> Intuiface Composer -> Intuiface Configuration Tool
- on PCs with Player installed: Windows 7 Start menu / Windows 8 Start screen -> All Programs -> IntuiLab -> Intuiface Player -> Intuiface Configuration Tool
The Configuration Tool looks like the following:
An Intuiface experience can receive remote actions or be controlled using IntuiPad even if it is only Internet-accessible. To make this possible, you must open the same IP ports mentioned above (8000 for TCP, 3333 for UDP) in the firewall protecting the LAN itself. Please ask your IT team for assistance.
If the Configuration Tool has been run with Admin privileges and you are still having issues with IntuiPad or sending/receiving remote actions, see this article for some troubleshooting advice.