With account-to-account license loaning, Intuiface users can loan their account's Composer and/or Player licenses to other Primary or Secondary accounts. (See our article about Primary and Secondary accounts, for more info.)
License loaning is particularly useful when managing multiple projects or client Intuiface accounts.
- Easily distribute licenses when managing multiple projects and clients at the same time.
- Equip Secondary Accounts with licenses, enabling remote deployment to account-specific devices.
NOTE: To loan a license, the originating account must be at the Platform Premier or Platform Enterprise level.
How it works
For any Premier or Enterprise-level Intuiface account, the License Key column of the License Dashboard contains - for every Composer and Player license - a Loan license option.
Selection of this link will open a dialog box in which you specify the email address of the Intuiface account to which the loan will be made.
Make the appropriate selection, click the Loan button, then confirm your selection.
Once the license is loaned, the License Key column of the License Dashboard will identify the account to which the license has been loaned. The "Status" column will contain the word Loaned and indicates the license key used by that license in its loaned state.
NOTE: For security reasons, loaned licenses will have a different license key (a string of letters and numbers) in the receiving account.
Retrieving loaned licenses
Loaned licenses can be retrieved. To do so, click the Bring license back option in the License Key column of the License Dashboard.
Confirm your selection and the license will be retrieved when it is next available. The loaned license becomes available for retrieval when the user either closes Composer/Player or logs out.
Conditions and restrictions
- Both the originating and receiving Primary or Secondary account must be at the Platform Premier, Platform Enterprise, or Platform Month-to-Month level.
- Any Premier or Enterprise account (including their Secondary accounts) can loan its annual licenses to any other Premier or Enterprise account (including their Secondary accounts).
- Any Enterprise annual or month-to-month (including their Secondary accounts) account can loan its month-to-month licenses to any other Enterprise annual or month-to-month account (including their Secondary accounts).
- A loaned license cannot be loaned.
- Perpetual licenses cannot be loaned.
- Licenses already in use - i.e. if their "Status" is In use or Retained - cannot be loaned. Only licenses with the "Status" of Available can be loaned.
- There is no limit to the number of times a license can be loaned and retrieved.
- Loaned licenses are automatically retrieved when the receiving account's Platform subscription expires.
Responsibility for the renewal of loaned licenses belongs to the original purchaser. The receiving Intuiface account never has payment responsibility for loaned licenses.
Article is closed for comments.