The Text Concatenation interface asset makes it easy to concatenate multiple text strings. Uses include:
- Dynamically building a command for the Nexmosphere interface asset, such as the light commands used in this Marketplace sample which can have a lot of variable inputs.
- Creating a long URL composed of multiple dynamic parts, such as a Player ID retrieved from the Web Triggers or System Information Interface Assets. This approach is used in our multi-mode interaction sample, in conjunction with the URL Shortener Converter to generate a short version for encoding as a QR Code.
This interface asset supports up to 12 inputs that can be either set manually or via binding. If you need to insert a blank space between two dynamic text strings, set the input parameter between the two strings to a space. For example, note "Input D" in the screenshot below. The value of "Input D" is a space, it is not blank.
Properties, Triggers & Actions
- Input A
- Input B
- Input C
- Input D
- Input E
- Input F
- Input G
- Input H
- Input I
- Input J
- Input K
- Input L
The property below is a read-only property, thus only accessible through binding
- Output: the result of the concatenation.
- Output changed: raised when the Output property has changed.
- Set Input: sets value for a specific Input
In addition to setting all Input properties individually, you can call one action to set all the properties at once, or reset them all to an empty value.
- Set all inputs