Although both Composer (the editor) and Player (the runtime) can be used for free, without a license, there are limitations. To remove these limitations, licenses must be purchased and the software must be activated. To "activate" Composer or Player is to associate them with a paid license.
Licenses are device-specific, meaning they can be used on only one device at a time. However, they can be transferred from one device to another as often as you wish.
All licenses, whether activated or not, can be tracked and managed on a personalized License Dashboard.
Licenses can also be transferred. To "transfer" a license can either mean
- moving a license from one device to another device
- moving a license from one Intuiface account to another account
Intuiface Composer licenses are differentiated by duration and feature set. The feature set is determined by the plan. The duration options available for each plan are as follows:
- month-to-month: Composer Enterprise
- annual: Composer Essential, Premier, Enterprise
- perpetual: (no longer sold) Composer Enterprise
Composer Free never expires but does have limitations.
Composer activation and license transfer
- Activate a Composer license
- Manage Composer licenses
- Transfer Composer licenses from one device to another
- Transfer Composer licenses from one Intuiface account to another
Intuiface Player licenses are differentiated by duration and by their support for interactivity. The two options are:
- Player: This instance of Player supports 100% of Intuiface's capabilities
- Non-Interactive Player: This instance of Player excludes all means of human-machine and machine-machine interaction outside of connections to cloud-hosted data sources. Use of this Player is intended for running traditional, broadcast-like digital signage.
Licenses can be activated on any Player-supported platform and can be transferred from one device to another an unlimited number of times.
Free Players are available for all platforms. The limitations of these free Players are listed here.
Note: There is no direct upgrade path from a monthly Player subscription to an annual subscription. Cancel renewal of your monthly subscription and then, on its renewal date, purchase an annual license.
Player activation and license transfer
- Activate a Player license
- Manage Player licenses
- Transfer a Player license from one device to another
- Transfer Player licenses from one Intuiface account to another
For legacy Player license holders only
NOTE: If you purchased Player licenses before 15-May-2019, Intuiface Player licenses were also differentiated by platform as noted below.
- Consumer Android tablet: any Android-driven tablet 1) manufactured by Samsung, Sony, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Huawei, HTC, OnePlus or Motorola with 2) a screen diagonal no larger than 13.5 inches (34.3cm).
- Custom Android device: Any Android device that doesn't satisfy the above definition for Consumer Android tablet.
- White Label: Ability to remove or replace the Intuiface-branded splash screen visible when Player starts. Player for Windows only.
For license activation to occur, your network must permit Intuiface to access the URL https://license.intuiface.com over Port 443.
For details about when and how often Internet access is required by Intuiface licensing, see this article.