Releases notes of version 5.n and higher are available at Intuiface Composer and Player for Windows 5.x
- Upgrading Player using Management Console will no longer break the Player agent. If you are running Player Version 4.8.1 through 4.8.6, you should upgrade directly to this Version 4.8.7 release.
- Snapshots created using the “Take snapshot” action in time intervals smaller than 1 second are no longer lost.
- All experiences created using Composer Version 4.7.7 or earlier can be downloaded into Composer for editing without, in some rare conditions, causing a crash.
- Intuiface’s Sample experiences can be downloaded into Composer for editing without failing with the error message “Error while decompressing project file”.
- Weather interface asset now works with the iPad, Android and Samsung SSP Players.
- Increased timeout duration from 1 minute to 3 minutes for both Hosted and Configurable Email interface assets.
- A valid mail server certificate is no longer required for use of the Configurable email interface asset.
- Enhanced Design Accelerators for Share via USB, Share via email (both hosted and configurable) and Share via filesystem interface assets
- Player no longer displays a warning when the Windows PC display resolution is set to something other than 100%.
- Estimated download time for experiences in Amazon S3 cloud storage is now accurate (was over-optimistic)
- Corrected crash condition
- Update to the "default" Video asset style (based on VLC) improves both overall performance and WMV playback in particular
- New design accelerators for the Weather interface asset introduce a variety of modern, eye-catching designs
- Maximizing an already maximized asset no longer causes unexpected results
- Document assets maximized via actions no longer exhibit a slight transparency
- 10 minor bugs and usability issues corrected
- 9 crash conditions eliminated
- New search bar at top of Composer enables a search of the Intuiface online documentation, the Knowledge Base. A tab will be opened in your PC’s default Web browser.
- Corrects memory leak linked to repeated toggling between Edit Mode and Play Mode in Composer
- Corrects additional memory leak found in Player
- Configurable email option for Composer Enterprise customers now correctly permits HTML-formatted emails
- A few minor bugs and usability issues are addressed
- 7 crash conditions corrected. Of note: a crash when using the Triggers & Actions panel to specify zoom level or location in the Map collection
- Greatly increased speed and stability for experience publishing to and download from Dropbox and Amazon S3. Up to three times faster for non European users.
- Significant Composer performance improvement when spaces contain a large number of Group collections. Includes space-to-space transition time.
- In Composer's Edit Mode, assets can now be resized even if they are located beneath other assets.
- Improved error management when invalid Cron expressions are used in the Scheduler interface asset.
- Weather interface asset now supports Version 2 of the World Weather Online API. Includes support for custom API keys and multiple language options. NOTE: API keys generated for the earlier version of the Weather interface asset are no longer valid and need to be regenerated.
- Corrected display of new items added to the Asset Grid collection while in Edit Mode.
- Excel file management has been improved when switching between Composer's Edit and Play Modes.
- Assorted minor fixes
- 7 crash conditions have been fixed
- New watermark for Free Edition users
- Multiple installer enhancements, particularly for users who do not have Admin privileges.
- Update released 24-Mar-2015: Corrected error preventing Composer Free and Pro Edition users from working with interface assets.
- Composer now properly embeds OTF fonts in an experience. Player Version 4.8.2 is required to ensure the fonts are properly rendered.
- Right-click menu in the Triggers and Actions panel no longer lingers if unused.
- Multiple sort and update actions via the Excel interface asset no longer potentially leads to corruption of the spreadsheet.
- "Set viewport" action for the 3D Model asset works again.
- "Set font" action for the Rich Text asset works again.
- Additional seven minor issues corrected.
- More than 12 crash conditions eliminated.
- Instagram interface asset
- Improved performance of the FTP connector
- New sample experiences: "Science Quiz" and "4.8 Features Highlights"
- Corrected display of an image referenced via URL
- Corrected errors related to use of accented characters and single quotes in text recorded by the Analytics feature. Records containing this formatting were not saved and remaining records were duplicated several times
- "Share as Play Only" works again if name or description of that experience contains non-latin characters
- Eliminated five crash conditions, including when adding a Group to the end of a preexisting collection and when dragging items in or out of an interface asset's data template
- Several minor fixes
- Player for Samsung SMART Signage Platform
- HTML5-based Player identical in capability to Player for iPad and Player for Android
- First solution on the market bringing multi-touch content to the Samsung SSP
- More about the Samsung SSP can be found here
- Customizable project styles
- Personalize the look of buttons associated with every asset and collection in Intuiface
- Choose from three built-in styles or create your own
- Replace every button icon with your own
- Styles are set at the experience level but can be overridden for any specific asset or collection
- Value Converters
- Enhances the Intuiface binding capability by transforming input values
- Users can also create highly complex converters outside of Intuiface and import them for use in a project
- Enhanced 3D model support
- Intuiface now uses the Open Asset Import Library - aka Assimp - to increase the number and quality of 3D imports
- 40+ formats can now be imported
- Model-based lights and cameras can be used
- Assimp limitations affect Intuiface as well. Be sure to let us know if you have import issues.
- New and improved interface assets (IAs)
- Completely revised Twitter IA can display both text and image tweets
- New Instagram IA returns filterable search results
- New Orientation IA can be used to make tablet-based experiences sensitive to device orientation
- Additional IA protocols are now supported: REST/XML, file/XML, file/JSON
- Additional features and quality improvements to Player for iPad and Android
- Player for Windows features now on iPad and Android
- Excel formulas
- 3D models
- Additional book-style document properties and actions
- Large collection of bug fixes and performance enhancements
- Player for Windows features now on iPad and Android
- Usability enhancements
- Triggers and Actions
- Reorder actions in the Triggers and Actions panel using right-click menu
- Default values are retained when changing actions
- links to online documentation are now in Composer
- "Move direction" property can limit asset and collection movement to a single axis
- When adding an Excel Interface Asset onto a scene, spreadsheet cells using URLs or local file paths for graphic media will be loaded as those asset types and not just as text
- Intuiface Composer and Player for Windows now support Version 4.5 of the .NET Framework, enabling use of that framework in .NET-based interface assets
- Due to a touch screen bug in Version 4.5.2 of the .NET Framework, we recommend using Version 4.5.1 until Version 4.5.3 becomes available
- "Has been active" trigger reacts to on-screen touches within a specified time period
- Triggers and Actions
- Multiple bug fixes including 9 crash conditions
- Web Browser : Fixed a crash occurring after trying to access some links inside web pages.
- Eliminated seemingly random crash when using Player and Composer.
- Corrected multiple crash conditions related to use of the Web Browser and Flash Animation assets
- Removal of filters from Excel Interface Asset works again
- 9 crash conditions, including
- 3 specific to video playback
- 1 for in-product Composer/Player updates (e.g. when using "Check for updates" in Composer's Help menu)
- Set both Comparison Interface Asset values in the same action
- Kinect hand pointing works again – and no longer exhibits slow performance - in all cases.
- Loading a large number of videos in a single space no longer takes a long time complete.
- Updating an empty cell using the Excel interface asset now works.
- Multiple smaller bugs and usability issues are corrected
- 2 crash conditions are eliminated
- FTP-S (i.e. secure FTP over SSL) is now supported for storing published experiences
- Experience deployment via Management Console was failing under various conditions. Corrected.
- Composer’s Preview Mode no longer loses multi-touch capability during the second preview.
- A few minor fixes
- 10+ crash conditions corrected.
- In the Web Browser asset, drop-down lists in websites now open just below the drop-down button on a webpage
- Column names can now have a trailing blank character
- Filtering for equality to an integer works again
- PowerPoint import works again
- Small bug fixes and usability enhancements
- 10+ crash conditions eliminated
- Corrected several crashes of the new Video asset linked to specific video encodings
- Experience publishing will no longer fail if fonts are detected as missing
- Create in Composer, play on any tablet running Android 4.3 or later
- Feature equivalent to Player for iPad
- Limitations can be found here
Signage-inspired deployment capabilities in Management Console
- Tag Players (Windows, iPad and Android) and filter devices by tags for group functions like deploy, reboot and analytics download
- Monitor running experiences in Players for iPad and Android (already possible with Player for Windows)
- (Windows only) Restart Player and/or reboot Windows PCs running Player
- (Windows only) Configure Player(s) to automatically restart and play the last run experience in case of PC reboot
- (Windows only) Upgrade Player to a new version (won't work with Player Version 4.6 or earlier)
Additional deployment improvements
- Publish to and deploy from both Internet and LAN-based FTP storage. This complements existing cloud storage support for Box, DropBox and Amazon S3
- (Composer Enterprise required) Toggle whether or not to the automated notification email should be sent when sharing experiences
- (Composer Enterprise required) Hands-free licensing for large scale installations of Player through use of a ghost image
- Drag-and-drop Photoshop psd documents directly into Composer for automatic image conversion and import. Every tagged layer and group is transformed into an image.
- Drag-and-drop of revised psd files will result in updates of only changed content.
New Video asset
- VLC-based Video assets support significantly increased number of file-based video codecs, including mpeg, avi, mkv, and mov (aka QuickTime)
- Also includes extended list of supported streaming video formats
- Video playback performance is also greatly improved
Map collection enhancements
- New Set coordinates action for moving items within a map
- New Tap and Double-tap triggers capture the touchpoint's latitude and longitude for use as action parameters
Enhancements to the Basic Shapes design accelerator (applies to both ellipse and rectangle)
- New actions: Set fill color, border thickness, border color and curvature of rectangle corners (aka radius)
- Support Tap and Double-tap triggers
New assets and collections
- (Windows only) New Webcam asset. Display live feed coming from PC-connected webcam. Capture screenshots for post-processing (e.g use of drawing tools) and sharing via email or saving to a local file.
- (Windows only) New Helix collection. Present items in an interactive DNA-like spiral. Like the Carousel collection, the Helix is endless. It can rotate automatically or respond to user touches.
Scheduler interface asset
- Specify dates and times for triggering events
- Supports use of Cron expressions
- Optionally enables use of UTC to coordinate actions across geographies
Analytics interface asset
- Collect usage info from an experience and store it in cloud-hosted, Intuiface-managed database
- Logged information is aggregated across even the largest multi-device deployment
- Download logged information to an Excel file using Management Console
- (Composer Enterprise required) Pre-filter dataset before download and access the past 365 days of collected data. Free and Pro Edition have access to one day of data.
- (Composer Enterprise required) Download logged data to an XML-based dataset via REST-based query. Useful for generating dynamic queries that will be used by third party analytics software.
Additional new interface assets
- Address to Coordinates / Coordinates to Address: Uses Google Maps API to convert addresses into latitude/longitude coordinates or vice versa.
- Comparison: Compares two text strings or numbers. Set triggers that call events when the comparison is true.
- Text Manipulation: Combine two text strings, extract a substring or replace one substring with another.
Improvements to Player for iPad (features also apply to Android)
- Deploy experiences through drag-and-drop using Management Console
- Support for Excel interface asset
- Support for folder-based collections
- Improved support for nested collections
- Redesign of New Project panel
- Composer now asks whether to duplicate or replace media when re-importing that corresponding file into an experience
- Improved 3D model conversion tool - converting 3ds, obj and dae into XAML
- The Change content action now has a content selector.
- Improved filters in the Content Library
- Empty collections display "ghost assets" that reflect the visual structure of the collection
- Assets in a scene can now be drag directly into collections
- The listing of container styles in the quick access Properties panel are now display short animated tooltips
- Main properties of the rectangle and ellipse are now accessible in the Properties panel
- Font selector for Text and Rich Text assets now contains previews of each font
- Increased, from four to six, the number of properties available in the quick access Properties panel for interface assets
- Improved search in the Design Accelerators panel
- Items in the Triggers and Actions panel can be used to open either the trigger or the action depending upon where they are clicked
- Height and width of Composer Panels, plus filter and sort settings, are saved as user preferences for each project
- Enhanced feedback when editing a collection
- Bindings are now exhibited for all visible Text asset properties in the quick access Properties panel.
- More than 25 other usability enhancements
Improved performance and memory footprint
- Reduced memory footprint of pdf-based Document assets
New sample experiences available for download
- Self-Service Photo Booth: (Windows only) Includes Webcam asset and Helix collection
- Photo Exhibition: Formatted for Android. Includes use of Excel.
- Real Estate Property Search: Includes Address to Coordinate interface asset and a custom REST-based interface asset for the Zoopla property search website
- REST-based interface assets now send requests even when optional parameters are not set
- The ESC key on a physical keyboard again exits a running experience in Player and Composer in Play Mode
- Memory leak in animations has been fixed
- Map collection no longer uses a different centerpoint when entering Composer's Play Mode or first running in Player
- Images in Image Buttons are now resized even when the button size is smaller than 30 pixels
- Carousel and Asset Flow collections now scroll to a specified index when triggered by a timer shorter than 3 seconds
- Accelerated creation of new projects on a Windows PC with hundreds of installed fonts
- Number Generator interface asset can now generate a value equivalent to the upper limit
- In case of a low level crash, Player no longer displays the Microsoft crash window. Player just restarts automatically and plays the last run experience.
- 15+ additional fixes, including various crash conditions
4.7 known limitations are described here
- Clear cache action has been added to the Web Browser asset.
- Zoom and pan settings of each space in Composer's Edit Mode are saved and reused when an experience is closed and then reopened.
- Improved performance of all REST-based Interface Assets due to optimized Web Service requests.
- Fonts once referenced but no longer used in an experience are removed from that experience to reduce project size.
- Fonts referenced only in action parameters are saved to an experience for deployment.
- Clock Interface Asset correctly displays the AM/PM format and the year.
- Tweets collected by the Twitter Interface Asset show a posting date adjusted for the time zone of the local PC rather than always showing UTC.
- Boolean values are correctly interpreted under all circumstances.
- Logs in the log file are much less verbose.
- A crash of Composer's embedded Player, while in Play Mode, no longer locks users out of Edit Mode.
- More than 12 crash conditions have been eliminated, including various scenarios involving copy/paste followed by deletion.
- Spaces panel and Content Library
- Simplified access to list view in the Content Library. Just reduce thumbnail size to minimum.
- Added list view option to the Spaces panel.
- Added both smaller and larger thumbnail options.
- Use of Ctrl+mouse-wheel to increase/decrease thumbnail sizes. Also available in the Design Accelerators and Experiences panels.
- Content Library filter now includes unused content.
- Downloaded but unsaved samples and templates no longer appear in the My Experiences tab of the Experiences panel.
- Download button for experiences in the Experiences panel no longer disappears if the PC loses then regains Internet access.
- Additional small fixes.
- Three crash conditions are corrected.
- PowerPoint imports can be cancelled without causing Composer instability.
- Several small Experience panel issues have been corrected.
- Saving an experience containing multiple videos no longer takes multiple seconds.
- Target listbox for drag and drop actions can now be scrolled.
- Three additional crash conditions have been fixed, including the notorious "Closing Composer by clicking the red X in the upper right-hand corner".
- Ability to toggle between list view and thumbnail view in the Content Library.
- The Flickr Interface Asset now supports the https protocol and will work again. Just open existing Intuiface experiences in this version of Composer and resave them to apply the update.
- The Delete Experience button in Composer’s Experience panel works properly for the experience just closed.
- It is again possible to reference a PDF using a URL – in addition to a file path - for the Content property of the Document Asset.
- The Show action works again for hidden Asset Flow collections.
- The Initial scroll effect property for the Asset Flow collection works again.
- Images accessed via URLs are again cached after their initial download.
- PUT requests are no longer sent repeatedly for the Philips hue interface asset.
- 4 crash conditions were fixed
- Support for drag-and-drop behavior. Both drag and drag-and-drop events now act as triggers for any Intuiface action.
- Collaboration and Team Management capabilities (for Composer Enterprise customers)
- Share an experience as play-only. Permits only Play Mode; the recipient cannot view experiences in Composer's Edit Mode.
- Share an experience with Write privileges. Permits collaboration with published experiences. Changes overwrite the original.
- Temporarily loan subscription licenses and permanently transfer perpetual licenses with other Intuiface accounts.
- Create secondary accounts to achieve fine grained control over license and experience sharing. Useful when juggling multiple projects and/or multiple users with unique needs and sharing rights.
- Create your own Design Accelerators to capture and save templates and frequently used components.
- Multiple Player for iPad improvements
- Ability to logout of Composer. Makes it possible to have multiple users and multiple licenses on the same PC. Also simplifies use of floating licenses.
- Global variable support, making values accessible across spaces.
- New graphic effects: Hue rotation and brightness
- Fonts used in Simple Text asset are saved as part of the experience. No need to preinstall fonts separately. Works on both Windows and the iPad.
- New value-themed interface assets including random number generator, random from list and a linear scale converter.
- Usability improvements
- Content Library displays resizable thumbnails for all imported media.
- Built-in text-based search for the Content Library and Design Accelerators panel.
- All possible copy/paste scenarios are now supported whether occurring within one experience or between two or more instances of Composer running on the same PC
- Content within Group collections now resizes when the Group is resized while in Edit Mode.
- Separation of owned experiences from those shared with you in Composer/Player Experiences panel.
- Improved state icons for published and shared experiences.
- Multiple usability tweaks including streamlined content import, simpler space creation, more user-friendly background color for new spaces, trigger preselection and much more.
- Improved feature set for Free Edition. Free Edition users can now use Kinect, Leap Motion and Excel filter/sort/add item.
- Navigation buttons in the Web Browser asset continue to work when webpage is zoomed greater than 100%
- Reduced memory usage for documents (Both pdf and Office) with many pages.
- Eliminated memory leaks and performance issue linked to use of the animation timeline.
- Elimination of GDI leak in the Web Browser asset, thereby correcting many crash conditions. (Fix was released in Intuiface 4.5.5 but we thought it worth mentioning again.)
- Correction of 6 other crash conditions.
- Corrects large variety of crashes originating in the Web Browser asset. The cause was a GDI leak linked to the way certain websites were architected. For some websites the leak was slow, for others the leak was fast. Either way, after some amount of time, the leak would hit a Windows OS limit and Intuiface would crash. Good news: no more leak!
- Several experience publish and download improvements, including 30% increase in performance and reduced failure rates
- Various small usability improvements
- Kinect support works again in all cases
- Shared experiences are no longer hidden by Management Console if their download in Composer or Player fails
- Newly created experiences are no longer deleted if “Save as…” is used before "Save".
- Frequent, consecutive use of the "Update Cell" action for the Excel Interface Asset no longer slows Player performance.
- Repaired a copy/paste issue for the Rich Text asset
- More than 15 crash conditions are resolved.
- New out-of-the-box Interface Asset: Philips hue
- Addition of duplicate command to right-click context menus and as keyboard shortcut Ctrl+d
- Improved speed of experience saving when content is missing
- Kinect and Leap Motion support works again.
- Corrected variety of publishing issues for all supported cloud-based storage providers.
- Target list of "Go to space" action" again contains all possible spaces.
- Eliminated occasional display of phantom devices in Management Console
- Player agent installer now opens port 8000, necessary for communication with Management Console.
- All common properties are displayed when standard assets and interface assets are multi-selected.
- Prevented crash when attempt is made to edit an Interface Asset's .ifd file while an experience is loaded in Composer or Player.
- Eliminated seemingly random crash when exiting Player.
- Update of older experiences (4.3 and prior) to Version 4.5.3 correctly preserves parameters for:
- Video asset actions "Set timeline" and "Set volume"
- Text asset actions “Set size" and "Set color"
- Composer multi-screen support enables use of floating Composer panels in secondary displays.
- Improved accuracy of publish and download progress estimates.
- Reduced downtime for Player when deploying and running a new/updated experience via Management Console. Experiences are now downloaded prior to stopping and restarting Player.
- OS-specific system files – rejected by DropBox - are not uploaded or published.
- New Zoom property for the Web Browser asset.
- New sample experience - "Food Ordering" - uses animation to create a build-a-burger kiosk app.
- Several small usability enhancements for Management Console.
- Stopping a video more than once no longer makes it unplayable.
- Latest version of Leap Motion driver - Version 1.2.0+10947 - now supported
- Computers with uninstalled Players are no longer displayed in the Connected Devices and Monitoring panels of Management Console.
- Addressed change to Dropbox API that prevented successful experience publishing and download (causing Error 5001).
- Images now scale appropriately if located inside a group-based asset grid.
- Bindings are no longer lost if items are moved between layers.
- 12 crash fixes and a variety of minor bug fixes.
- Improved copy/paste capability between two running instances of Composer.
- Display of informative error messages when experience publication or deployment fails.
- Asset selection lasso in Edit Mode can now be started from outside the visible scene.
- Enhanced Hue-Saturation-Value color picker
- Multiple small usability improvements.
- Alignment tools work with assets found inside a Group nested inside another collection.
- Experiences containing Kinect and Leap Motion interface assets can be deployed using Management Console.
- Pro Edition experiences can be published and shared by Enterprise Edition license holders.
- Downloading a large shared experience published to the Box cloud no longer fails due to time out.
- Media files (images, videos, etc.) with the & symbol in their name can be published as part of an experience.
- Multiple timers in the same space can coexist and independently trigger actions.
- Experiences can be published even if first opened in Composer by a double-click on that experience’s .ifx file.
- “Allow rotate” property is respected even if an asset container is set to Free.
- Clock Interface Asset has complete set of properties that existed in prior Intuiface versions.
- Closing assets while in Play Mode no longer fails to trigger the “Hidden” action.
- About 16 crash conditions are corrected.
NOTE: All new runtime features - i.e. features not specific to editing in Composer - are supported on both Windows PCs and the iPad.
- Move, rotate, blur, scale and much more for any asset or collection.
- Includes multiple animation profiles: linear, ease-in/ease-out, ease-in, ease-out, bounce.
- Timeline enables choreography of multiple animation actions launched by the same trigger
- Preview button runs animation while in Composer's Edit Mode
- Multiple configuration options to fine tune speed, frequency and timing
- Publish experiences
- One-click functionality in Composer
- Use your own - or your company's - Box, DropBox or Amazon S3 cloud storage account.
- Differential upload ensures faster publishing on subsequent attemps
- Share published experiences
- Accessed online through Management Console.
- Just list email addresses and click the Share button.
- Composer's Experiences Panel flags all shared experiences waiting for download.
- Share images, videos, documents, audio files - and annotated images and spaces
- More flexible and functional Share via USB Drive interface asset replaces existing USB control
- New Share via File System interface asset makes it possible to save media to any locally accessible file system, including networked drives.
- New Email interface asset let's you send media as email attachments. See next feature.
- Native email support
- Hosted option offers a free email service supplied by Intuiface.
- Configurable option works with any SMTP server.
- Both options accept one or more attachments as well as fully customizable To, From and Body fields.
- New visual effects for all assets and collections
- Licensing and Pricing improvements
- Complements Intuiface's REST support as a way to introduce cross-platform - i.e. bothiPad and Windows - capability.
- Assets can now be placed fully outside a space, particularly useful for animation
- Improvements to Composer’s Experience Panel (formerly known as the Startup panel), including built-in publish and share notification capabilities.
- In Edit Mode, the selection lasso (i.e. left-click+hold and drag) works even if initiated outside the bounds of a space.
- Improved organization of Interface Assets (IA) in the IA panel
- Multi-asset/collection selection is possible in the Actions section of the Triggers & Actions panel.
- Additional parameters are now accessible in the Properties panel.
- All major asset and collections properties are now displayed.
- If applicable, the binding indicator is displayed.
- Harmonization between Text and Rich Text asset properties.
- New Scratch Card asset, located in the Design Accelerators panel.
- Inactivity Timer now accepts values via binding.
- Improved speed of exit from Composer's Play Mode.
- ifx backup file created when upgrading to new version of Composer is now labeled with the older Composer version number.
- Eliminated memory leak linked to switching between spaces.
- Leap Motion and Kinect support works again in all circumstances.
- "Create asset" action correctly accepts a URL.
- When importing a PowerPoint presentation, slides are now correctly organized in the “Home” space.
- When selecting an asset in the Space Content panel, its border is displayed when located within an Asset Flow or Asset Grid.
- Fixes crashes related to the Timeline collection.
- Actions “Change drawing” and “Change stroke” work again.
- Action “Scroll to” applied to an Asset Flow collection now scrolls to the correct index position.
- When referencing external media, the Excel IA now accepts absolute paths containing spaces.
- z-order of elements is now maintained after grouping them.
- Add Player for iPad Version 4.5 compatibility.
Building experiences for Player for iPad? We recommend using Player for iPad Version 4.5 and Composer Version 4.3.9. When Composer Version 4.5 becomes available, upgrade once more.
- Image and Document assets now accept URLs as dynamic links to media. (Video asset already supports URLs as dynamic links.)
- Virtual keyboard enhanced to support additional non-alphabetic characters.
- Alternate Video asset rendering engine (referenced in the Video asset Style property; still in beta) now recognizes the Poster property.
- Max font pixel size has been raised from 128 to 1638.
- RFID tag ID can be captured in Composer Edit Mode by giving focus to the trigger’s Tag ID field in the Triggers and Actions panel and then running a tag over your reader.
- REST interface asset trace log now includes specific details about the property, asset and failure reason
- REST interface asset improvements for the support of connected objects
- Flip Chart no longer triggers scroll actions when loaded.
- Minor Text Input asset bug fixes
- Intuiface log file no longer contains verbose messages when an RFID tag reader is referenced in a project but not connected to the PC.
- Multiple crash conditions are resolved.
- In Composer’s Play Mode, the Excel interface asset now reloads edited Excel spreadsheets whenever the parent workbook is closed or Excel is quit. While in Composer Play Mode, reload the space.
- Performance counter issue on some Windows PCs now resolved by the Intuiface installer.
- “Scroll to index” now triggered in all cases.
- “Elasticity” property works again.
- “New” and “Open” project-related functions work again after a second project is opened and edited in Composer.
- Remote actions using the experience name as a parameter work again.
- Additional minor stability and bug fixes.
- 12 crash scenarios corrected including 1) asset deletion from Content Library while the Binding or Triggers & Actions panel is displayed, and 2) recursive binding of properties with numerical values
- While in Edit Mode, switches between spaces containing a large number of assets using triggers, actions and binding will complete up to 50% faster.
- Redesign of the Intuiface Account Management website to improve usability.
- Map collection no longer displays a white border when first created.
- REST interface asset now supports the definition of min and max values.
- Changing the container type of an Asset Flow no longer, under certain conditions, causes contents to disappear from view.
- Switching between vertical and horizontal orientation for the Asset Grid no longer causes certain property values to disappear from view.
- Playback of videos larger than 2GB no longer causes Composer to crash.
- setOpacity action is no longer lost when saving Version 4.2 projects in Version 4.3.
- 10 crash conditions corrected.
- Asset size is no longer set to 0 if an asset is hidden in a group and then moved out of that group in the Space Content panel.
- Pausing a video that has never run will no longer cause the video to hide.
- A double-click on the Player executable no longer disables multi-touch under certain circumstances.
- When changing media for an Image, Video or Document asset in the Properties Panel, the content files are now displayed in alphabetical order.
- Download of some videos and pdfs no longer fails in the Preview Mode of Player for iPad.
- 9 crash conditions and other small issues are corrected.
- Almost instantaneous space navigation. Visible assets (text, images, videos, …) are now rapidly displayed after space-to-space transition rather than loaded into memory before transition, providing better visual feedback that navigation is underway.
- Faster initial display of PDF files.
- "Duplicate" option now available for a space and a sequence.
- Race conditions leading to PDF conversion failure (the red exclamation mark problem) have been corrected.
- The connection between Composer and Player for iPad now work when the email address associated with an Intuiface account uses uppercase letters.
- Next/Previous/ScrollTo/ScrollToAsset actions for the SlideShow collection are back in Composer.
- The "Goto page" action works again in all cases when referencing pages earlier in a book.
- A video with "Autoplay" set to true is no longer played if it is contained within a hidden group.
- PDFs added directly from the file system at runtime now display their first page when appearing.
- Document asset widths in a collection are now accurately calculated.
- Space-specific capabilities are no longer displayed in the right-click menu or in the menu bar for a sequence in the Spaces panel.
- Additional minor issues fixed.
- 10 crash conditions corrected.
- Significantly faster load times when transitioning to spaces with a lot of hidden content.
- PDF files in a Flipchart collection are no longer blurred when flipping between PDFs.
- The Undo function (Ctrl-Z) no longer causes Composer to crash when the modified space – or an asset/collection in the modified space – has an action whose target is in another space.
- “Pause when hidden” property for the Video asset works again in all cases
- Updates Twitter interface asset to accommodate significant change in the Twitter API. Experiences created before Version 4.2 may crash if using the Twitter interface asset. Experiences created and/or saved using Version 4.2 thru 4.3.1 may display empty tweet lists. This new version will repair all tweet lists. Just open your experience in this new version and resave.
- Flip Chart animation works again
- Various minor Composer tweaks
- Corrected crash conditions related to timers, the Excel interface asset, Rich Text asset and a few others
New Product: Player for iPad
Available in the App Store here or search iTunes for 'intuiface'.
- Build interactive experiences using Composer on Windows, deploy to the iPad. For detailed information, see these articles.
- Enables both online and offline use
- Online: Live streaming over any WiFi network.
- Offline: Save experiences locally so you can take your iPad anywhere
- Special Preview Mode enables Player for iPad to communicate with Composer in Play Mode and either stream or download the experience for offline use
- Simplified license management avoids the use of license keys, making it easy to register and deregister iPads for use with your experiences.
- Web-based device management, through use of Intuiface Management Console, enables you to keep track of your iPad license inventory and of all experiences you want to make available for online and offline modes. This capability is for Enterprise Edition customers only.
- Freely downloadable from the Apple AppStore. You can even use Preview Mode (see above) with Composer Free (limited to live streaming).
Other Intuiface Enhancements:
- Multi-selection is now available in both the scene and Space Content panel.
- New multi-selection capabilities in the scene
- Copy, cut, move, resize, rotate and delete multi-selected items
- Align horizontally (left, right, center) and vertically (top, bottom, center)
- Distributed vertically and horizontally using either spacing between items or space between the middle of each item as a guide.
- Bulk editing of properties common to all selected assets
- Undo/redo has been enhanced to support multi-selection actions
- Right-click ability to group all multi-selected items into a single Group collection.
- Ungroup a Group Collection to free all contained items and render them as multi-selected
- New multi-Selection capabilities in the Space Content Panel
- Copy, cut, move, resize, rotate, align, distribute, group and delete multi-selected items
- New multi-selection capabilities in the scene
- Simplified text editing
- To edit text in the Simple Text asset and Button control, just double-click the text directly in the scene. This is similar to how things already work in the Rich Text asset.
- More Simple Text asset properties are accessible in the Properties panel at the bottom of Composer.
- The name of a Simple Text asset, Rich Text asset and Button control will now default to the first 20 characters of visible text if the name has not been modified by the user.
- The Font selector now permits use of all fonts installed on the PC running Composer. (Remember, fonts are not stored in a project so you must ensure all devices running Player have the same font installed.)
- New Design Accelerator panel with additional accelerator bundles
- Design Accelerator panel is now located in a tab to the right of Composer and immediately adjacent to the Content Library.
- Brand new, downloadable accelerator bundles like animated menus and linear gauges
- Download and install new Design Accelerators without leaving Composer
- Zoomable panel makes it easy to browse a large number of accelerators.
- Enhanced Property panel (located at the bottom of Composer)
- Indicates which properties are shared and thus editable in a multi-selection
- Item names are now displayed in the header of the All Properties panel.
- Orange shading indicates binding and reacts to a mouse hover and show the name of the bound assets and properties.
- Triggers and Actions panel has been fully redesigned to make it easier to adopt and put triggers and actions to use.
- New lock feature enables designers to prevent other with Composer from making changes to items in the scene while in Edit Mode. Locked items are transparent to the mouse. The lock feature has no effect on Play Mode and changes can still be made be manipulating the item directly in the Space Content panel.
- Hover your mouse over a new indicator on any item in the Space Content panel to view both bindings and triggers associated with that item.
- Many guidance messages and tool tips have been added or enhanced to simplify adoption and comprehension for new users.
- Right-click the scene to access new Set Background functions.
- Quickly change asset content by double-clicking the asset or right-clicking the asset and selecting Change [asset type] in the right-click menu. The proposed media are filtered to the asset type.
- The z-order of assets (i.e. the stacking order) in the scene is now identical to the order in the Space Content panel. Be aware that in rare cases this may change the way a space is displayed in your existing experiences.
- In Composer's Edit Mode, assets are no more limited by their minimum and maximum size restrictions. If asset sizes are set outside the bounds
- In Composer's Edit Mode, auto-repeat for ctrl-X, ctrl-D, ctrl-Z and ctrl-Y is suppressed when applied to items in the Spaces panel, the Content panel and the scene to avoid unintended changes.
- When deleting a space you are now asked for confirmation.
- When creating a new space, the background of the currently viewed space is automatically reused.
- PowerPoint import improvements
- Navigation is now achieved via onscreen swipe gestures rather than by pressing transparent buttons.
- Original slide names are now used to label spaces.
- Text Input control now has a new set properties.
- Define Guidance Text, define when to hide this text and set font properties.
- Opening and closing of the keyboard can be animated using the Space property category Text Input Keyboard
- Change keyboard background color and opacity using the Space property category Text Input Keyboard
- It is now possible to add assets or collections by dragging-and-dropping them from the Quick Access Toolbar to the left of Composer.
- If a REST-based interface asset uses an enumeration, a combo box menu will be displayed in Composer to ease the selection of one of the options.
- Improved Intuiface Configuration Manager should reduce networking issues when working with the IntuiPad remote control.
- New menu option Help -> Send diagnostic is now available to send diagnostic info to Intuiface Support.
- Many other usability tweaks in Composer including graying out of inapplicable functions and content previews with mouse hover in the Content Library.
- Improved Composer and Player memory usage which should solve various Out Of Memory issues.
- The memory footprint of large images has been dramatically reduced, especially when large images (i.e. images with a large pixel resolution) are resized to fit in a small area. For example, a 1920x1080 Full HD image placed inside a 200x200 Image Button control will no longer take up the amount of memory required to hold a Full HD image.
- The memory footprint of videos have been dramatically reduced by only loading videos when the user chooses to play one.
- Thumbnails generated for collections are now properly scaled rather than being set to a fixed size.
- The time needed to navigate from one space to another in Player was reduced by a factor of 30% to 75% depending on the number and pixel resolution of images and videos involved.
- After use of "Import from PowerPoint”
- triggers and actions automatically inserted to enable navigation are again visible and editable in Composer.
- resulting experience uses onscreen gestures rather than transparent buttons to trigger navigation between the slides.
- Multiple license issues have been solved
- Composer and Player again work correctly on the Samsung SUR40, no longer recording a double-touch for the first finger.
- Circular Panel collection behavior - when the inner radius was set to something other than zero - has been corrected.
- Next action for a Flipchart collection with only one image now works.
- When opening and saving an existing project, Composer now automatically upgrades all interface assets whose version in Composer is later than the versions used in the experience.
- When a trigger had several actions, each opening an item in a collection, all items now open in front of the collection.
- All bound properties are now marked with an orange-colored mask.
- Sample Experience downloads via the Composer start-up panel no longer consumes the CPU.
- In Composer, the Exit action and Exit remote action no longer quit Composer. They just exit Play Mode of Composer.
- Six crash conditions corrected as well as a large number of memory-related crashes thanks to the memory optimization work mentioned above.
- Map Collection support for all recognized geocoordinate formats including DMS and E6. For a list of supported formats, see this article.
- Copying properties from one button to another no longer copies the button text.
- A few minor bugs and crash conditions you probably didn't run into yet but we didn’t like knowing they were around.
- New Set Viewport Boundary action for the Map Collection.
- Text Input asset now enables the entry of linefeeds using the Enter key.
- Keyboard size for the Text Input Asset and Web Browser Asset is now configurable.
- Excel Interface Asset has a new read-only property containing the total number of rows in a spreadsheet.
- The duration of a Timer can be now pulled in from an external data source through binding.
- New Index changed trigger for the Item Picker Collection (located in the Design Accelerator panel).
- Corrects edge case in which the new licensing mechanism – first introduced in Version 4.2.1 – prevented a project from being saved.
- An Excel-based URL reference to a PDF file can now be used, through binding, by the Document Asset’s Content property.
- Intuiface no longer crashes in cases when malformed information is returned by the Twitter API to the Twitter Interface Asset.. See how to update an Interface Asset in an existing project
- 10 crash conditions have been corrected.
- Additional corrections for edge case scenarios you probably didn't run into but will be glad to know we have fixed anyway.
- This version enhances the Intuiface licensing mechanism, ensuring Composer and Player license keys continue to work after OS upgrades. For example, license keys will now remain valid after upgrading a PC from Windows 8.0 to Windows 8.1
- Replacement of the Bing Maps asset with the Map collection, enabling manual, Excel-sourced or cloud-driven (via interface assets) placement of interactive points of interest. Use either OpenStreetMaps or Bing Maps for the map display.
- Text Input asset improvements for better form construction
- Use regular expressions for entry validation.
- Password mask to hide typing.
- On-screen numeric keypad for fields only requiring numeric entry.
- Additional design configuration options to customize appearance.
- Select any video frame or image to act as a poster for the Video Asset.
- Direct manipulation of objects using Microsoft Kinect. Turn a page, play a video and much more.
- Real-time data feed updates every time an Excel spreadsheet - referenced by an Excel interface asset - is closed. Previously, changes to the spreadsheet were only recognized when restarting an experience.
- New property
- Opacity for all assets and collections.
- New triggers
- New actions
- Toggle maximize and Toggle minimize for all assets and collections.
- New experience templates to quick start experience creation.
- New "Intuiface Composer in 90 Seconds" video for those unfamiliar with Intuiface.
- Complete redesign of the Composer start-up panel
- Download & run experience templates and business samples without leaving Composer.
- Display and access history of recently opened experiences.
- Free Edition-specific enhancements
- Free Edition experiences can now be opened and edited on any PC running Composer Free.
- Use the Excel interface asset to work with static Excel spreadsheets.
- Pro Edition-specific enhancements
- Work with Microsoft Kinect and the Leap Motion Controller. Use of these devices is no longer exclusive to the Enterprise Edition.
- Excel interface asset improvements
- Filter and sort the Excel data feed.
- Add and save new rows.
- For annual subscribers, the ability to "release" licenses 3 times in a calendar year to protect against PC failure and hardware refresh.
- Enterprise Edition-specific enhancements
- Everything in the Pro Edition, plus
- Introduction of PUT, POST and DELETE request methods for the REST Interace Asset
- For annual subscribers, the ability to "release" licenses 5 times in a calendar year to protect against PC failure and hardware refresh. NOTE Perpetual license holders can release their licenses an unlimited number of times during the year.
- When copying the properties of a space, the background image or video is also copied.
- Vertical alignment of Text Input assets. This fix addresses a popular customer request.
- Default action for newly created Text Input asset now works after renaming the asset.
- Original data is no longer deleted when adding a very big folder to the Content Library and then deleting the reference before the copy process is completed.
- Project filenames can now contain periods without any risk of losing resources from the Content Library (identified by a red exclamation mark).
- Importing empty or bad images files no longer causes Composer to crash.
- 10 additional crash condition have been fixed.
- Computer name and IP address appear in the About window – helpful when using Player for iPad (still in preview) and IntuiPad, our remote control
- During startup, Composer splash screen is no longer topmost, freeing view of other windows
- Copy/paste of Space bindings between two instances of Composer now works correctly
- Corrected scenarios resulting in broken bindings
- Kinect video no longer freezes
- Additional crash conditions have been addressed
- Time to delete an asset in a scene or select a different space in the Spaces panel has been dramatically reduced, with up to 90% reduction in time for a large project.
- Memory footprint of large images have been reduced in Composer's Edit Mode to reduce the likelihood of Out Of Memory issues. In Play Mode, original image sizes are used.
- Any asset popped out of a collection now immediately displays its Close button for a duration of about 6 seconds. The Close button then fades away but reappears whenever the asset is manipulated.
- The filename of a Space background image or video is now fully displayed even if the filename has a large number of characters.
- Action targets are again displayed in the Triggers & Actions Panel.
- An asset in a Pinboard no longer inherits that Pinboard’s min and max width and height restrictions when the Pinboard is placed in a Group collection.
- Fixed size assets inside a Group no longer mistakenly resize when the Group’s bound width and height values are changed.
- Rich Text asset is now shaded orange to indicate it is bound when the “HTML Text” property is bound to an external source.
- The “HTML Text” property of the Rich Text asset now shows the source text when it is bound.
- Composer Free can now modify and close (without saving) a non-Free Edition project before opening a Free Edition project. (Free Edition can never save changes to a non-Free Edition project. See here for a discussion about experience sharing.)
- On Windows 8, the Management Console agent process now starts correctly.
- Deleting then undoing the deletion of a folder-based collection in a scene now correctly displays all folder content.
- In rare cases, Button configuration settings (e.g. background color) are no longer reflected in collection controls.
- 10+ crash conditions fixed
- Item width and height are no longer limited within collections
- Use of Copy Painter with Button and Toggle Button no longer copies button text
- Binding details can be revealed by clicking on orange triangle in Properties editor
- Improved Save functionality to prevent project corruption if crash occurs
- Item Shadow Property for assets in a Pinboard Collection is now taken into account under all circumstances
- Change Stroke action for the Drawing Tool’s stroke width and color now works
- Copy/paste of a space between two instances of Composer now copies the images associated Image Buttons
- Default style for Audio and Text Assets is no longer empty
- Undo/redo for the Rich Text Asset restores the text
- In binding mode, Properties pane to the right no longer disappears when selecting another asset
- Edge case conditions while editing remote actions
- Working with unsupported formulas in Excel (cell contents are now left blank)
- Edge case conditions for undo/redo
- Launching Composer while not connected to the Internet
- Edge case conditions when adding a document into a scene
- IntuiPad again works with Player for Windows
- Tab key again enables property field switching after editing Rich Text asset or selecting a space
- Visual tags again work with Samsung SUR40 for Microsoft Pixelsense
- Crash conditions eliminated
- changing a Flip Chart collection into an Asset Flow collection
- changing content of an image inside a Flip Chart
- typing the % symbol inside the name of an asset
- changing 'Scroll by' property to a value greater than the number of items in a collection
- Inserting the same Excel file into an experience more than once
- Associating a 'Goto Space' action with an 'Entering Space' trigger
- New “Update Cell” action for the Excel Interface Asset.
- Eliminated multiple crash conditions, including when
- Version 4.0 experiences are converted to Version 4.1
- an Interface Asset is not found (results in a blank screen)
- an Interface Asset is located directly in the “Interface Assets” folder rather than in a sub-folder
- using a Carousel collection
- using the “Import from folder” option in the Composer Startup panel
- Significant performance improvement when deleting objects, more than 80% reduction in time. This also fixes crashes that occurred when deleting assets or spaces.
- Leap Motion Interface Asset has been updated to accommodate Leap Motion’s SDK Version 1.0.4 and later.
- Excel Date and Number formats are now respected when bound to Text assets.
- 2 crash conditions related to the Excel Interface Asset have been corrected.
- Time Interface Asset now correctly manages all time zones.
- Corrected error in the json file generated by Composer for use with Player for iPad preview.
- Corrected appearance of blank Property panel for assets under various conditions.
- Corrected conditions preventing the ability to save an experience.
- PowerPoint import no longer causes Composer to freeze under special conditions.
- Eliminated scenarios causing loss of remote actions when converting Version 3.8 experiences to Version 4.x.
- Eliminated scenarios causing loss of bindings in a Version 4.0 experience when converting to Version 4.1.
- Asset Grid collection with “Right To Left” orientation is no longer blocked after a “Scroll to” action.
- “Center” action on the Timeline collection works again.
NOTE: If a feature name is preceded by an asterisk (*), only Composer Enterprise can be used to create experiences incorporating that feature. Composer Free and Composer Pro can open and run the resulting experiences but saving won’t be possible.
- Intuiface Management Console: Web-based control panel enabling deployment of cloud-hosted Intuiface experiences to any Windows device running Intuiface Player. Available for Composer Enterprise customers only.
- Microsoft Kinect support: Use Kinect-specific gestures and postures to trigger events in your Intuiface experiences.
- Leap Motion Controller support: Use Leap-specific gestures and postures to trigger events in your Intuiface experiences.
- New Circular Panel collection: Create rounded, swipeable menus containing your own images, videos, or other content types.
- Three new out-of-the-box interface assets: Prebuilt interface assets for a clock, count-down timer and chronometer are now available.
- New Linear Gauge asset: Use your own graphics to represent progress along any scale of your choice. Use to illustrate concepts like percent completion, distance traveled, or money collected.
- Unlimited Trial Version of Composer: We have replaced the trial version of Composer – which is limited to 21 days – with a time-unlimited version of Composer, referred to as Composer Free.
- Player for iPad Preview: Available by invite only for Enterprise customers - so an incentive for you to go Enterprise! More information available for those who participate in the Preview program.
- Crash recovery mechanism: On the VERY rare occasion of a Composer crash :-) you will be able to recover all work performed no more than 60 seconds prior to the crash. This feature fulfills a popular customer request.
- Reduced installation burden: It is no longer necessary for installation to be granted Administrator rights. Limitations of installation without Administrator rights:
- Microsoft Office document cannot be imported into a project
- The Intuiface Configuration Tool, necessary for working with IntuiPad and remote actions, will install without Administrator rights but must be granted those rights in order to run.
- Autoupdate mechanism will not work.
- New actions
- Reset all assets for a space. This feature fulfills a popular customer request.
- Scale, Resize and Move for items inside of a Group collection.
- New triggers
- Space: Leaving, Entering, Left and Entered. When moving from space A to B, the order of events is Leaving A, Entering B, Left A, Entered B.
- Document Asset: Page changed
- Video and Audio Assets: Time changed
- Carousel, Asset Flow and Flip Chart collections: Index changed. This feature fulfills a popular customer request.
- Timeline collection: Date changed
- Additional new features
- The Interface Asset (IA) panel now supports IA-specific right-click menu options.
- Unoccupied areas inside of a Group collection are now transparent to touch events.
- C#-based interfaces now support DateTime and URI types
- The Content parameter of the Change content action can now be modified through binding.
- Start Composer directly into Play Mode. Details here.
- The Composer and Player license file has been replaced by a License Key.
- Easily change the license key by using the menu item Help->Enter a license key.
- Usability improvements
- Redesigned color picker with support for both RGB and HSB (hue/saturation/brightness).
- Collections with the notion of focus – i.e. Asset Flow, Carousel and Flip Chart – now have an Index property containing the index of the item in focus.
- Actions initiated by the Space triggers Visual tag down, Visual tag move, and Visual tag up can now be bound to the following properties of the visual tag: Tag ID, X coordinate, Y coordinate and Orientation. This means you can have assets and collections "follow" your visual tags as they move.
- Actions initiated by the asset and collection triggers Manipulation started and Manipulation completed can now be bound to the following properties of the touch event: X coordinate, Y coordinate, Orientation.
- Images and videos preserve their original pixel dimensions when added into a space or pinboard. The pixel dimensions are displayed beside their preview image in the bottom-right of the Content Library. This feature fulfills a popular customer request.
- Assets moved out of a collection retain their size.
- When only Allow rotate is set for an asset or collection – thus when Allow move and Allow resize are deselected – only one finger is required to cause rotation.
- Overall utility improvements to the Start-up panel and Help menu.
- While in binding mode, the All Properties panel more cleanly displays all property values.
- Properties panel has been streamlined to display only the most used properties.
- Improved organization of properties in the All Properties panel.
- Right-click context menu now available in the Triggers and Actions panel located in the bottom-right of Composer.
- Copy/paste of a collection creates a sibling collection rather than a nested child collection.
- Both the Space Content and Spaces panel* now autoscroll when reordering items.
- Composer now opens an experience at the Startup space (set in menu item Project->Project settings), not the first space in the Spaces panel.
- When copy/pasting an asset, the copy now appears at some distance from the original.
- Improved management of a Group's size when added into a parent collection.
- Composer now represents enum values - found in REST and C#-based interfaces – as dropdown lists.
- And don’t forget the crazy good performance improvements introduced in Version 4.0.5 for HID-based touch displays (i.e. most of them).
- 5+ additional crash conditions have been resolved.
- Scroll To Asset action for the Asset Grid works again
- The Inactivity Timer is now reinitialized every time content is moved.
- Greatly improved response time - especially for multi-object interactions such as those with collections - on multi-touch displays using Microsoft’s HID protocol (i.e. most touch displays)
- Moving an asset or a collection from one layer to another no longer resets property values.
- Performance improvement for the Excel Interface Asset when the referenced workbook contains multiple spreadsheets.
- The Flash asset no longer displays a white rectangle just before the animation begins.
- Dropdown lists for form fields in the Web Browser asset now respect the “Allow form entry” property.
- The Item Shadow property is now taken into account when an asset is placed inside a Pinboard.
- Remote actions are no longer lost when upgrading a Version 3.8.3 presentation to Version 4.x.
- Additional crash conditions are resolved.
- Double-clicking media in the Content Library now places them into the center of the active scene.
- Insertion of images into the scene now works under all circumstances rather than resulting in an image asset with exclamation mark.
- All assets within remote experiences can now be accessed when creating remote actions in the Triggers and Actions panel.
- Remote actions directed at collections are no longer lost after exiting Play Mode in Composer.
- Corrected deletion of assets bound to Interface Assets after exiting Play Mode in Composer.
- All primary Toggle Button asset properties are now displayed in Composer’s Properties Panel.
- Various usability improvements.
- Multiple crash conditions corrected.
- The All Properties panel is no longer empty when PC display resolution is greater than WUXGA (i.e. greater than 1920×1200).
- Correction of crash and “cannot save” error when copy/pasting then deleting assets or collections in the same instance of Composer.
- Removed a security restriction from the Web Browser asset preventing websites like Spotify to work correctly.
- Exiting Play Mode with Escape key works again in all cases.
- It is now possible to use the numeric keypad of a physical keyboard to input a number in the Text Input asset.
- The binding of a property with an Interface Asset as the source is now correctly displayed in the binding panel.
- When binding an action parameter, the target is now displayed and editable.
- It is again possible to use a video for the background of a space.
- After ”Save as…”, newly added Interface Assets are added to the new project.
- When the content of a collection is a folder, it is now possible to change the folder of that collection in the Properties panel.
- The moon phase control now works even if the All Properties panel has a visible scrollbar.
- Various consistency tweaks to All Properties panel
- Several crash conditions corrected.
- Improved performance – fastest ever achieved for Intuiface - on multi-touch displays running either Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Again possible in all cases to associate several actions with the same trigger
- Pixel size of Quad Full HD configuration is corrected
- After drag-and-drop of a space in the Spaces panel, the moved space remains selected
- Default value of a remote action parameter can now be modified
- Action parameters no longer lock and prevent binding
- Copy and pasting bound assets from one Composer instance to another no longer prohibits saving the destination project
- Using Ctrl+Z to undo asset deletion no longer loses binding relationships
- Video background works again
- 9 crash conditions eliminated
- Crash conditions corrected:
- Various group editing scenarios, including movement of groups from one layer to another, deletion of groups containing bound assets, and changing visibility property of groups or assets in a group
- Movement, in the Spaces panel, of spaces containing Interface Assets
- Running Player with limited rights (e.g. in an IT-managed domain)
- Assets no longer have potential to become unresponsive in Edit Mode
- V3 licenses are new properly copied after running 4.0 auto-update
NOTE: Intuiface Version 4.0 and Intuiface Presentation Version 3.x can be installed on the same machine and run side-by-side. All spaces and assets in a Version 3.x presentation can be copy-pasted into a Version 4.x experience. You can also open a Version 3.x presentation directly in Version 4.0. However, once opened in Version 4.0, experiences cannot be opened in Version 3.x without following the procedure outlined here.
- Interface Asset for external data and API integration : Establish real-time integration between visual assets in your Intuiface experience with external data and business services. Works with Web Service APIs, C# dll's, Microsoft Excel and folders on your file system.
- Out of the box Interface Asset examples: Incorporate Twitter, Local Weather, RSS feed, Flickr, QR Code and a Simple Counter in all of your Intuiface experiences.
- Asset binding capability: Bind properties, trigger parameters and action parameters across two or more assets. Use it to create multi-space templates and choreographed visuals.
- Group collection: Enable collective resizing of multiple assets at the same time. Useful for the creation of product cards and data sheets.
- Text Input Asset: Enable users of your Intuiface experiences to enter data that can then be passed along to 3rd party services using the Interface Asset concept (mentioned above).
- Toggle Button: Two-state button to complement the existing one-state (pressed/released) button.
- Item Picker collection: Enable users to browse and select an item from within a scrolling list.
- Numerous Usability improvements:
- Full graphic redesign of Composer, including improved color scheme and layout flexibility
- Enhanced Space Content panel for clear identification of nested collection and Interface asset template designs
- Simplified access to All Properties panel
- Redesigned All Properties panel, including advanced capability for “binding” and improved organization of properties
- Use of right-click menu to insert all assets & collections
- Improved, more descriptive “Check for Update” panel
- .Net 4.1 is no longer required for installation
- In trial mode, the user has the option to “Continue trial” after encountering the two minute time limit.
- New properties: "Visible to interactivity" for assets: Specify whether an asset outside of a collection will respond to touch events. If set to false for a given asset, then assets behind the original will receive touch events instead.
- "DPI" for documents: Specify the pixel resolution to be used for the display of a document (pdf, pptx, docx).
- "Language" for Bing Maps: Specify the label language for the Bing Maps asset
- "Keyboard" for Web Browser and Input Text assets: Choose between either QWERTY or AZERTY onscreen keyboards. The AZERTY keyboard enables the input of diacritic characters.
- "Resize ratio for opened item" for collections: Use to specify how large an item should be - relative to its original size - when a copy is opened (using tap or drag-and-drop) from inside a collection.
- New triggers:
- Manipulation started: Triggered the moment a non-static asset is touched / gestured.
- Manipulation ended: Triggered the moment interaction with a non-static asset interaction is completed – i.e. when the hand/gesture is released from the asset.
- Shape-based Design Accelerator: Add rectangles and ellipses to any space
- Removal of asset size limitation: Assets are no longer limited to a maximum size of 4k x 4k pixels.
- "Map & Zoom Mode", useful for Web-hosted maps like Google Maps, works on Windows 8.
- The "Set Text" action no longer has potential to break preexisting text formats.
- Improved stability when editing content in the Rich Text asset.
- Copy/paste of buttons copies all associated bindings.
- Flip Chart animation works when nested collections are contained within the Flip chart
- "Tapped" trigger works for thumbnails (i.e. when the property "Show items as thumbnails" is set to true) in a collection.
- Onscreen interaction with Flash assets works again.
- In the Space Content panel, only spaces with associated triggers and actions display the lightning bolt symbol.
- 15+ crash conditions have been corrected.
- Adds a confirmation popup for logout
- Enhances shake detection for attempts to quit an experience
- Improves time and sound sliders for the Video asset
- Fixes "Tap item to open" animation for all collections
- Eliminates graphic artifact when a Document asset with a Book style is page turned from right to left
- Download popup message is now closed when an Internet connection is lost mid-download
- Free Edition experiences stored on FTPS servers can now be read
- Multi-finger interaction with a Carousel now works
- Corrects ability to use a Video asset embedded in a FlipChart collection
- "Scroll to an asset" action now works for all ordered collections when the asset name is accessed via binding
- Supports "=" operator for comparisons in Excel formulas
- FTPS storage connector performances have been enhanced (android only)
- Minor bug fixes
- Value converters (transform values passed from one item to another via binding)
- Customizable project styles
- 3D model support
- Updated Excel support
- Tablet orientation triggers
- Updated to Twitter feed, including support for image-based tweets
- Support for REST/XML and REST/JSON for custom interface assets
- Ability to restrict asset and collection movement to a single-axis
- "Has been active” trigger for on-screen touches within a time limit
- Major stability improvements, including multiple memory leak corrections
- Long list of annoying bugs
- Download experiences hosted on FTP servers (support FTP over ssl) works now for Android Tablets
- "Update cell" works again for Excel interface asset
- "Change content" action works for the Video and Document assets
- All Video asset triggers can now be raised
- Hidden Video asset retains interactivity after becoming visible
- "Has been entered" trigger works for a Space
- Preview Mode no longer forces a one hour time out when experiences are updated
- Improved support for interface asset data templates (.ifd files)
- Sharing queue used by all asset sharing interface assets works again
- URL-referenced images used by Image assets are no longer cached, ensuring detection of content updates- Remote actions can now be sent to Player for Windows
- New “Stop” action for videos.
- Download experiences hosted on FTP servers (support FTP over ssl) works now for iPad
- PDFs in a collection with an Open Item action associated with a resize ratio greater than 1 is fixed
- Video poster frame (time or image) is no longer reverted to its initial state when Rewind action is called
- “Reached time” trigger of a Video now works
- Maximizing a Video to full screen and then unmaximizing it will no longer cause the video to pause
- Videos in a collection can now be opened using the "Tap item to open" action
- Fixed crash affecting image optimization
- Triggers with actions whose parameters are bound to an asset in a non-loaded space asset now work
- “Change image” action now works
- Other small corrections
- Fixed issues affecting z-order (i.e. affecting placement of items along the z-axis)
- Fixed crashes due to manipulation of large images
- Fixed image optimization processing
- Fixed "Resize ratio for opened item" property for nested collections
- Fixed infinite experience loading on Player for Android
- Fixed animated "Show" and "Hide" actions
- Corrected crash linked to space-to-space transition effects
- Fixed text alignment regression
- Eliminated delay in recognition of Tapped trigger
- Visibility of audio controls are improved
- The player now works on Android tablets, staring with Android Version 4.3
- Supports hands-free experience deployment and execution via Management Console
- Supports Excel interface asset
- Improves interaction and rendering for collections within collections
- Supports folder-based collections
- Displays ghost assets inside empty indexed collections
- Introduces a new HTML5 Sandbox asset permitting freeform entry and execution of HTML
- For the Map collection
- Adds latitude and longitude coordinates to Tap and Double Tap triggers
- Adds “Set coordinates” action
- Improves image rendering on iOS 8
- Web Browser correctly displays all supported sites and can respond to the OpenURL action
- Corrects inability to show portrait-oriented experiences on the iPad mini and iPad Air
- Fixes long list of minor bugs
- Support iOS 8
- Use an external image as a poster frame for the Video asset
- Improved memory management
- Improved font rendering
- Fixed 'Previous' and 'Next' actions for a single tap on the Flip Chart collection
- Fixed scroll interaction with the Document asset
- Eliminated cropping of the Rich Text asset
- Corrected filters in the Experiences panel
- Fixed 'Animated move to' action
- Corrected crash of the Map collection
- Improved rendering of the Close button for the Document asset in Book mode
- Improved consistency of Interface Asset trigger timing and property updates
- Improve « drag to open item » feature for collections
- Fix image buttons rendering
- Improve inactivity trigger on assets and collections
- Assorted small, low level updates that will improve playback
- Supports continuous scrolling for horizontal and vertical scroll styles of the Document asset.
- Improved use of fonts for Simple & Rich Text assets.
- Corrects left and right swipe gestures for the Flip Chart collection.
- Improves reliability of experience downloads from Dropbox.
- Assorted small, low level updates that will improve playback performance.
- Map Collection: Interactive map with configurable points of interest
- Slide Show Collection: Uses the "Ken Burns effect" to display a series of images
- Updated Document Asset: Now includes the Book format
- Speed improvement: Faster Experiences panel
- Various corrections
- Image Button alignment when in an Asset Flow or Asset Grid
- Remote actions directed toward Player for Windows
- “Reload” action for a Space
- Email with attachments
- Default alignment for the Simple Text asset
- Alignment of an ellipse with its border
- "Create asset" action now places items in the foreground
- "Go to space" action referencing the current space no longer freezes Player
- Use optimized images to reduce memory footprint
- Use poster for Video assets to eliminate video load prior to play
- New look for "Connect to a Composer in Play Mode" popup
- Correction of various crashes and bugs impacting the Experiences panel
See Release Notes for Intuiface Version 4.5. All new features and updates found there apply here as well.
- in some cases an experience in portrait mode (648x1024) was not displayed full screen. Fixed
- carousel : when tapping to output an asset out the carousel, the asset appears now in top of the opened item
- it was not possible to play videos if they were hidden when starting the video. Fixed.
- several crash conditions have been fixed
- carousel : when dragging&dropping and asset out the carousel, the asset appears now in top of the opened item
- when maximizing an asset, its control buttons are no more scaled
- pdf documents memory leak was fixed
- pdf document control buttons disappeared and gestures to navigate in the document did not work. Fixed.
- text alignment for toggle buttons works now correctly when the toggle button is too narrow.
- some experience download may block. Fixed.
Older releases notes are available at Releases notes for Intuiface Version 3.x.