Each Composer and Player license key can only be active on one device at any time. However, licenses can be transferred from one device to another. This article addresses the device-to-device license transfer process.
There are no limits on device-to-device transfers for any Composer or Player license. You can move your licenses as often as you wish. However, a license can only be on one device at a time.
In Composer (an Internet connection is required) use either of the following two methods to free up a Composer license for use on another Windows PC:
- In the Experiences panel, select the Log Out button in the upper right corner.
- Select the File menu option Logout and exit.
Verify that the licensed device is connected to the web when you perform this procedure.
In addition, exclusively for the iPad and Android devices, be sure to log out of Player before releasing its license via the following process. If you don't log out, the license won't be fully released. In this case, logging into the same Player will cause a new license to be retrieved and activated, meaning more than one license can be checked out on the same device.
- Open your License Dashboard and click the Release from device link for the license you wish to release. (Click image to enlarge.)
- In the pop-up that appears
- [Optional] Select the "Add to Blacklist" checkbox for a device you want to prevent from running Intuiface experiences in the future. For example, choose this option when an employee leaves your company with a device once used to run Intuiface. (NOTE: You will not be able to undo a Blacklist selection. You will need the assistance of Intuiface Support so choose wisely.)
- Click the button "Yes" to release the license.
- On a new device, run Composer or Player.
- Activate your license on this new device.
Make sure the target device is online when you first start Composer or Player with a new license. This Web connection enables each product to communicate with our License Server.