This page includes all Intuiface Player for Tablets (iPad and Android) and Intuiface Player for Kiosks (Android, ChromeOS and Samsung SSP) release notes starting with Version 6.0.0. See also Release notes for Version 5.x.
All known limitations can be found here.
Release notes for Intuiface Composer and Player for Windows can be found here.
- Fixed an issue preventing playback on iPad devices of an experience shared using a public url .
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Bindings on an Asset name will now return the name, not the Asset’s file-path. That was an oddly specific mistake on our part.
- Fixed a bug preventing the loading of a Document Asset after using "Set content" actions with Excel as a data source.
- Fixed several issues preventing the correct functionality of our Drawing Tools.
- Fixed an issue causing the Slideshow Collection to disappear when the "Go to index" action was used.
- Use of parentheses in an Excel filename no longer prevents an experience from being loaded. NOTE: Try to stick with alphanumeric characters in file naming. Anyway, you're not as creative as you think.
- Corrected an issue preventing proper filtering of an Excel worksheet.
- Introduced new popup for Android 5.0 and above. The popup requires access to take snapshots of the screen. These snapshots are being used to monitor the device in the share and deploy console.
Preventing Intuiface Player from taking snapshots will prevent the Share and Deploy console from showing what is displayed on the device.
- Android Player is no longer blocked by a black screen when used for the very first time following installation. We called this the peek-a-boo feature but it proved unpopular.
- Fixed a bug preventing the correct functionality of an experience after leaving it for the Experiences panel. We told it not to take things so personal.
- Fixed a bug that prevented playback of a locally stored experience while being offline after updating the Player.
- Minor bug fixes
- Performance of the Experiences Panel has been dramatically improved
- The position identified by the “Drag away from" trigger has been dragged back to the correct value.
- Player got loopy after changing scenes hundreds of times in a single run if that scene navigation was triggered by an interface asset. Scene changes would occur with increasing frequency even if not called. It's more of a niche issue than it may sound but still, it's a no-no so we fixed it.
- Manually adding an Intuiface experience to an Android device had stopped working. We decided not to fix it….. Kidding! It’s fixed.
- The URL returned by TinyURL for the URL Shortener value converter generated the wrong URL. Considering that URL generation is the only reason this interface asset existed, this was a sad state of affairs. It's back to being accurate again.
- Bindings are now correctly managed for the Slideshow collection's "Display duration", Asset name and Experience name;
- 3D Model Asset controls are no longer displayed when the asset is nested in a group and hidden;
- Resources with encoded URLs are now correctly resolved;
- Sharing button is now displayed for static assets;
- HTML Frame Asset's inactivity timer is no longer raised if the asset is manipulated
Chrome OS :
- Fixed an issue preventing public url experiences from automatically launching;
- Fixed an issue in which a public url experience removed the license on ChromeOS devices.
- Various minor corrections
- iPad: Drag-and-drop works again on iOS 11 (a thumbnail is no longer created by the OS)
- We've changed the company name from IntuiLab to Intuiface. Yes, the whole company's name has changed. Our guess is some of you thought our name already was Intuiface with so there won't be much of an adjustment period. However, you may get a kick out of our new logo. What's the logo's most distinguishing characteristic? It says Intuiface!
- Minor fixes
- Corrected issue preventing Player from consistently communicating with the Share and Deploy Console
- A video can now be used for the background of a scene or the experience as a whole (using the "Background" property)
- Enhanced rendering of PDF documents accessed through an interface asset
- Improved error messages when an incorrect time zone is detected
- Cover of a Document Asset can now be hidden
- Document Assets set with a "Book" style now have a correct size after being detached from a collection.
Chrome OS :
- Fixed an issue preventing the loading of an experience that references an Excel spreadsheet containing specific Excel formulas.
- Dates loaded through th eExcel Interface Asset are now correctly displayed.
- Detached documents (Ex: tap to open) from within a DataFeed Collection are now correctly rendered
- Collection detached items no longer disappear from the scene when re-manipulating a scroll-able collection
- Fixed a bug preventing functionality of Call URL actions with parameters bound to Global Variables using Binding Converters
- Improved "Scroll direction" constraints management of Scroll Collection
- Other minor bug fixes
- Added support for Web Triggers API.
- Improved 3D Model support
- Enhanced REST Web API support
- Improved memory management of Excel Interface Assets
- Added "Delete all rows" function for Excel Interface Assets
- Expence Started" and "Experience Stopped" data points are now optional and thus can be disabled when using the data tracking feature. It's only two data points so this isn't a big deal in the scheme of things but a couple of you asked for this and, well, why not?
- Added support for touch point coordinates relative to all types of interaction.
- Several Bug fixes and improvements.
Chrome OS and Tizen: Fixed an issue preventing the update of an already downloaded experience.
- Fixed excel-update deployment problem. Excel files are now updated after performing a remote deployment of an experience on a Kiosk device.
- Other minor bug fixes
- Fixed Excel issue that appeared following the release of Microsoft Excel 16.10, Build 1802. This issue had prevented the display of content
- Android: Login on forced vertical (portrait-oriented) screens is now possible
- Other minor bug fixes
- If the device is offline, Share via E-mail Hosted will now cache emails and send them as soon as the device comes back online.
- User activity is now managed in the Web Browser. For example, the ":Link is clicked" trigger is now taken into consideration.
- iPAD: Corrected related issues impacting the Text Input Asset. The cursor will no longer automatically jump from one Text Input Asset to another.
- Samsung Tizen Fixed an issue preventing login on certain displays
- Renaming a device in the Share and Deploy console will also change the name of that device in Player itself. This name is visible by clicking the "About" button in Player's Experiences panel
- Visual effects - blur, sepia, grayscale, hue rotation, brightness - can now be applied to shapes
- A variety of minor bug corrections
- Enhanced 3D model support;
- New HTML Asset - Display CSS-enabled HTML content directly within Intuiface Player;
- Added Player Settings option in the Experiences Panel - Disable shake-to-quit behavior;
- Various bug fix.
- The Marketplace tab is no longer displayed in licensed Players.
- Font rendering is much improved and consistent across all supported operating systems.
- The memory footprint of large images is now reduced, improving experience stability without decreasing image quality.
- Samsung SSP The Player for Kiosks license on the Samsung SSP is now retained when Player is restarted (e.g. after device reboot or Player update). Now, when a licensed Player is restarted, the login panel no longer appears.
- iPad Eliminated cases in which Player freezes when loading an experience containing multiple interface assets.
- Webcam asset is functional again (Android only)
- Buttons and links are now functional in the Web Browser asset
- Fixed various excel formula and filtering related issues
- Video/YouTube-Video with “autoplay” behavior enabled will no longer play when hidden or if the containing collection is hidden;
- Fixed an issue preventing the manipulation of a Scroll Collection after a hide/show action;
- Fixed an issue that prevented Drag and Drop triggers from firing correctly after a scene to scene navigation.
- When a file is missing, Player will display the path used to located it
- Support download of content from FTP-based storage that does not support MLST
- Android: requires now at least Android 4.4
- iPad: Launching Player when iPad is oriented in portrait mode now works
- ChromeOS: Corrected experience loading issues when the experience uses Excel formulas and date data
- Tizen: Downloading experiences containing media files bigger than approximately 50MB now works.
- Player can now access to the camera (from within a HTML greybox)
- Better tiering definition for Kiosks/Tablets licenses
- Minor bug fixes
- Added support for Android 7
- Minor bug fixes
- Tizen Player correctly displays the Login screen on Portrait oriented displays
- Alternate Player for Kiosk/Tizen is now available for tizen display without touch layer. This Player enables the mouse on such display.
- Supports the introduction of experience layers and experience triggers
- Fixes a variety of minor issue