This page includes the release notes for
- Share and Deploy console
- API Explorer
- Hosted services
- Intuiface licensing model
- User and account management
Updates are listed by month and, within each month, chronologically with the most recent enhancements at the top.
- User and Account Management:
- We've launched a beta version of the Intuiface Audit Trail, available exclusively for Enterprise-level accounts. The audit trail is a historical record of all security-related actions connected to account access, product licensing, and experience usage, sharing, and deployment.
- The Protected Player for Android has been placed on our Installer Downloads page for added convenience.
- Intuiface and Sightcorp co-launch the Audience Analytics Bundle, a runtime bundle of Intuiface Player, Intuiface Analytics, and Sightcorp DeepSight - i.e. everything you need to run Intuiface experiences reacting to and measuring audiences in front of a display.
- Analytics: Enabled the usage of local time in charts - e.g. to show the number of sessions between 9am and 10am for every covered time zone.
- Share and Deploy
- The geographic location of the Amazon S3 bucket used to store a published Intuiface experience is now displayed in the Storage Configuration panel.
- Primary Accounts can now share Secondary Account experiences with other Intuiface accounts.
- Player licensing: We've introduced three new Player activation options. Two are keyboard-free options: use of a QR code or activation code with a handheld device. The third is a batch activation option in which any number of Players can be instructed to self-activate.
- Player Licensing: Introduced new Non-Interactive Player. Intended for Intuiface projects dedicated to traditional, broadcast-like digital signage. It is half the cost of the regular Player and it excludes all human-machine and machine-machine interaction options aside from data connections via Web APIs.
- Share & Deploy: Player on BrightSign can now be upgraded and downgraded using the Player Details view accessed via the Share & Deploy Console. Formerly, remote Player version changes were only possible with Player on Windows.
- Account Management: Intuiface account holders can now automate the process of changing the account's email address.
- Intuiface Analytics: Secondary account data collected using Intuiface Analytics can now be downloaded into Excel by the primary account. Formerly, only data collected by primary account experiences could be downloaded.
- Share & Deploy: We've introduced deployment scheduling, meaning you can now pre-select dates, times, and frequencies for remote deployment and other Player services. Works with both online and offline Players. Also includes an update to our Share and Deploy API enabling the use of 3rd party UIs.
- Intuiface Analytics: We've added Player Tags and Secondary Accounts to the list of available parameters, meaning you can filter by any set of tags or secondary accounts. Anyone deploying to multiple Players or managing multiple accounts will be using this enhancement!
- Intuiface Analytics: Introducing Gauge Charts! Use them to compare an actual value to a max or target value. Multiple visualization options exist. Styles include bar, circle, and linear.
- Player Licensing: First update to Player packaging and pricing in 7+ years.
- Intuiface Analytics: New set of chart options enabling you to control how values should be formatted, how often the chart should update, and how lines (if used) should be drawn.
- API Explorer:
- (fix) We've put back the button used to create path parameters on the fly. It took a holiday without asking.
- (fix) Body parameters were not being saved so they went missing when reopening an Interface Asset in API Explorer. Fixed!
- Intuiface Analytics: Single value charts, probably the most powerful chart type for tracking KPI performance in your project dashboard.
- Intuiface Analytics: Introducing a complete solution for transforming any interactive experience into an essential KPI resource. It takes our existing data collection capabilities and adds a brand new Charts & Dashboards feature.
- What's new?
- Powerful yet easy to adopt chart creation capabilities. Simple drag-and-drop approach to chart and filter creation. Includes 30+ chart styles and multiple configuration options for telling a story with data.
- Agile dashboarding for chart organization and sharing. Organize charts by dashboard, sharing them via URL or embeddable iframe. use for real-time insight or as snapshots in time. Customize with your own logo.
- Extensive chart template library and demo data sets. For most of us, analytics is an unfamiliar skill. We've created 15+ chart templates and extensive demo data sets so you can experiment and gain experience.
- Simplified packaging and licensing. Just three annual and one manual option to choose from. All support unlimited data point collection. Plans with dashboard support permit unlimited chart creation.
- What's already available with Intuiface Analytics?
- Define, collect and send data about every touch event, user detail and environmental context (like city, time, weather) across deployments of any size
- Forward data to any of 150+ analytics/marketing/data warehouse platforms including Excel and Google Analytics.
- Automatic event detection, offline data point storage, scalable Amazon AWS infrastructure, no need for tracking codes, and much more
- Hosted Services: Eliminated cause of false outage reports on the Intuiface cloud status website.
- Hosted Services: A Share and Deploy API permits access to information about active Players and published experiences. It's a popular request from customers writing their own device and deployment management software.
- Hosted Services: Determine the real-time availability of all cloud-hosted Intuiface services using our cloud status website.
- Share and Deploy: We increased the rendering speed of the Share and Deploy console, increasing how quickly even the longest list of published experiences and active Players takes to appear.
- Share and Deploy: Additional information is now available, like experience launch date-time and last Intuiface account to publish an experience update.
- Hosted Services: Released a brand new Web Triggers API enabling any third party platform to talk to Intuiface. Interactive API documentation lays out all the details. This supplements our out-of-the-box support for IFTTT and Zapier.
- Hosted Services: A new credential keys management page enables you to create and manage keys used to identify your Intuiface account when using various services like the Web Triggers API and Intuiface Analytics. See our credential keys article for details.
- API Explorer: Enhancements include error detection and support for complex JSON bodies.
- Hosted Services: For those with Premier or Enterprise-level accounts, the Share by Email - Hosted interface asset
- no longer inserts the following sentence at the end of the email: "Sent from an interactive experience built using Intuiface."
- now caches emails - with or without attachments - when an Internet connection is not present. Reattempts are made every 30 seconds and there is no limit on the number of reattempts.
- Management Console: BONUS! We've overhauled the design of Management Console. Welcome to the modern world, MC. (Some of you old timers may remember Management Console as the "My Intuiface" website.)
- API Explorer: Added support for the REST verbs PUT, PATCH, DELETE
- Share and Deploy: Enterprise-level accounts are now notified by email when a device running Player goes offline or returns online.
- Share and Deploy: Specific devices with expired Player licenses can be targeted for license renewal.
- API Explorer: Improved management of requests sent to intranet-hosted (i.e. local) servers that cannot be accessed by the server-hosted portion of API Explorer
- API Explorer: Brand new tutorial introducing concepts of Web APIs and tips for using API Explorer
- API Explorer: Properties containing HTML content are now displayed in Composer using the HTML Asset
- Analytics: Logs now include device nickname as defined in the Share and Deploy console.
- Share and Deploy: Improved performance on the Deploy tab for both the Experiences and Players detailed views
- Share and Deploy: Added ability to sort Players by the name of the running experiences
- Share and Deploy: The status of an experience shared with Write privileges is now displayed in the Experience Details view
- Share and Deploy: The name of a device running Player can be replaced with a nickname in the Player Details view
- API Explorer: It is now possible to specify a port number when configuring Intuiface to use an FTP site for storing published experiences
- API Explorer: Improved usability of the Tags section in the Player Details view, including support of the Tab key for validating a tag
- Licensing: Both Premier and Enterprise-level primary accounts can share their Composer licenses with secondary accounts
- Share and Deploy: Added "Online" and "Offline" filters to the Player listing
- API Explorer: Added support for Web APIs with self-signed certificates
- API Explorer: New Web API examples: New York Times, Wunderground, Star Wars, Reuters
- API Explorer: New "Help" panel is displayed when request URLs fail to generate a response. Includes assistance for locating API documentation and contacting support.
- API Explorer: Publication of article Beginners Guide to Web Service APIs.
- API Explorer: Automatic insertion of
http://if not present in the request URL.
- Share and Deploy: Ability to filter Players based on whether they are currently online or offline.
- Share and Deploy: System logs can now be downloaded into an Excel file.
- Share and Deploy: Status of Marketplace submissions are now listed on the Marketplace tab of a given experience.