The performance of Intuiface depends very much on the type of deployment, the type of content you use, and the hardware capability of your presentation platform. For example, interactive experiences using high-definition videos and other demanding content likely require CPU/GPU/RAM power and significant hard drive speed to ensure smooth performance.
For web and Progressive Web App deployments
We have validated the following platforms as supporting web and Progressive Web App deployments:
You must use Chrome or a Chromium-based browser using Chromium Version 87 or later.
For in-venue deployments
The rest of this article is about in-venue deployments, deployments in which Intuiface Player is installed on a device.
If you have the luxury to build your own Windows system - or at least some budget freedom - the following lists, in descending order of importance (i.e. starts with the most important), improvements you can make to optimize performance.
- SSD (Solid State Drive) instead of an HDD (Hard Disk Drive)
- High-performance CPU
- High-performance, CPU-independent GPU (nVidia or AMD).
- 8GB RAM, especially for Composer, in anticipation that it will be used at the same time as other programs, like image editing software
Finally, regardless of your PC's specs, ensure your computer has been set to a Full Performance power plan. Budget power plans will, by definition, throttle back performance.
These minimums apply to experiences of medium complexity and on FullHD displays. To maximize performance, exceed them as much as your budget will allow.
- Operating System:
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows 11, 64-bit
- This does not include the Microsoft Surface Hub, which can only run Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications. Intuiface Composer and Player are not UWP applications.
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows 11 IoT Enterprise
- Will not work with Windows 10 or Windows 11 IoT Core
- For macOS, use Boot Camp or virtual machine software like Parallels to run Windows OS on the Mac.
NOTE: With Parallels, at least 4GB must be assigned to the virtual machine.
- Microsoft Windows 10 and Windows 11, 64-bit
- Intel® Core i5 4th generation (or an equivalent AMD processor) or above
- Intel® Core i3 8th generation (8109U) or above.
- Intel® Celeron, Pentium, and ATOM processors are insufficient
- 8 GB for Composer
- 4 GB for Player (or 6GB if using an integrated Graphics Card)
- Graphics Card
- 1 GB RAM
- AMD or nVidia recommended
- Use of an integrated Intel HD Graphics GPU embedded within at least the 5th generation Core i7 or Core i5 may be enough. In this case, RAM should be raised to a minimum of 6GB.
- True Color (32-bit) mode required
- SSD (Solid State Drive) at least 120GB
- Use Chrome or Chrome-based web browsers for deployment to the web or as an app on personal mobile devices.
- Windows RT (also named Windows 8 RT) is not supported.
- Keep in mind that some Windows tablets use the ARM-based Windows RT operating system while others use the Windows 10 operating system. Intuiface supports the latter, not the former.
- Windows 10 IoT Core is not supported due to UWP restrictions.
Your iPad should run iPadOS 11 or later, regardless of the model.
Player performance improves with each iPad version due to improved hardware (CPU) and OS performance. As a result, always use the best-equipped iPad at your disposal.
Based on their release dates and, thus, CPU power, the following are our recommended iPad models. All are characterized by their use of the Lightning connector:
- iPad Pro (Any model) - Great performance
- iPad (2017) - Good performance
- iPad Air2 - model not tested - Medium performance predicted
- See below for any device released after the editions listed above, with reservations regarding the iPad Mini.
Player for iPad also runs on the following iPads, but performance is subpar compared to that of the recommended versions:
- iPad Mini4 - model not tested - Medium performance predicted
- iPad Mini3 - model not tested - Medium performance predicted
- iPad Air (5th Generation) - Medium performance
- iPad Mini2 - Below optimal
Avoid using any iPad version inferior to iPad 4th generation as the performance of those older devices is insufficient to run Intuiface Player adequately.
On Android, Intuiface Player has the following device requirements
- Running Android Version 5 or later.
- With a screen at least a 7" diagonal; this excludes all phones and most "phablets".
- ARM: ARMv7-A or higher.
- Intel: x86-based CPU.
- 4GB RAM or more
- Devices based on the Rockchip RK3188 series or below are not supported. If you need to use such devices, ensure proper 3D and video rendering tests are performed before deployment. For the Rockchip line of processors, use the RK3288 series or later.
For reference, the following devices perform well:
- Google Nexus9 - 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 Dual Denver processor at 2.3GHz
Samsung Tab S - Exynos™ 5 Octa (1.9Ghz Quadcore + 1.3 GHz Quadcore)
- Take a look at our benchmark tests for more details.
Any Chromebook, Chromebox, or Chromebase.
Minimum Specifications for BrightSign devices
Requires OS Version 8.5 of the BrightSign OS (firmware) at minimum.
NOTE: BrightSign no longer sells all Series 3 and some Series 4 devices.
The following models have been validated:
- Series 5
- Series 4
- Model XT4: XT244, XT1144, and XT1144-T
- Model XD4: XD234 and XD1034
- Series 3
- Model XT3: XT1143
We recommend installation of the latest BrightSign OS (firmware) available for download. You can download the appropriate firmware for your device from the page below:
- Supported devices
- Samsung SSP running TizenOS Version 6.5 or later
- Unsupported devices
- Tizen-based Samsung TVs
- Samsung Kiosk
More information is available in this article.
Minimum Specifications for Raspberry Pi devices
Requires Raspberry Pi OS Version 4 or later.
The inherent nature of Raspberry Pi devices is to be equipped with modest processing power, so the level of Intuiface experience complexity may need to be limited.