The performance of Intuiface very much depends on the type of content you use and the hardware capability of your presentation platform. For example, interactive experiences using high definition videos and other demanding content likely require CPU/GPU/RAM power and significant hard drive speed to ensure smooth performance.
If you have the luxury to build your own Windows system - or at least some budget freedom - the following lists, in descending order of importance (i.e. starts with the more important), improvements you can make to optimize performance.
- SSD (Solid State Drive) instead of a HDD (Hard Disk Drive)
- High performance CPU
- High performance, CPU-independent GPU (nVidia or AMD).
- 8GB RAM, especially for the Composer in anticipation that it will be used at the same time as other programs, like image editing software
Finally, regardless of your PC's specs, make sure your computer has been set to a Full Performance power plan. Budget power plans will, by definition, throttle back performance.
These are minimums which apply for experience of medium complexity and on fullHD display. To maximize performance, exceed them as much as your budget will allow.
- Operating System:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 8.1, 64-bit
- Microsoft Windows 10, 64-bit
- This does not include the Microsoft Surface Hub which can only run Universal Windows Platform (UWP) applications. Intuiface Composer and Player are not UWP applications.
- For MacOS, use Boot Camp or virtual machine software like Parallels. NB: with parallels at least 4GB must be assigned to the virtual machine.
- Intel® Core i5 4th generation (or an equivalent AMD processor)
- Intel® Core i3 8th generation (8109U) or above.
- Intel® Celeron, Pentium and ATOM processors are insufficient
- 8 GB for Composer
- 4 GB for Player (or 6GB if using an integrated Graphics Card)
- Graphics Card
- 1 GB RAM
- AMD, nVidia recommended
- Use of an integrated Intel HD Graphics GPU embedded within at least the 5th generation Core i7 or Core i5 may be enough. In this case, RAM should be at least 6GB
- True Color (32 bit) mode required
- SSD (Solid State Drive) at least 120GB
- Windows RT (also named Windows 8 RT) is not supported.
- Keep in mind that some Windows tablets use the ARM-based Windows RT operating system while others use the Intel-based Windows 8.1 or Windows 10 operating system. The latter are supported by Intuiface, the former are not.
- Windows 10 IoT Core/Enterprise are not supported due to ARM and UWP restrictions.
- 32-bit Windows 7, 8.1 and 10 can technically be used but we recommend the 64-bit versions.
Regardless of the model, your iPad should be running iOS 10 or later. While iOS 9 is supported, we have no longer the means of testing Intuiface Player on this platform.
Player performance improves with each iPad version due to improved hardware (CPU) and OS performance. As a result, always use the best equipped iPad at your disposal.
Based on their release dates and thus CPU power, the following are our recommended iPad models. All are characterized by use of the Lightning connector:
- iPad Pro (Any model) - Great performance
- iPad (2017) - Good performance
- iPad Air2 - model not tested - Medium performance predicted
- Any device released after the editions listed above, with reservations regarding the iPad Mini - see below.
Player for iPad also runs on the following iPads but performance is subpar compared to that of the recommended versions:
- iPad Mini4 - model not tested - Medium performance predicted
- iPad Mini3 - model not tested - Medium performance predicted
- iPad Air (5th Generation) - Medium performance
- iPad Mini2 - Below optimal
- iPad 4 - Below optimal
Avoid using any iPad version inferior to iPad 4th generation as the performance of those older devices is not sufficient to adequately run Intuiface Player.
On Android, Intuiface Player has the following device requirements
- Running Android Version 5.0 or later.
- Android Version 4.4 only runs with Player 6.3 or earlier versions.
- With a screen at least 7" in diagonal; this excludes all phones and most "phablets".
- ARM: ARMv7-A or higher.
- Intel: x86-based CPU.
- Devices based on the Rockchip RK3188 series or below are not supported. If you need to use such devices make sure proper tests of 3D and video rendering are performed before deployment. For the Rockchip line of processors, use the RK3288 series or later.
For reference, the following devices perform well:
- Google Nexus9 - 64-bit NVIDIA Tegra K1 Dual Denver processor at 2.3GHz
Samsung Tab S - Exynos™ 5 Octa (1.9Ghz Quadcore + 1.3 Ghz Quadcore)
- Take a look at our benchmark tests for more details.
The choice between Player for Kiosks and Player for Tablets is determined by the following:
- If the screen has a diagonal larger than 13.5 inches (34.3cm), use Player for Kiosks
- If the screen has a diagonal at or smaller than 13.5 inches (34.3cm)
- ...and the device is manufactured by Samsung, Sony, Acer, Asus, Lenovo, Huawei, HTC, OnePlus or Motorola - then use Player for Tablets
- ...otherwise, use Player for Kiosks
Any Chromebook, Chromebox or Chromebase.
Intuiface Player for Kiosks can run on any Samsung SSP 4.0, SSP 5.0, and SSP 6.0 devices. See SSSP supported hardware for more info.
Player for Kiosks can run on any LG Smart Signage device running webOS Version 3.x and 4.x (i.e. all releases of Version 3 and Version 4). This includes LG's interactive smart signage displays like the IR-based TA3E Series and the PCAP-based TC3D Integrated Digital Board. LG Smart TVs are NOT supported.