To prevent license abuse - e.g. use of the same Intuiface license on more than one device at the same time - both Composer and Player communicate with Intuiface's license server on a periodic basis. The frequency of this communication is determined by the license type.
Frequency of Internet access by license type
The following list identifies how often each license type requires Internet access in order to communicate with the Intuiface license server.
- All Composer Editions: Upon license activation and when upgrading to a new version.
- Composer Free: Every time it is launched and every time Play Mode is entered.
- Composer Essential or Premier, annual: At least once in any stretch of 30 days.
- Composer Enterprise: On the subscription renewal date, whether it's for a one month, one year, or multi-year subscription.
- Version 5 Composer license:
- Composer Pro, annual: At least once in any stretch of 30 days
- Composer Enterprise, month-to-month and annual: At the start of each renewed subscription period, whether it's one month or one year.
- Composer Enterprise, perpetual: No additional checks
Player (all supported platforms)
- Upon license activation and when upgrading to a new version.
- In addition
- Player Free: Every time it is launched.
- Player, all subscription durations: On the subscription renewal date, whether it's for a one month, one year, or multi-year subscription.
- Player, perpetual: No additional checks. Only Player for Windows is available as a perpetual license.
What to tell your IT Security team
License information and all other data are transmitted over Port 443 to sub-domains of
intuiface.com, i.e. to the URLs