Upgrades of a Platform subscription from lower to higher tiers can be performed directly through the License Dashboard. This article discusses the available upgrade options and how to perform them.
- Upgrades from monthly to annual subscriptions cannot be performed online. We recommend simply canceling renewal of the monthly license, using up the remainder of that monthly subscription, then purchasing an annual license.
- Only licenses set to auto-renew can be upgraded. If you have canceled auto-renewal for a given license, that license can no longer be upgraded.
The cost to upgrade is the cost of the higher tier Platform less the value of unused days for the original subscription - aka the "upgrade discount". The result is a new Platform subscription good for a full 12 months.
The renewal cost of an upgraded Platform subscription is not discounted.
- Platform Essential -> Platform Premier or Platform Enterprise
- Platform Premier -> Platform Enterprise
- Open your License Dashboard
- At the top of this page, click the link specific to the tier you are targeting for the upgrade.
- If more than one upgrade option is available, select the one you prefer. The higher tier Platform will be added to your shopping cart and discounted (referred to as the "Upgrade discount") by an amount whose value is determined by the process discussed above.
- Complete your purchase.
Imagine you wish to upgrade from Platform Essential to Platform Premier on 25-July-2022:
- You will be charged for a new annual Platform Premier subscription starting 25-July-22 and for a duration of 12 months. Cost: New_Tier_Cost
- You will get an "Upgrade discount" based on the number of unused days for your Platform Essential subscription
- Assume a Platform Essential purchase on 10-May-2022 for an amount of Original_Tier_Cost.
- By upgrading on 25-July, your subscription will have 288 unused days, from 25-July-2022 through 9-May-2023.
- In this case, your Upgrade discount will equal Original_Tier_Cost * (288/365)
- The total upgrade cost charged to your credit card will be the difference between the New_Tier_Cost and the Upgrade discount. Your annual Platform Premier subscription will begin on 25-July-2022 and last 12 months.
- If VAT applies to your purchase, you will be charged the regular VAT on the Platform Premier subscription minus the VAT on the refund.
- The renewal cost of an upgraded Platform subscription is not discounted.
- When you are performing an upgrade, you cannot add another purchase to your cart. If you wish to buy another item, please make a separate purchase.
- The subscription for the original Platform is automatically canceled on the day of the upgrade.
- The upgraded subscription will be billed every year until canceled, like any other subscription.