The process for upgrading from a lower to a higher Platform tier is performed on the Pricing page. This article details the upgrade process.
- Upgrades from monthly to annual subscriptions cannot be performed online. We recommend canceling renewal of the monthly license, using up the remainder of that monthly subscription, then purchasing an annual license.
- Only Platforms set to auto-renew can be upgraded. If you cancel auto-renewal for your Platform subscription, it can no longer be upgraded.
The cost to upgrade is the cost of the higher tier Platform less the value of unused days for the original subscription - aka the "upgrade discount". The result is a new Platform subscription good for a full 12 months from the day of the upgrade.
The renewal cost of an upgraded Platform subscription is not discounted.
- Platform Essential -> Platform Premier or Platform Enterprise
- Platform Premier -> Platform Enterprise
- Log into your Intuiface account and visit the Pricing page.
- Scroll to the Platform Plans section. Note the "Upgrade" button for higher-tier plans.
- Click the "Upgrade" button for your preferred plan. This higher-tier Platform plan will be added to your shopping cart and discounted (referred to as the "Upgrade discount") by an amount whose value is determined by the process discussed above.
- Complete your purchase.
Imagine you wish to upgrade from Platform Essential, purchased 9-May-2022, to Platform Premier on 25-July-2022:
- You will be charged for a new annual Platform Premier subscription starting 25-July-22 and for a duration of 12 months. Cost: New_Tier_Cost
- You will get an "Upgrade discount" based on the number of unused days for your Platform Essential subscription
- Assume a Platform Essential purchase on 10-May-2022 for an amount of Original_Tier_Cost.
- By upgrading on 25-July, your subscription will have 288 unused days, from 25-July-2022 through 9-May-2023.
- In this case, your Upgrade discount will equal Original_Tier_Cost * (288/365)
- The total upgrade cost charged to your credit card will be the difference between the New_Tier_Cost and the Upgrade discount. Your annual Platform Premier subscription will begin on 25-July-2022 and last 12 months.
- If VAT applies to your purchase, you will be charged the regular VAT on the Platform Premier subscription minus the VAT on the refund.
- The renewal cost of an upgraded Platform subscription is not discounted.
- When you are performing an upgrade, you cannot add another purchase to your cart. If you wish to buy another item, please make a separate purchase.
- The original platform's subscription is automatically canceled on the day of the upgrade.
- The upgraded subscription will be billed yearly until canceled, like any other subscription.