NOTE: This article concerns Intuiface Player on the Tizen-based Samsung SMART Signage Platform (aka the Samsung SSP). Although Tizen can also be found on Samsung TVs, Intuiface only supports SMART Signage displays.
The capacity of the Samsung SSP to 1) manage a large number of graphics in a single Intuiface scene and 2) keep in memory large graphic media files, is equivalent to that of a modestly powered Windows PC. As a result, an Intuiface experience that performs well on a Windows PC might act sluggish on the SSP.
We highly recommend the following:
- Minimize the file size of graphic media. For example, a 4k Ultra HD video on the SSP will consume an enormous amount of system RAM, risking serious performance issues.
- Keep it simple. Because the Samsung SSP is not built to handle large amounts of graphic media and data processing, favor the creation of simple experiences.
- Test often. Play Mode in Composer does not reproduce the resource limitations of the SSP. You must run your experience on the SSP in order to assess its true performance quality.
- Review the rest of this page to be sure you are acquainted with all limitations. Player for Windows offers a superset of capability over Player for Samsung SSP. This difference will narrow over time, but at the moment, not every design option is available for use on tablets.
Please check that your SSSP is compliant with Intuiface Player in this section.
Certain Intuiface capabilities available on Player for Windows will never be available on Player for SSSP because the underlying technology is not supported by the tablet operating system:
- Websites that require a same-origin policy.
The Web Browser Asset can only display websites that permit cross-origin resource sharing - i.e. that don't require a same-origin policy. If you attempt to load a website requiring a same-origin policy, the Web Browser asset will display an error message stating the connection was "refused" due to "X-Frame-Options". Most public websites (such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, ...) require the same-origin policy and cannot be displayed in Player on Samsung SMART Signage. Sites like these may be accessed through the use of embeddable code placed within the HTML Frame Asset instead.
Please check the general Limtaitons of Player
The following capabilities are not yet part of Intuiface Player for SSSP but may be added in future releases:
- Share via Email - Configurable (i.e. using your own SMTP server)
- Helix collection
- Timeline collection
- (Microsoft) Deep Zoom asset
- Experiences published to an FTP/FTPS site cannot be downloaded.
- Only supports Brightness and Grayscale effects.
- Video Asset
- A maximum of 3 videos can be played simultaneously
- Video nested inside an HTML asset cannot be manipulated
- Rendering issues might be observed when manipulating (rotate, pinch to zoom) a playing Video Asset
- Webcam Asset
- Web Browser Asset
- Web pages containing Web Camera are not supported
- Web Broweser cannot display PDF files.
- Web Browser's "disable scroll" property
- Web Pages containing PDF files will not be loaded.
- Websites with "Infinite Scroll" functionality are not supported.
- Web pages displaying 3D models using Three.js will not load the 3D model when used through the Web Browser asset.