Intuiface supports the following image formats: .WebP, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .bmp, and .gif.
You can either:
- import an image from your hard drive by either drag & dropping it from File Explorer or using the Import Content button in the Content Library, or
- reference, rather than import, an image by entering its file path or Web URL in the Image property of the Image Asset (see image below)
Imported image files are automatically copied by Composer into your Intuiface project's file structure. As a result, there is no need to store a separate copy of each image on the devices hosting Player.
Referenced image files must have paths/URLs that are universally consistent from one device to the next to ensure successful deployment across multiple devices.
- To minimize the occurrence of high memory consumption experiences, both Intuiface Composer and Player implement an automatic resizing mechanism to optimize the amount of RAM consumed by any given image.
- You may notice a brief blurring effect as you increase or decrease the size of an image.
- The underlying image is not affected; the original, full resolution image is stored in your experience. Only the visual representation of that image - and thus the amount of RAM used to store that image - is impacted in Composer and Player.
- To minimize the physical size - i.e. disk space used - of your experiences, you are encouraged to reduce the pixel density of images to a size no larger than necessary.
- Adding a true color 3500x3500 image to a scene and resizing it to 600x600 does not change the fact that a 3500x3500 image will be stored on disk. You are better off resizing your large image to the size you require BEFORE adding it into the experience. The result is an experience that may take up significantly less disk space.
- Open source tools like Gimp or Light Image Resizer can be used to process your images before importing them in Intuiface.
- If you don't need transparency in your image, e.g. for a background, use the JPG format as it will take up less space than a PNG.
Starting with Intuiface Version 5.6, animated GIF images are supported across all Intuiface platforms, with or without transparency (i.e. with or without an alpha channel).
For non-looping animated GIFs, like the one below, you can force the animation to restart by calling the Show action (using any trigger of your choice) of the corresponding Image asset, even if the GIF is already visible.
NOTE: Animated GIFs are automatically converted to non animated GIFs if the file's resolution is above 2 Megapixels.
See our list of common properties for details about properties shared by all asset types.
- Show sharing button check if this asset can be added to the sharing queue
- Show drawing tools If true, a button will be displayed in the image at runtime (or preview) so that the user will be able to open the drawing tools. In addition, if true, the following properties will appear.
- Available colors Add, delete, reorder and modify the colors that will be available in the drawing palette at runtime.
- Available widths Add, delete, reorder and modify the stroke widths that will be available in the drawing palette at runtime. You are limited to a maximum of 4 widths in the drawing tool.
- Show drawing grid If selected, a grid will be displayed when drawing mode is activated
- Show drawing mode label If selected, text will be displayed on the upper left corner of the image while in drawing mode.
- Drawing mode label text Text that will be displayed in the upper left corner of the image, while in drawing mode, if the Show drawing mode label option is selected.
- Erase All label text Confirmation text displayed after the user presses the Erase all button in the drawing palette while in drawing mode. If blank then no message will be displayed.
- Drawing mode mask Set color and opacity of an overlay displayed while in drawing mode. Set opacity to 0 if you don't want a mask to be displayed.
NOTE: For the list of available Drawing Mode actions, see the page How to Work with the Drawing Tool.
- Is added into sharing queue: Raised when this item is added in sharing queue
- Is removed from sharing queue: Raised when this item is removed from sharing queue
- Snapshot is taken: - Raised when a snapshot of this item is taken
The screenshot below illustrates triggers specific to the Image Asset (click to zoom)
- Change image: Replace current content with hte new content located at a specified URI.
Note: For the Change Image action, you can use one of the following:
- a full path on the target computer. Ex:
- a web URL. Ex:
- a link to any image in the Content Library of your experience. Use the following path:
player://data/Images/Image.pngto use the image
- NOTE: This notation must be manually entered while in Composer's Edit Mode. It cannot be set dynamically through binding.
The screenshot below illustrates the action specific to the Image Asset (click to zoom)
- The Exif orientation information is not taken into account. This means that some images imported in Intuiface will be displayed with the original orientation of the camera that took the picture.
- Using distant Image Sources with WebP images is not supported