Quividi is the leading reference in automated, anonymous audience measurement for digital signage. Their proprietary face detection and analysis technology counts signage viewers, accurately measures their dwell and attention times, estimates their gender and age ranges, and measures their distance and position from the display.
The Quividi Vidi Client interface asset enables collected demographic and engagement statistics to be combined with Intuiface's analytic data capture of on-screen selections and location-based information. This first-of-its-kind solution delivers two key benefits:
- the ability to automatically adapt content - in real-time - to the demographics of the audience. For example, using gender detection to determine which clothing line to promote
- deep, statistics-based insight about users and their biases. For example, identifying the preferences - based on onscreen selections - of different genders, ages, location and other user and environmental factors.
All Quividi statistics are available through binding - as explained below - and many can be used to trigger any action available in Intuiface, including the data tracking Log event action to enable offline analysis.
To evaluate this combined solution, you will need:
- Intuiface Composer (any edition)
- a demo version of VidiReports software from Quividi. Request it directly at http://www.quividi.com
- a standard Windows-compliant webcam
- the Quividi Sample experience available free for download in the "Samples" tab of Composer's Experiences panel (or directly downloadable from the Intuiface Marketplace)
Note: In this sample, the product images have been added manually. You could also work with dynamic collections populated at runtime thanks to the use of data templates and perhaps an Excel-based data source.
Download and run VidiReports. A demo version can be requested at the website http://www.quividi.com
Then, on the same PC, download the Quividi Sample experience in Composer. This experience contains the VidiClient interface asset. This interface asset connects to the VidiReports software that is running on your machine and processing information sent by your webcam. You can configure the VidiClient IA using its Properties; it will inform your experience of visitor activity via its triggers.
- Server host: The IP address of the VidiReports server. It should be the same machine as the one running your Composer / Player, thus 127.0.0.1 (localhost).
- Server port: The port used by the Web sockets of the VidiReports server, 2974 by default.
- Activate debug log: Check this property if you want to receive additional debug messages in your experience.
The properties below are read-only, meaning you can only access them through binding. They are the source of information passed along to the Analytics interface asset.
- Current count: The current number of viewers detected by VidiReports
- Debug log: The additional debug messages (filled only if the Activate debug log property is enabled)
- Current viewers: the list of current viewers, with the following properties for each
- ID: viewer unique identifier
- Gender: viewer detected gender. Can be male / female / unknown
- Age range: viewer detected age range. Can be child / young / adult / senior / unknown
- Normalized X position: viewer head X position in the webcam image, normalized between 0 and 1. Use a multiply converter if you want to display it on your screen.
- Normalized Y position: viewer head Y position in the webcam image, normalized between 0 and 1. Use a multiply converter if you want to display it on your screen.
- Normalized width position: viewer head width in the webcam image, normalized between 0 and 1. Use a multiply converter if you want to represent it on your screen.
- Normalized height position: viewer head height in the webcam image, normalized between 0 and 1. Use a multiply converter if you want to represent it on your screen.
- Estimated distance: viewer distance from the camera.
Use the triggers below to:
- Dynamically change the experience content presented to your viewer, e.g.:
- Switch from an attract loop to the main menu of your experience when the presence of a viewer is detected
- Show adapted content depending on the gender of the viewer
- Record the demography of your viewers for offline analysis using the data tracking Log event action.
Use the Refresh action when entering a new scene to ask VidiReports to refresh the status of the current viewer(s).