- To ensure you haven't accidentally incorporated unsupported features, make sure Play Mode in Composer is set to "Simulate Player on other platforms". To make this selection in Composer, click the Project menu and choose "Simulate Player on other platforms".
Features Never to be Supported
Certain Intuiface capabilities available in Player on Windows will never be available when running Player on ChromeOS-based devices because the underlying operating system does not support the underlying technology:
- (Microsoft) Deep Zoom asset
- Any Interface Asset using a .NET DLL. Over time, all out-of-the-box interface assets will be built using REST or TypeScript, both of which are cross-platform technologies.
- Websites that require same-origin policy. The Web Browser Asset can only display websites that permit cross-origin resource sharing - i.e. that don't require a same-origin policy. If you attempt to load a website requiring a same-origin policy, the Web Browser asset will display an error message stating the connection was "refused" due to "X-Frame-Options". Most public websites (such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, ...) require the same-origin policy and cannot be displayed in Player on Android. Sites like these may be accessed using embeddable code placed within the HTML Frame Asset instead.
Features Currently Unsupported
- Please refer to the General Limitations article for a list of known limitations.
ChromeOS Specific Limitations
- Web Browser
- "Disable Scroll" Web Browser property is not supported
- "Website fails to load" triggers will not be raised
- Webcam Asset
- Android-based devices do not support multiple Webcam Assets in the same scene.
- Share and Deploy console - Experience live Snapshots
- Call URL to http targets are not supported
- Interface Assets using http protocol will not be resolved. Your Interface Asset must use https instead.
- Remote Actions are not supported.
- Tablet orientation changes are not supported. Rendering might be degraded if orientation is changed from landscape to portrait and vice-versa
- Video and Audio Assets
- Can only use timestamps to assign a poster to a video. External images cannot be used as posters.
- “Title” property for the Video and Audio assets is not supported.
- Video loaded from distant sources or from a DataFeed might not display a poster frame when running on Android devices
- In certain cases Video and Audio content might not be loaded. As a workaround, the "Play" action (using Triggers and Actions) can be used on the video to force the loading.
- Text Input Asset
- Keyboard customization and specific properties are not supported as the native OS keyboard is used.
- Keyboards "Numpad" and "Standard + Numpad" layout are not supported. The native keyboard will be shown instead.
- Only the internal storage can be used to store experiences. Storage expansion options - such as an SD card - are not supported.
- GBoard Virtual keyboard is not supported for Text Input Asset. If used, it may have unwanted results.
- When updating an experience, the device's internal storage must have free space at least equal to the size of the updated experience. (This is in addition to the space already used by the original version of the experience already on the device.) The downloaded experience will be removed but is temporarily required to facilitate the update.
- Share and Deploy Console
- Snapshot (live tracking in Share and Deploy Console) is not supported