Deployment is placing an Intuiface experience on one or more devices in a live environment and then running it with Intuiface Player. This article discusses the manual approach to deployment.
- For those with Platform Essential or Premier accounts, these manual approaches are the ones you would use for deployment.
- For those with a Platform Enterprise account, there is also an automated remote deployment option. See this article for information about using the Share and Deploy console to automate remote deployment.
NOTE: Experiences cannot be exported into any third-party formats. However, web deployment is possible.
To manually deploy a published experience onto a device running Player:
- If you haven't done so already, publish the latest version of your experience using Composer.
- Start Player if it isn't already running on each device in the live environment.
- Open your experience in Player
- If the Player license is associated with the same Intuiface account as the one used to publish the experience in Step 1 above, follow the instructions here to open the experience
[This process talks about Player but can also be used with Composer.]
To manually deploy an unpublished experience - perhaps no Internet connection is available - onto a Windows PC running Player:
- Browse to your project using File Explorer, zip it into an archive file, and put it on a USB memory key. For a review of what an Intuiface project looks like, see this article.
- You don't have to zip your project; you could just copy/paste the project in its entirety. The zip file just reduces the size during transfer.
- If the destination PCs can access a networked drive, you could just put a copy of your project on the networked drive.
- Copy your project onto each PC running Player (or Composer), then unzip.
- If on a networked drive, you don't technically have to create a local copy. However, you also don't want multiple Players using the same project instance.
- In the Player (or Composer) Experiences panel, on the "My Experiences" tab, select the "Select a project" option and browse to the .ifx file in your project.
Manually deploying unpublished experiences to Player on Android using a USB key
Exclusively for Player on Android, experiences can be deployed to Player by placing those experiences on a USB key and then plugging that key into the Player device. See our article "Manually add an Intuiface experience to an Android device" for details.