Debugging is made possible through the use of Chrome DevTools.
- The ability to access Chrome DevTools is a feature accessible only to those with a Composer Premier or Enterprise plan.
- The standalone Chrome browser must be preinstalled on your Composer device in order to use the DevTools.
Opening Chrome DevTools
- Open in Composer the project containing your custom IA if you haven't done so already.
- Under Composer's Project menu, make sure you've set Play Mode to "Simulate Player on other platforms (iPad/Android/...)". Do this even if you intend to use your custom IA in Player on Windows.
- Start Composer's Play Mode.
- On your computer's keyboard, type the key combination Ctrl+Shift+i.
This will open Chrome DevTools. In the image below, the running experience is on the left, Chrome DevTools are on the right.
Using Chrome DevTools while in Composer's Play Mode
Chrome DevTools opens in a separate window. It can be opened at any time and can remain open as you navigate through your running experience.