A content management system - or CMS - is a software application that enables users to create, edit, collaborate on, publish, and store digital content.
Intuiface has supported third-party CMSs for many years, especially with the help of API Explorer, as well as supported simpler data sources like Excel.
The Intuiface Headless CMS - or H-CMS for short - brings the best of both the Excel & API-driven data source worlds to a simpler, more efficient, and better-integrated level.
Enable your colleagues, partners, or customers to upload, edit, and review content for your experiences via a web-based interface accessible in any browser on any OS (yes, even Safari on a Mac!). They won't need to understand how you built your experience with Composer or how you are using this content to fulfill the needs of your project.
Current features of the Headless CMS include:
- Create well-structured content for a variety of media formats. Includes support for file types like images, videos, and documents, plus concepts like colors and date/time.
- Use Variants to identify fields that vary by context. For example, if your experience needs to support multiple languages, don't create two separate lists, just create one list and apply variants to Text fields.
- Manage users and workflows to control the editing and publishing of data. Each base can have multiple users, but you can control what they have permission to edit. And a publishing workflow ensures data only reaches the field when ready.
- Benefit from a locally-cached, synchronized copy of each base. With this local copy on every device in the field, you get lightning-fast data transfer and great resiliency in the face of unreliable network connections.
Accessing the Headless CMS
You can access the H-CMS at https://hcms.intuiface.com or by clicking the Headless CMS button in your My Intuiface dashboard.
Headless CMS home screen
The H-CMS home screen lists all the bases you own and the ones which have been shared with you.
In each base, you will see
- The base thumbnail, title, and description
- The owner of the base, represented by the first head in the list
- Additional users who have access to that base, if edit rights have been granted
- A list of between one and four icons representing the permissions you have for the base.
- The base owner will always have all four permissions.
Structure of Headless CMS Base
Once you select a base on the Headless CMS home screen, you will be able to access one or more of the following three tabs, access determined by the viewing and editing rights the visitor has been granted. Base owners can edit all content while additional users can edit the content for which they have been granted permission.
Both the Structure and Content tabs will contain a list of all of the Components you create - one component for each Group and Collection you require.
Each component view in the H-CMS base - both in the Structure and Content sections - has a unique URL.
To learn everything you need about the Intuiface Headless CMS, we recommend you to
- Start by enrolling in our dedicated Intuiface Academy course: Managing Content with the Headless CMS
- If you're more of a reader, browse the various articles available in this dedicated Help Center chapter.
Intuiface Headless CMS is available across all Intuiface Platform tiers. The table below summarizes the level of support for each tier.
|Max number of bases||Unlimited||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Max number of variants per base||1||Unlimited||Unlimited|
|Max number of base editors||2||5||Unlimited|