This article explains how the Automated Ad Playlist with Audience Metrics sample experience was built and how you can reuse it for your own needs. In this experience, people detection provided by Sightcorp DeepSight Toolkit triggers an advertisement based on demographic, gender and age that is presented on a digital display.
- To run this experience in Intuiface Player, download the project files here then follow the instructions below in this article.
- To download it directly into Intuiface Composer, use either the Marketplace tab of Composer's Experiences panel or download it from this Marketplace page.
- This experience has been designed for use exclusively on a Windows PC.
- Sightcorp DeepSight Toolkit must be run on the same device used to run this experience.
How to run this experience in Player
- Make sure Intuiface Player is installed and its license is activated.
- Make sure DeepSight Toolkit is installed and its license is activated.
- Download the Demographic-Triggered Ads with Audience Metrics experience here.
- Unzip the experience
- Replace the default images with your own.
- Run DeepSight Toolkit if it's not running already. (The toolkit must be running before the experience is running.)
- Launch the experience in Player. To launch the experience, double-click on the "Automated Ad Playlist with Audience Metrics.ifx" file located in the top-level folder of the experience. Make sure File Extensions are visible in Windows Explorer to avoid selecting the alternative .ifx.json file.
How it works?
This experience runs a playlist of image ads using a Swap collection. While each ad is being displayed, DeepSight Toolkit will log audience data that will be forwarded to Intuiface analytics platform.
You can replace the images in this Swap collection with your own or edit the experience in Composer to use other type of media, such as video files.
Configuring the experience
This section describes ways in which the Automated Ad Playlist with Audience Metrics experience can be configured without the use of Intuiface Composer.
Replace media files with your own
After unzipping the experience onto your Player device, you can replace the built-in media with personalized content.
RECOMMENDATION: Replace image files with new files that have the exact same name and file extension. File names are case sensitive.
The ad images are located
Demographic-Triggered Ads with Audience Metrics\Files\InterfaceAssets\Settings_xlsx\Images
If you want to add / remove images or change their order, you only need to edit the Settings.xlsx Excel file.
Adjust experience settings
Once you have replaced the media files, you can launch the experience and access its Settings scene by pressing the S key on your keyboard.
This settings page enables you to
- Configure the connection to the DeepSight Toolkit. If you are running the toolkit on the same PC as Intuiface Player, keep the default values.
- Adjust the schedule frequency, i.e. the duration used to display each ad in the playlist.
Changes are automatically saved in an Excel workbook stored within the experience. If you want to use the same settings across multiple instances of Player, you can copy this Excel file to your other installations. The spreadsheet is located in the folder
Automated Ad Playlist with Audience Metrics\Files\InterfaceAssets\Settings_xlsx and is named Settings.xlsx.
Set the experience to autostart
We recommend that you set this experience to automatically run anytime Player is launched. To turn on experience auto-start, follow the instructions in this article.
You will find below an example of an Analytics dashboard that can be created for this experience.
NOTE: This pre-built dashboard is just an example of the charts that can be created in support of the Face Mask Detection experience. Don't hesitate to experiment with your own charts.