Certain BrightSign device configuration options require modification to the autorun.brs file found on devices provisioned with Intuiface Player.
To place this updated file on each device running Player, you must either
- manually overwrite the existing .brs file on each device's SD card
- remotely replace the existing .brs file using BA Connected / BSN Cloud tools
NOTE: Be sure to restart each BrightSign player for your changes to take effect.
Portrait or reversed landscape screen orientation
The default orientation for BrightSign devices is landscape.
To specify a different orientation, uncomment line 63 and choose between one of the following values:
- "rot90": The screen is rotated to portrait orientation at 90 degrees (clockwise).
- "rot180" The screen is rotated upside down in landscape
- "rot270": The screen is rotated to portrait orientation at 270 degrees (counter-clockwise).
View mouse cursor
Enable Cursor - enables display of Mouse cursor (disabled by default): to enable cursor uncomment lines 31 to 34
The mouse cursor is set to invisible when installing Intuiface Player. This is done to ensure the cursor is not visible when running an Intuiface experience. However, if you want to be able to use the mouse and thus need to see the cursor, uncomment line 57 of the autorun.brs configuration file. Your configuration file should be as follows:
Multi Screen setup
To configure multi screen setup, you must edit the video parameters found in the "Video Mode" section of the brs file.
By default, Player is configured to run on a single screen as follows:
Here are a couple of examples for different multi-screen video modes:
- 2x2 Full HD Landscape oriented screen configuration
- 1x4 Full HD Portrait oriented screen configuration