Intuiface does not provide out-of-the-box support for the Phidgets Interface Asset. No additional features or bug fixes will be made nor support will be offered. We have open sourced our legacy support and posted it to GitHub.
Feel free to contribute!
Note: This feature is only available for use on Windows PCs.
This Interface Asset was developed to communicate with an 8/8/8 Interface Kit, meaning it handles:
- 8 Logical inputs (ex: a button)
- 8 Analog inputs (ex: distance sensor)
- 8 Logical outputs (ex: a LED)
It comes with a default Design Accelerator that will enable you to test your Phidget Interface Kit within Intuiface Composer quickly.
- Plug your Phidgets Interface board to your PC running Intuiface (Composer or Player) via USB.
- Install Phidget 21 drivers and make sure the software runs correctly.
- Follow the instructions of the Github page to make this Interface Asset available in your Composer.
You can then retrieve the signals sent from the Phidgets board to Composer, like a button pressed or a distance perceived by a sensor.
You can also send a signal to the board, to power on / off a LED for example.
The easiest way to use the analog input values is to add a Global Variable for each value you are tracking. Use its comparison triggers to make all the triggers & actions rules you need.