Intuiface does not provide out-of-the-box support for the Phidgets Interface Asset. No additional features or bug fixes will be made nor support will be offered. We have open sourced our legacy support and posted it to GitHub.
Feel free to contribute!
We recommend you to check our Interface Asset - Nexmosphere article if you want to add sensors directly supported by Intuiface.
Note: This feature is only available for use on Windows PCs.
For best results make sure your target (deployment) machine is using the exact same Phidgets hardware and software configuration as the machine on which you are creating the experience.
This Interface Asset was developed to communicate with an 8/8/8 Interface Kit, meaning it handles:
- 8 Logical inputs (ex: a button)
- 8 Analog inputs (ex: distance sensor)
- 8 Logical outputs (ex: a LED)
It comes with a default Design Accelerator that will enable you to test your Phidget Interface Kit within Intuiface Composer quickly.
- Plug your Phidgets Interface board to your PC running Intuiface (Composer or Player) via USB.
- Install Phidget21 Drivers from Phidgets21 legacy support page
- Follow the instructions of the Github page to make this Interface Asset available in your Composer.
You can then retrieve the signals sent from the Phidgets board to Composer, like a button pressed or a distance perceived by a sensor.
You can also send a signal to the board, to power on / off a LED for example.
The easiest way to use the analog input values is to add a Global Variable for each value you are tracking. Use its comparison triggers to make all the triggers & actions rules you need.