This article will explain how to run Intuiface Player on a Google Chrome device. Once Player is running, the user experience is similar to that of Player on all other supported platforms. If you are already familiar with how to use Player on those platforms, you can go from a published Intuiface experience to running it on a Chrome OS device in seconds. If you are new to Intuiface, hang in there - it's easy!
Note: For customers with Player licenses purchased before 15-May-2019: ChromeOS requires the Player for Kiosks license.
- Chromebook: laptops suitable for use by a sales force or students
- Chromebox: combined with a large touch display, it is a cost-efficient interactive digital signage device
- Chromebase: all-in-one devices you can easily use as an interactive kiosk
We are using AOpen Chromebox to run our tests on ChromeOS
Installing Intuiface Player
- Player can be installed on ChromeOS-compatible devices directly from Google Play Store
- Before using Player, be sure to acquaint yourself with known limitations. Player on ChromeOS devices is not fully feature-equivalent to Player on Windows
Activating Player on ChromeOS
Choose any of the following Player activation options available for use.
- When a license expires, it is released automatically. Player will then attempt to request a new license the next time it is run.
- If no active Platform plan/license is available, Player will not run.
License Checkout Order
If permitting Intuiface to automatically assign a license, such as when logging into Player, the license with the farthest renewal date in the future will be selected.
- On ChromeOS devices, uninstalling/reinstalling Player as well as logging out and then back in will consume a new license each time it is performed. Please see our article about releasing the license from a device to ensure licenses are returned to the license server for use on other devices.
Assuming you have already installed Player, the overall process is as follows:
- Optionally, purchase additional Player licenses
- DOWNLOAD your work to the ChromeOS device for travel and/or offline use
Here you are saving an experience directly on the device.
- In Composer, publish your experience. This will make the experience available in the Player Experiences panel, on the "My Experiences" tab. Experiences shared with you by other Intuiface accounts will also be available in the Experiences panel, on the "Shared With Me" tab.
- Touch any experience in the Experiences panel, and it will automatically download onto the device.
- Tap again on the thumbnail, and the experience will play.