Intuiface Player on Android supports the ability to access an experience manually copied to the local device from a Windows PC.
The first step is to locate the project folder on the computer with a local copy of your experience. The default location is the Intuiface experiences folder:
C:\Users\[user_name]\Documents\Intuiface. You may have selected a different location when first creating your project.
The project folder contains a .ifx file, a .ifx.json file and a folder named "Files" containing all the media found in your experience. For a detailed look at how Intuiface project files are structured, see this article.
NOTE: The thumbnail for an Intuiface project that appears in the Experiences panel will not exist for a new project you create directly in Composer. (A project must be closed and reopened in Composer for the thumbnail to be created.) You can create your own thumbnail for a project by placing an image named *thumbnail.jpg" beside the .ifx file. This image must have a size of 800 pixels wide x 450 pixels tall. If you do not add a thumbnail, the experience will appear with a Blank image on your experiences panel.
Method 1: connecting the android device with a USB cable to a PC
- Connect your Android device to your computer using a USB cable.
- Windows PC: Navigate to the My Computer folder and click on your Android device once it is detected.
- Mac (if running Composer in virtual machine like Parallels): Install Android File Transfer. Once this program has been installed, launch it.
Method 2: using an USB key plugged on the android device
If using a USB flash drive to copy over the project
- Copy your project to the USB flash drive
- Connect the flash drive to your Android device.
Once your Android device is connected to the computer/flash drive containing your project:
- Using either your computer or 3rd party file browsing software on the Android device, browse to the following folder on the Android device:
- Create a directory named xps if it doesn't already exist.
- Enter the xps folder.
- Copy/paste the Intuiface project folder directly into this xps folder.
- Disconnect your computer/USB flash drive
- Start the Android Player
- The "xps" folder is a drop-zone monitored by the Android Player. If Player sees an experience in the xps folder, it will copy its contents to a different location on the tablet, deleting the original instance in the "xps" folder.
- If an original version of the experience is already on the tablet, it will be replaced completely by any new version placed in the xps folder.
- Experiences uploaded using this method will not have a visible experience thumbnail.