Intuiface Player enables you to run experiences created with Intuiface Composer on most of the available iPad devices.
Player activation is the process used of associating Player with an Intuiface account and using a paid license. The activation mechanism has been designed to account for very large scale and highly variable deployments.
- Player can be installed from Apple App Store
- Before using Player, be sure to acquaint yourself with known limitations. Player on iPad devices is not fully feature-equivalent to Player on Windows
- Error - 7013 - can appear if the Date and Time Zone are not correctly set.
- We recommend that you select the Automatic Date & Time provided by your device, as Daylight Savings Time can incorrectly configure your device's time zone.
Activating Player on iPad
Activation by QR Code is not available on iPad devices. Apart from QR code activation, which is not available, any of the multiple Player activation options are available for use.
- When a license expires it is released automatically. Player will then attempt to request a new license the next time it is run.
- If no active Platform plan/license is available, Player will not run.
If permitting Intuiface to automatically assign a license, such as when logging into Player, the license with the farthest renewal date in the future will be selected.
- On iPad devices, uninstalling/reinstalling Player as well as logging out and then back in will consume a new license each time it is performed. Please see our article about releasing the license from a device to ensure licenses are returned to the license server for use on other devices.
- For legacy Player for Tablets license holders: When a license pack expires, all licenses in this pack are released automatically. iPad tablets with released licenses will attempt to request a new license the next time Player is run.
For customers with Player licenses purchased before 15-May-2019
- Use Player for Tablets with any iPad tablet. Purchased as a pack of 10 licenses, each Player for Tablets license can be used on iPad tablet devices.
Assuming you have already installed Player, the overall process is as follows:
- Optionally, purchase additional Player licenses
- DOWNLOAD your work to the tablet for travel and/or offline use
Here you are saving an experience directly on the tablet.
- In Composer, publish your experience. This will make the experience available in the Player Experiences panel, on the "My Experiences" tab. Experiences shared with you by other Intuiface accounts will also be available in the Experiences panel, on the "Shared With Me" tab.
- Touch any experience in the Experiences panel, and it will automatically download and then play.