Activation of a license means associating a license with a given PC. Activation is the prerequisite step to using paid versions of Composer and requires a live Internet connection. Once licensed, Composer no longer requires Internet connectivity.
For Player license activation, view the activation article for Player.
- Once a Composer license is retrieved, it is locked to that PC, requiring a formal release before it can be "transferred" to a new PC. There is a release and transfer process for moving a license.
- If using virtual machines to run Windows, be sure to release your Composer license before upgrading the Windows OS. This is because the upgraded Windows instance will look to the Intuiface license server like a different PC from the original.
- The clock for subscription licenses - the time during which you have entitled use of Composer - begins at the moment of purchase. There is no time constraint on when license activation must occur but because the entitlement clock starts at purchase, you are encouraged to activate your license as soon as you are able.
- A live Internet connection is required to activate a license. For offline license activation, you must have a three-year prepaid Enterprise-level Intuiface account.
- Subscription renewal – once payment has been collected - requires Internet-mediated activation (phone activation is not available) no more than five days after the beginning of a new period. After that five-day grace period, in the absence of Internet-mediated activation, Composer will cease to work. To activate these licenses, you must establish an Internet connection on each hosting PC.
- License verification will also occur automatically under certain circumstances, including whenever Composer software is updated. See our article about the frequency of license verification for details.
Activating Composer Licenses
Option One - Automatic License Retrieval
By logging into Composer, you are asking Composer to automatically select and download a paid license if one is available. The login process is detailed here.
During the 28-day Trial, Composer will continually look for a paid license. If at any point one is found, the license is downloaded and activated automatically.
Option Two - Manual License Key Entry
An advantage of manual license key entry is it prevents Composer users from having access to any information and capability on the My Intuiface website.
Step One: Obtain a license key
- Go to https://my.intuiface.com/login.aspx and log in using your login credentials.
- Go to My License Dashboard to see a list of all of your licenses.
- In the License key column, click on the key you wish to activate. By left-clicking it you will be able to copy it into your clipboard.
Step Two: Enter the license key into Composer
You must have an active Internet connection to activate your license.
Intuiface Composer must be allowed access to all sub-domains of intuilab.com over https (port 443) if your PC is protected behind a restrictive firewall.
- Run Composer - if not already running - using its desktop shortcut or the Windows Start menu.
- If already logged into your Intuiface account, select the menu option Help -> Logout then confirm your desire to log out by clicking the OK button in the pop-up window that appears.
- Paste the license key from Step One above into the awaiting "Enter a paid license key" field. Then click the "Log In" button.
Once validated, the license will be activated on your PC.
Article is closed for comments.