This article explains how the Face Mask Detection sample experience was built and how you can reuse it for your own needs. In this experience, face mask detection provided by Sightcorp DeepSight Toolkit triggers whether Stop or Welcome messaging should be presented on a digital display. An additional Idle Screen is used to display custom content when no people are detected.
To download it directly into Intuiface Composer, use either the Marketplace tab of Composer's Experiences panel or download it from this Marketplace page.
- This experience has been designed for use exclusively on a Windows PC.
- Sightcorp DeepSight Toolkit must be run on the same device used to run this experience.
How to run this experience in Player
- Make sure Intuiface Player is installed and its license is activated.
- Make sure DeepSight Toolkit is installed and its license is activated.
- Download the Face Mask Detection experience from this Marketplace page.
- Unzip the experience
- Replace the default images/videos with your own.
- Run DeepSight Toolkit if it's not running already.
(The toolkit must be running before the experience is running.)
- Launch the experience in Player.
To launch the experience, double-click on the "Face Mask Detection.ifx" file located in the top-level folder of the experience. Make sure File Extensions are visible in Windows Explorer to avoid selecting the alternative .ifx.json file.
Configuring the experience
This section describes ways in which the Face Mask Detection experience can be configured without the use of Intuiface Composer.
Replace media files with your own
After unzipping the experience onto your Player device, you can replace the built-in media with personalized content.
RECOMMENDATION: Replace image and video files with new files that have the exact same name and file extension. File names are case sensitive.
- In the folder
Face Mask Detection\Files\InterfaceAssets\FaceMaskDetection_xlsx, replace StoreLogo.png with your own image. Use the exact same name and file extension; do not use a different name. The resolution should be 1080x400 pixels.
- For the Idle Screen content, if you want to use
- One video
Replace idle_video.mp4. Use the exact same name and file extension; do not use a different name. The resolution should be 1080x1920 pixels.
- One or more images
In the folder
Face Mask Detection\Files\InterfaceAssets\FileSystemBrowsingJS\Images, delete the existing images, and add your own (using any combination of JPG and PNG formats). Image resolution should be 1080x1920 pixels and images will displayed in alphabetical order. The names of these images can be anything you wish, just retain their .jpg or .png file extension.
- One video
The following are the two Idle Screen images shipping with the Face Mask Detection experience. You can download the Adobe Illustrator template file here.
If you want to customize this experience even more, you can replace the "welcome" and "stop" images.
The files are located in the folder
Face Mask Detection\Files\InterfaceAssets\FaceMaskDetection_xlsx and are named Mask.png and NoMask.png. Use the exact same name and file extension; do not use a different name. Their resolution is 1080x1270 pixels.
Adjust experience settings
Once you have replaced the media files, you can launch the experience and access its Settings scene by pressing the S key on your keyboard.
This settings page enables you to
- Choose between an image slideshow or video for the Idle Screen - i.e. when no person is detected.
- Configure the connection to the DeepSight Toolkit. If you are running the toolkit on the same PC as Intuiface Player, keep the default values.
- Adjust all text used in the experience.
- Specify the experience behavior when all people detected are wearing a mask
- Checked (default): the "Welcome" image is displayed
- Unchecked: the Idle Screen remains visible
Changes are automatically saved in an Excel workbook stored within the experience. If you want to use the same settings across multiple instances of Player, you can copy this Excel file to your other installations. The spreadsheet is located in the folder
Face Mask Detection\Files\InterfaceAssets\FaceMaskDetection_xlsx and is named FaceMaskDetection.xlsx.
Set the experience to autostart
We recommend that you set this experience to automatically run anytime Player is launched. To turn on experience auto-start, follow the instructions in this article.
You will find below an example of an Analytics dashboard that can be created for this experience.
NOTE: This dashboard is just an example of the charts that can be created in support of the Face Mask Detection experience. Don't hesitate to experiment with your own charts.
Article is closed for comments.