This article explains how to install and run Intuiface Player on a BrightSign device. Once Player is running, the user experience is similar to Player on all other supported platforms. If you are already familiar with how to use Player on those platforms then you can go from a published Intuiface experience to running it on BrightSign in seconds. If you are new to Intuiface, hang in there - it's easy!
Intuiface Player on BrightSign supports the following devices:
NOTE: Use of Intuiface on BrightSign currently requires at minimum BrightSign OS Version 8.0.146. You can update player firmware via BSN.Cloud or use the URL below to access the latest firmware:
Use of Intuiface Player on BrightSign assumes:
- You have a BSN.cloud Control Cloud (or greater) account
- To create a Control Cloud account, visit https://control.bsn.cloud, click the "New User" button, and complete the form.
- When creating a Control Cloud account, you will be asked to specify a "network". Each network is a logical grouping of one or more BrightSign players. All of your BrightSign devices running Intuiface Player could be in the same network, or you could choose to separate them across multiple networks - that's up to you.
- You are logged into your BSN.cloud account
- Use the Control Cloud website or - if you installed it during previous BrightSign use - the BrightAuthor:connected application
- You have installed the appropriate version of the BrightSign OS (aka the firmware) on all your BrightSign devices.
- You have an Intuiface account (required for licensing and launching Intuiface Player);
For brand new, never used BrightSign players, we recommend that you do not boot them until after following the process described in the next section. This will simplify the Intuiface Player setup process. The firmware update process identified above does not result in a device boot so it can be done at any time.
The following assumes you have logged into your BSN.Cloud account using the Control Cloud website or - if you installed it during previous BrightSign use - the BrightAuthor:connected application. The following screenshots are from the Control Cloud website.
- Select the Admin tab, then select Device Setup
- Create the following setup package:
- Specify a Package Name. You can type whatever you want. In the screenshot below we use "IntuifacePlayer" as the package name.
- Leave the Device Name and Device Description fields blank
- In the "Device Type" section, select "Partner Application" and then "Intuiface" in the dropdown list
- Click on Add Setup File to Library
- Register each of your BrightSign devices with your BSN.cloud account
- Go to Admin > Device Provisioning > Add Device
- Enter the serial number of your device (mandatory) and other information (optional).
- Click on Add Device
- Once the device is added, you have to apply the setup package that was created in Step 2 above.
- Select one or more BrightSign players in the list you've created and click on the Apply Setup button located above and to the right of that list.
- In the "Apply Setup" pop-up window, choose the package you created in Step 2 above from the "Setup" drop-down list (in this example: "IntuifacePlayer")
- Click the Apply Setup button
- For brand new, never booted BrightSign players.
Insert a blank SD card into each BrightSign unit. The device will now start downloading and installing Intuiface Player. Once installed, log into Player. Skip Steps 6 and 7 below.
For previously used (and thus provisioned) BrightSign players
You need to use the Reprovision Device option. This process will wipe out all previously installed content on the BrightSIgn player's SD card. Repeat Steps 6 and 7 below for each of your BrightSplayers individually
- Go to the Network tab then click the gear button for one of your BrightSign devices.
- Select the Control tab then press the Update button in the Reprovision Device section.
NOTE: This action will irreversibly delete all content from your device's storage and then start the installation of Intuiface Player. The device will reboot several times during the installation phase. Please do not disconnect or reboot your device before setup has fully completed.
Once Player is installed you will need to activate a license.
NOTE: When a license expires it is released automatically. Player will then attempt to request a new license the next time it is run.
Option One: Automatic license selection
Log into Player using the Intuiface account credentials supplied by the creator of the experiences you wish to run. The act of logging in automatically assigns a Player license key to that particular BrightSign device.
Use this option if you are evaluating Player and have not yet purchased a license.
Option Two: Manual license key entry
Enter a license key into the "Email" field, leave the "Password" field blank and click the "Log In" button. The specified Player license key will be retrieved and activated. Each key is associated with a specific Intuiface account and it is to the experiences of this account that Player will have direct access.
Option Three: Manual credential key entry
The advantage of this option is the person installing Player does not need to know either the Intuiface account login credentials or individual license keys. A single credential key can be used on any number of devices that will be used to run Player.
Step One: Obtain your account's Hands-Free Licensing credential key
Open the Credential Keys page in a Web browser. Here you have the option of copying an existing Hands-Free Licensing credential key or creating then copying a new credential key.
If you wish to create a new one, follow the directions here.
Step Two: Enter the credential key into Player
Take the credential key from Step One, paste it into the "Email" field, leave the "Password" field blank and click the "Log In" button.
Any available Player license will be automatically checked out.