Intuiface offers the "post-to-store" service option. Give us your Intuiface experience, we package it up as a self-running application and then help you post it to the Apple® App Store℠ and/or Google Play™. This posting :
- has no Intuiface branding
- does not require separate installation of Intuiface Player, the Intuiface runtime
- can be accessed by anyone with an iTunes® or Google Play account.
NOTE: This service is only available to annual Enterprise-level Intuiface accounts who also possess at least one annual Player for Tablets or Player for Kiosks license. It is not available to Composer Free/Composer Essential/Composer Premier accounts or to Composer Enterprise accounts possessing only month-to-month Composer or month-to-month Player licenses.
The process for posting an Intuiface experience into an app store is as follows:
- If it doesn't yet exist, the Intuiface user (aka the "Requester") creates their own developer account for the targeted store, paying the associated membership fee.
- for publishing on the public Apple App Store: https://developer.apple.com/programs/ios
- for publishing on a private Apple App Store https://developer.apple.com/programs/enterprise/
- for publishing on Google Play: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/1134...
- NB: if you just want to generate an android installer (apk file) that you distribute with your own mean, you do not need any Google play account
- Requester submits a formal service request via the Post-to-Store page on the My Intuiface website.
- In no more than two business days, Intuiface Support will send the Requester an email containing:
- A list of additional publication materials (e.g. graphic media, application description, etc.) the Requester must provide
- Instructions for wiring funds to pay for the Post-to-Store service (see here for pricing)
- Upon receipt of payment and additional information, Intuiface will create a package for posting.
- The application is then either:
- posted to the public Apple App Store: Intuiface submits the package for the Requester. The Apple approval process can take up to 10 business days. NB: The Requester must previously provide Intuiface valid credentials for their developer account, as Intuiface needs to use the Requester's developer account to publish the app.
- send to the Requester for private Apple App Store. NB: The Requester must previously provide Intuiface valid credentials for their Apple Developer Enterprise account, Intuiface will use the Requester's Developer Enterprise account to get some information required to build the App.
- For Google Play: Intuiface provides the Requester with an apk file. The Requester then submits the app for publication. There is no Google approval process so online availability could be immediate.
- The final apk can be hosted on your own server with a direct download link for each of your customers, or it can be installed on your devices without the need of publishing it to Google Play store.
Make sure you become acquainted with the appropriate app submission guidelines to ensure your experience is not rejected by Apple or Google. Intuiface will not inspect submitted experiences for violations.
- Submission Guidelines: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review/guidelines
- Common App Rejection and Design and Trademark Guidelines: https://developer.apple.com/app-store/review
- Policy Guidelines and Practices: https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/113474
- First submission and one resubmission if rejection is caused by Requester error: $199 (for US/Can customers), 199€ (for everyone else). This price applies for each target (iPad or Android Tablet)
- Each additional resubmission for rejections caused by Requester error: $29€
- Each subsequent update for already posted apps: $49€
- Prices are independent of experience size and complexity.
- The application will work exactly the same way as it does when in Intuiface Player. So if the experience works properly in a stand-alone Player on the targeted tablet, the post-to-store application will work in exactly the same way.
- Intuiface does not fully test the produced application; only some very limited tests are performed. Thus it is very important that before using the Post-to-Store service, you thoroughly test your experience in the latest Player version on your targeted devices (iPad / Android).
- It is also very important to have an experience of a reasonable size. We recommed no more than 300MB to minimize download time. (NOTE: 3G/4G cellular downloads are usually limited to a file size of 100MB.) Officially, the app size limit for the Apple App Store and Google Play is 4GB.
- iPad apps distributed by any means other than the Apple App Store or via MDM - such as a private store or through iTunes - are governed by additional Apple policy limitations:
- The app can only be used during a 12 month period after it has been built. After 12 months, the app must be rebuilt with updated information about the "Apple developer account" and then redistributed.
- On each iPad, before running the app, the company in possession of the "Apple developer account" must be approved as a trusted company.
- The app must have a live Internet connection regularly as Apple will conduct regular tests to verify that the "Apple developer account" remains trusted by Apple. If that check fails, the app will be prevented from running.
The following applications are examples of how your application will look when published: