As an Intuiface user, you have access to an online License Dashboard containing detailed lists of your license and product inventory plus the ability to release licenses and cancel subscriptions.
This article discusses how to manage Player licenses.
- For activating in-venue Player licenses, see Player activation for In-Venue Deployments
- For assigning Player licenses to web and PWA deployments, see Player Licensing for Web and Progressive Web App (PWA) Deployments
Your License Dashboard will list the devices (for in-venue deployments) and experiences (for web/PWA deployments) that have currently drawn on your reserve of Player licenses.
- Player for in-venue deployments
The "License Status" column will say "Retained on", followed by the device's name.
- Player for web and PWA deployments
The "License Status" column will say "Used by a URL for" followed by the name of an experience. Clicking the experience name will open the Webpage settings panel for the specific URL assigned this particular license.
For web and mobile deployments, device names are neither captured nor shared to maintain audience privacy.
Every time an in-venue Player license is released - see the section below - it is returned to the license pool. making it available for use on any other device. See our article about device-to-device license transfers for details.
Player licenses used with web and PWA deployments cannot be transferred. License assignment and retrieval are completely automated.
In an in-venue Player, the act of logging out does NOT release its associated license. Logging out is only required if the intent is to permit another Intuiface account to log in.
If you wish to release a license, you must use the License Dashboard:
- Open your License Dashboard and click the Release from device link for the license you wish to release. (Click image to enlarge)
- In the pop-up that appears
- [Optional] Select the "Add to Blacklist" checkbox for a device you want to prevent from running Intuiface experiences in the future. For example, choose this option when an employee leaves your company with a device once used to run Intuiface.
- Click the button "Yes" to release the license.
- Player licenses used with web and PWA deployments cannot be released. License assignment and retrieval are completely automated.
- Releasing a license from a particular in-venue Player does not prevent that Player from requesting a new license. To prevent an in-venue Player from requesting a new license, formally log out of Player immediately before or after the license release. Don't quit Player before logging out.
- You will not be able to undo a Blacklist selection. You will need the assistance of Intuiface Support, so choose wisely.
See this article for information about how to cancel a subscription.