Intuiface Player enables you to run experiences created with Intuiface Composer on any iPad or Android device.
NOTE: For customers with Player licenses purchased before 15-May-2019
- Use Player for Tablets with any iPad or consumer Android tablet. Purchased as a pack of 10 licenses, each Player for Tablets license can be used on either an iPad or a consumer Android tablet.
- Use Player for Kiosks with:
- For an iPad, you can find Intuiface Player in the Apple App Store here or search for Intuiface in iTunes.
- For an Android device, you can find Intuiface Player in the Google Play store here or search the store for Intuiface.
- If your Android device doesn't have access to Google Play, please download the Player .apk installation file here.
NOTE: Before using Player, be sure to acquaint yourself with known limitations. Player on the iPad and Android devices is not fully feature-equivalent to Player on Windows.
NOTE: The Error - 7013 - can appear if the Date and Time Zone are not properly set.
We recommend to choose the Automatic Date & Time provided by your device as the Daylight Saving Time could mess up with your Time Zone.
The level of playback capability depends both on whether Player is licensed and on the Composer plan used to create the experience.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Experiences accessible for download in Player were either
- created and published by an instance of Composer licensed to the same Intuiface account as Player, OR
- shared by the experience creator with the Intuiface account used by Player.
Every Player login initiates a new license request. However, a logout does NOT release a license. Even uninstalling/reinstalling Player will not release a license. One must take the additional, formal step of releasing the license to make it available for use on other devices. Without this step, more than one license can be checked out for the same device.
Assuming you have already installed Player, the overall process is as follows:
- Optionally, purchase Player licenses
- PREVIEW your work on the tablet
Here you are viewing an experience running in Composer's Play Mode. The following is a summary; the details are covered in this article.
- Make sure your tablet and Composer are on the same network and that the PC running Composer is properly configured for network communication. See this article.
- Run your experience in Composer's Play Mode.
- Run Player and log into your Intuiface account.
- Select the icon Connect to a Composer in Play Mode and enter the IP address of the PC running Composer. The experience will be copied to a temporary storage location on your tablet and then it will play.
- NOTE: If you are using the free version of Player, the Intuiface watermark will appear in your experience.
- DOWNLOAD your work to the tablet for travel and/or offline use
Here you are saving an experience directly on the tablet.
- In Composer, publish your experience. This will make the experience available in the Player Experiences panel, on the "My Experiences" tab. Experiences shared with you by other Intuiface accounts will also be available in the Experiences panel, on the "Shared With Me" tab.
- Touch any experience in the Experiences panel and it will automatically download and then play.
Player on iPad and Android can be used without a license. This free use comes with some limitations:
- Only one experience can be downloaded to the tablet. Attempts to download a second experience will override the first.
- All experiences will be run with the Intuiface watermark.
- The tablet must be online at all times. An offline mode is not supported for free Player use.
By installing appropriate hardware such as Chromecast for Android and Apple TV for iPad devices, you can stream your Intuiface experiences onto large screens. Of course, what you see on screen won't be interactive. Rather, it's a mirror of what is happening on the device.