This article will explain how to run Intuiface Player for Kiosks on the Samsung SMART Signage Platform. Once Player is running, the user experience is identical to that of Player on all other supported platforms. If you are already familiar with how to use Player on those platforms then you can go from a published Intuiface experience to running it on the SSSP in seconds. If you are new to Intuiface, hang in there - it's easy!
As the only multi-touch option for the Samsung SSP, Intuiface is an innovation for a display platform that has only recently adopted touch capability. We have worked - and are working - hard with Samsung to not only refine our support but to improve the SSSP itself. We ask that you bring us into your evaluation process early so you can benefit from our knowledge and insight. We are here to help you get the most out of your investment in the SSP. Contact us using this page.
Intuiface Player for Kiosks on the SSSP supports the P Series family of devices - aka SSSP 4.0. The SSSP 4.0 was the first to introduce the Tizen operating system.
We recommend installation of the latest firmware available for download from your Samsung reseller or Samsung support team.
For a complete list of Samsung products compatible with SSSP 4.0, click here and scroll down to the section about SSSP 4.0.
- You must be running no less than Intuiface Version 5.7 to work with SSSP 4.0
- Intuiface does not support SSSP 2.0 or SSSP 3.0
- Intuiface Player has been tested on the PM32F and PM55F devices
- Use of Intuiface Player for Kiosks on Samsung SSP assumes you have an Intuiface account. Need one? Click here to register.
- A paid license is not required to use either Composer or Player. However, if either is used without a license, Intuiface experiences will be watermarked with the Intuiface logo.
- Become familiar with the current solution limitations. Some are due to Intuiface, others to the SSSP. All will be addressed over time.
- Power up the SSP and configure it if necessary.
- Open the URL Launcher by using your remote to select the menu items
MENU → System → Play via → URL Launcher
- On the URL Launcher menu, select Install Web App option.
- Enter the URL for Player then click the "Done" button
- Each version of Player supporting the Samsung SSP has its own unique URL.
- In the image below, we are using
https://sssp.intuiface.comto load the latest version of Intuiface Player for Kiosks. This version assumes your SSP has a touch screen.
- For a mouse-enabled version of Player, use
https://sssp.intuiface.com/mouseto load the latest version of Intuiface Player for Kiosks with mouse support.
- To load a specific version of a Player, see this page
- Once the "OK" button is pressed, installation of Intuiface Player will start!
Once Player is installed you will need to activate a license.
NOTE: When a license expires it is released automatically. Player will then attempt to request a new license the next time it is run.
Log into Player using the Intuiface account credentials supplied by the creator of the experiences you wish to run. The act of logging in automatically assigns a Player for Kiosks license key to that particular Samsung SSP device.
Use this option if you are evaluating Player and have not yet purchased a license.
Enter a license key into the "Email" field, leave the "Password" field blank and click the "Log In" button. The specified Player for Kiosks license key will be retrieved and activated. Each key is associated with a specific Intuiface account and it is to the experiences of this account that Player will have direct access.
The advantage of this option is the person installing Player does not need to know either the Intuiface account login credentials or individual license keys. A single credential key can be used on any number of devices that will be used to run Player.
Open the Credential Keys page in a Web browser. Here you have the option of copying an existing Hands-Free Licensing credential key or creating then copying a new credential key.
If you wish to create a new one, follow the directions here.
Take the credential key from Step One, paste it into the "Email" field, leave the "Password" field blank and click the "Log In" button.
Any available Player for Kiosks license will be automatically checked out.
Every time you restart the SSP, if Intuiface Player was the last URL loaded by the URL Launcher, just select the Intuiface Player icon to start Player.
The experiences listed in the Intuiface Experiences panel are found by Player because they were either:
- published by someone using Composer under the same Intuiface account used to run Player
- shared with the Intuiface account used to run Player
The former are listed on the My Experiences tab of Player's Experiences panel. The latter are listed on the Shared With Me tab of Player's Experiences panel.
A third tab in the Experiences panel - named Samples - references a variety of sample experiences you can download to try out Player on the Samsung SSP.