NOTE: Preview Mode is available only for Player on Android, BrightSign and ChromeOS devices.
It is not available on Windows, iOS, Samsung SMART Signage Platform or on LG WebOS.
In addition to creating a local copy of a published experience for offline use, Intuiface Player for Android, ChromeOS and BrightSign, enables you to preview an experience running in Composer if all devices are on the same local network. We call this Preview Mode as it enables you to review and test your project without first having to publish it.
You can also use the "Use Non-Windows Player" option of Composer's Play Mode to check how your project will look on a tablet device.
Preview Mode prerequisites
Make sure all three of the following prerequisites are fulfilled:
- You must run the Intuiface Configuration Tool on that PC with elevated administrator privileges. To do this you may need the help of your IT organization.
- You have logged into both Player and Composer with the same Intuiface account.
- Your BrightSign/Android/ChromeOS device and the PC running Intuiface Composer are on the same network. This is necessary to ensure Player can detect Composer and access the running experience.
To test your connection:
- Put Composer in Play Mode.
- On your device, open a Web browser and enter the following URL
http://aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd:8000/intuiface/helpwhere aaa.bbb.ccc.ddd is the IP address of the PC running Composer.
- If you see a Help page in the browser, your connection is good and Preview Mode should work.
Using Preview Mode
In Player, in the Preview panel, click the icon Connect to a Composer in Play Mode.
Next, enter the IP address of the PC running Composer in Play Mode.
If you don't know how to get the IP address, go back to Composer, open the menu item Help -> About and look for the "Running on..." statement.
As soon as Player detects Composer in Play Mode, the running experience is automatically copied over the network to your tablet and run by Player. Once copied, you can stop Play Mode in Composer and continue to run the experience in Player. When you exit this running experience in Player, you will NOT see it listed in the My Experiences panel. This is to prevent conflict with subsequent published versions of the same experience.
The length of time necessary for the copy process to complete depends on the size of your experience and the speed of your network. Once copied, Player will "remember" the preview so if you make changes in Composer and rerun Preview Mode, only the changes will be transferred, significantly speeding up the copy process.
Article is closed for comments.