Intuiface can collect information reflecting the decisions made by experience users. For example, by collecting such analytic information you could determine:
- the most popular product
- the most visited scene
- the most run video
- the most [anything else you want to measure]
And, of course, with this information you could also determine the least popular, least visited, least run, etc.
Generating analytics is a three step process:
- Add the Analytics interface asset to your experience and enable it.
- Call the Report interaction action, associated with the Analytics interface asset, for every event you want to record.
- Download analytic data using Microsoft Excel or a custom REST-based query
NOTE: Use of the Analytics interface asset requires a live Internet connection. This is because logged events are stored in a cloud-hosted database managed by Intuiface.
The analytics capability is available on all of Intuiface's supported platforms - Windows, iPad, Android, Samsung SSP - and in both Player and Composer's Play Mode.
All reported events are stored in a cloud-hosted database managed by Intuiface. Events logged across all experiences, all devices, all licenses - that is, every single logged event associated with a given Intuiface account - are stored together. Real-time queries can narrow down the search and filters in your favorite spreadsheet program, like Microsoft Excel, can narrow your analysis down further.
Those in possession of at least one Composer Enterprise have access to increased analytics-related capability in comparison to those with Composer Free and Composer Pro:
- Enterprise Edition users can retrieve data collected over the past 365 days. Free and Pro Edition users can retrieve data collected over the last 24 hours.
- Enterprise Edition users can run a custom HTML query to generate an XML or JSON-based response containing real-time logs, useful when employing third party data mining tools. Free and Pro Edition users can download an Excel spreadsheet containing the usage logs.