To share and deploy an experience, that experience must be published by Composer. To publish an experience is to place a copy of that experience in globally accessible cloud storage.
It is insufficient for you to manually store your experiences in the cloud. You must let Intuiface do this for you through the act of publishing an experience.
For cloud storage, Intuiface offers two options:
- Intuiface Cloud Storage
- This is the default storage option. It is preconfigured and ready for use out of the box. Under the covers, it uses Amazon S3 - although this fact is hidden from you. For details, see this page.
- Amazon S3
- We recommend the use of a bucket geographically close to the deployment location, if possible. Region options for Amazon S3 buckets are listed here. For information about how to create an Amazon S3 account for the storage of published Intuiface experiences, please read this article.
Granting Intuiface Access to a Personal Amazon S3 Bucket
To configure Intuiface to use your personal Amazon S3 bucket:
- Go to the Experiences panel of the Share and Deploy console
- Click the "Storage Settings" button located on the right side of the page.
Note: If your Intuiface account is a Secondary account, it will not have access to Storage Settings.
- Click the AWS S3 icon
- Enter the information necessary to grant Intuiface access to your Amazon S3 storage. Then
- Click on Check to verify that the information is correct
- Click on Submit to save the configuration
- Click the Set As Default button to make this your default Publishing option.
- NOTE: Experiences already published will continue to be updated on their associated storage.
NOTE: An Intuiface account can only be granted access to one AWS S3 bucket. If you have access to two or more Amazon S3 buckets, you must pick one and only one for your Intuiface account.
Moving experiences between storage providers
Already-published experiences will continue to be updated in their original storage location, even if the default storage option has changed. If you want to move the experience, you must either:
- delete it from its original storage location, change your default storage option to Intuiface Cloud Storage, and then republish the experience from within Composer
- create a copy of the experience in Composer (File -> Save as...), then publish the copy after changing your default storage option to Intuiface Cloud Storage
Be sure to have a local copy of your experience before deleting it from Intuiface Cloud Storage. If an experience is deleted from Intuiface Cloud Storage, no backup is kept.
- All paid Intuiface accounts include a storage roll-over feature: If the custom AWS option has been configured, then should one cloud storage option fill up, the alternative option will automatically be used.
Article is closed for comments.